Allardyce close to breaking point at Newcastle

Jimbo

If he played 442 with the players in their proper positions and the best players on the pitch the pressure would be firmly on the players now and not him.

As it is, hes got players out of position, our best players on the bench and hes going for 0-0 draws against the bottom 3 teams with our slowest striker up front on his own.

He deserves all the criticism he gets. Regardless of who our captain is!

Fully agree. Fish wants to stick to watching Rugby and shorten his posts while he's on, making my eyes bleed tbh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point out ONE SINGLE POSTER who has said that. :huh:

Pud.

what do I win? :lol:

seems to me that Sam is as frustrated with the performances as we are which leads me to believe that they're failing to meet his and our expectations despite his efforts. Getting rid of him is not the answer now. I think any new appointment would enjoy a purple patch then slump back into mediochrity because he'll yet again lose the fickle crowd who will boo and hiss like panto audiences after two or three bad performances ont he bounce. Then his head will be called for by those fickle fans who will say anything is better than who-ever we've thrown millions at to get and we'll be right back at square one.

We are the laughing stock of the premiership and it's the fans who want results immediately who perpetuate it. :razz:

There's only one factor to blame for Big Sham's position, and thats himself, you can't point the finger of blame at the fans, apart from pockets of abuse, he's had support, his brand of Anti-football and his stuborness and lack of a plan B is his undoing, its not about expecting results, its about expecting to watch a team trying to win, with a level performance, spirit and comitment, and under Allardyce we've not seen it.

There's only one factor to blame for Big Sham's position, and thats himself

Big Sham? :lol::huh:

sham adj false, counterfeit or pretended; insincere. verb (shammed, shamming) tr & intr 1 to pretend or feign. 2 to make false pretences or to pretend to be • to sham sick. noun 1 anything not genuine. 2 a person who shams, especially an impostor.

Sounds spot on to me ! :razz:

Point out ONE SINGLE POSTER who has said that. :razz:

Pud.

what do I win? :huh:

seems to me that Sam is as frustrated with the performances as we are which leads me to believe that they're failing to meet his and our expectations despite his efforts. Getting rid of him is not the answer now. I think any new appointment would enjoy a purple patch then slump back into mediochrity because he'll yet again lose the fickle crowd who will boo and hiss like panto audiences after two or three bad performances ont he bounce. Then his head will be called for by those fickle fans who will say anything is better than who-ever we've thrown millions at to get and we'll be right back at square one.

We are the laughing stock of the premiership and it's the fans who want results immediately who perpetuate it. :nufc:

Dave for a man that hates to be wrong, you are so incorrect it's just gemmill and souness all over again.

I'll spell it out for you just because it's the festive season and all that crap, no-one wants to see us lose 4-5 and play attractive football, every single one of us would take butt fucking ugly 1-0 wins, week in week out.

BUT ALLARDYCE THE USELESS CUNT CAN'T EVEN DO THAT!

So there you have it my man, happy new year!

what exactly is incorrect in my post? :lol:

I guess I'm just fed up of hearing people bitch and moan that we don't have a good manager and they'd take success even if it was ugly and all that crap, then when we do get a good manager in but play dour football, it's the clichéd Newcastle fan who rears his ugly head.

4-3, we want to be entertained, 1-0 is boring etc. etc. etc.

Sorry David, this was the quote where you are obviously incorrect but let's be honest everything you write to defend this man is wrong.

I guess I'm just fed up of hearing people bitch and moan that we don't have a good manager and they'd take success even if it was ugly and all that crap, then when we do get a good manager in but play dour football, it's the clichéd Newcastle fan who rears his ugly head.

4-3, we want to be entertained, 1-0 is boring etc. etc. etc.

Sorry David, this was the quote where you are obviously incorrect but let's be honest everything you write to defend this man is wrong.

in your opinion, but equally I'm exasperated with the average Newcastle fan who is demanding instant success and is not willing to give a man who (on a small budget) has taken an average side into Europe.

None of the above post is incorrect though. Remember that this forum is not the sole source of Newcastle fans I have to go off. You have to admit though, the cliché Newcastle fan is the one that wants instant success and the one who wants entertaining first and foremost. A casual observer of this board would certainly leave with the impression that this is not a cliché and that it is in fact pretty on the money.

The people who want Sam out are complaing about the football we're playing, not the league position we occupy, nor the quality of the players. the teams below us would trade their football for our position if it were to be offered.

It's easy to ask for a change, because it can happen. If it does, we're pretty likely to finish up in the top half of the table simply because we can attract a half decent manager who'll benefit from a decent enough team and ride a honeymoon wave for 6 games or so. But if this man doesn't deliver on yet higher expectations from an irrational crowd he too will be shot out of the building with another pay-off and another season fucking wated.

I get people are pissed off, I really do, but I see absolutely no reason to change the manger now.

it's stupidity, irrational naive impetuous stupidity and I for one am sick of it.

Dave, I think you're worrying about the wrong things.

Those of us calling for a change are looking at it from the experience of Souness and Roeder not because we miss KK.

We're the laughing stock if we stay with this man or if we get rid, either way someone will be calling us fickle.

As I've stated all alone, right man under Shepherd wrong man under Mort.

Dave, I think you're worrying about the wrong things.

Those of us calling for a change are looking at it from the experience of Souness and Roeder not because we miss KK.

We're the laughing stock if we stay with this man or if we get rid, either way someone will be calling us fickle.

As I've stated all alone, right man under Shepherd wrong man under Mort.

How, if we stick by the current manager are we being fickle?

that makes no sense.

the Experience of Souness and Roeder have taught me one thing, you get a decent manger you stick by him, you don't show him the door so that he's replaced by a Souness or Roeder. I'm not saying Allardyace is our new Robson, but he's a damned sight better than those two.

I don't think there is a "wrong man" under Mort, I think he's savvy enough to leave the football to the manger and run the club above him properly. The back room and behind the scenes staff have been brought in to revolutionise the club and changing the manger will simply destroy all of that, requiring another overhaul.

yet again my point remains, getting rid solves absolutely fucking nothing... save satisfying the impatient needs of the fickle fans.

Who expects instant success? No-one.

But we've a manager whose approach on Boxing Day was to go and contain the threat Wigan had to offer. As a result we mustered 1 shot on goal all game and we concede a goal from a set piece.

Now with the same squad of players, same opposition but a different approach to the game, are you really saying there is no way we could have fashioned more than a solitary effort from the 90 minutes?

The cautious, safety first option is used by top managers in big games because it's needed. You'd see it in Champions League semi finals or crucial league head-to-heads. It shouldn't be needed for going into games against the last three we've faced (I wasn't at Wigan and have only seen highlights, but Fulham and Derby were awful). We've failed to establish ourselves in any of those games, because the manager has instilled an inexplicably negative attitude within the side.

I honestly thought Allardyce was far more flexible and was the sort of manager that would maximise his resources and play the way that is most likely to win the game and progress in the league. Even at Bolton they played some good stuff on occasion and when it came to the big boys who would out-football them, they sharpened the studs.

It's the mentality I don't understand. I can't see how the approach is helping anyone. Maybe that just makes me another braying idiot.

But we've a manager whose approach on Boxing Day was to go and contain the threat Wigan had to offer. As a result we mustered 1 shot on goal all game and we concede a goal from a set piece.

Now with the same squad of players, same opposition but a different approach to the game, are you really saying there is no way we could have fashioned more than a solitary effort from the 90 minutes?

The cautious, safety first option is used by top managers in big games because it's needed. You'd see it in Champions League semi finals or crucial league head-to-heads. It shouldn't be needed for going into games against the last three we've faced (I wasn't at Wigan and have only seen highlights, but Fulham and Derby were awful). We've failed to establish ourselves in any of those games, because the manager has instilled an inexplicably negative attitude within the side.

I honestly thought Allardyce was far more flexible and was the sort of manager that would maximise his resources and play the way that is most likely to win the game and progress in the league. Even at Bolton they played some good stuff on occasion and when it came to the big boys who would out-football them, they sharpened the studs.

It's the mentality I don't understand. I can't see how the approach is helping anyone. Maybe that just makes me another braying idiot.

Quoted for truth.

.................... I think any new appointment would enjoy a purple patch ......................................

Well I for one would enjoy a patch of any colour just now Mr. Fish. A change from the pathetic, underperforming, shitty patch we're mired in would be welcome even if it only lasted for a short while.

Still has a small club menatlity.

Quoted for truth.

And quoted again to see if Fish has an answer too it.

Edited by Wacky Jnr

There's nothing I disagree with in that post. So what question were you wanting me to answer?

I cannot explain the decisions, the tactics or the attitude of the players. I don't believe that Allardyce is solely to blame, but I do believe that his shoulders must carry the majority of it.

I don't think sacking him after 6 months in charge is anything like a good idea though.

Agree with this completely. I thought exactly the same as in bold.

Agree with this completely. I thought exactly the same as in bold.

I think we all did :lol:

• 1 year later...
For all Big Sam’s successes before he came to Newcastle, it’s always fallen apart quite dismally the very moment he left. Notts County broke all kinds of records under him, won the league by 17 points, promoted in March, he’s surely a genius, but once he’d done a runner for the bright lights of Bolton the club were soon in financial crisis and later relegated.

He did marvellous things at Bolton, dragged them up by the scruff of their neck from the lower end of division one into the glitterati of the UEFA cup and consistent finishes in the top end of the Premier league. But what was it built on? For things to have fallen apart so badly at Bolton the foundations must have been quite shaky. It can only be that Sam is a trickster. He’s a hack, but he realises how simple football is. All you have to do is put the ball in the opposition net. Of course he’ll not admit this, he’ll wrap it all up in a package that draws the eye, that builds confidence in how astute his decision making must be. He’ll sit high in the stand so you know he’s tactically aware, he’ll wear an ear piece to show he’s passing on his wisdom to his staff in the dugout, he’ll bring in teams of dieticians and physiotherapists to show that he’s thinking scientifically, he’s on a higher plane than other managers, he’s living in the future and we’re all catching up.

But what do his teams do? They whack the ball forward over the top. This is a style of play Wimbledon were derided for many moons ago, though it brought them success too. If only Joe Kinnear had worn an ear piece, he could have been getting considered for the England job. Sammy Lee worked under Sam Allardyce and was completely sold on the myth, he thought as long as he had a piece of plastic wedged in his lug he was a tactical genius, you have to feel sorry for him, as soon as he said anything to his players other than “whack it over the top, Anelka will score” he was doomed, so Bolton are now where they always belonged.

Allardyce was still selling us his story last week, “best start in 10 years”, “course we’re entertaining, we scored 3 goals”. I was a bit confused, the media were going along with it as if we’ve never had it so good since little Keggy Keegle won us 75 games on the bounce 8-6, “those Geordie rascals, never happy unless they’ve seen a 14 goals and 12 defensive errors”. Well I’m sorry that’s bollocks, I just know when I’m being sold a lie, and judging by the reaction of most people around me on Saturday I’m not the only one.

Consider this. Glenn Roeder got 19 points from his first 10 games in charge. That run included games against Man Utd, Liverpool and Sam Allardyce’s high flying Bolton. Now we’ve got 17 points from our first ten under Big Sam, but we’ve only played one game against anyone above our mid-table position. The impotence of Saturdays performance left many fans very unhappy, and the honeymoon is over, we don’t insist on 7 goal thrillers, but nor will we accept playing for a draw at Reading, especially when we can’t even achieve that.

All those twat's claiming Allardyce was the man for us should remember it all goes back to him.

Forgotten I'd compared him to Kinnear before he came too. I couldn't have dreamed Denis Wise was reading. :wub:

• 3 months later...

Brian Woolnough what a huge headed wanker, he was on RADIO Five Live last night saying he felt no sympathy for NUFC followers because we DEMANDED he was removed from his position.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but was he not given a standing ovation after his last game at Stoke, after a performance which was worse than pathetic?? See southerners commenting on NUFC, they don't have the facts, the understanding, or the insight to comment, they're an embarrassment to their trade, if I was a journalist and I had fuck all to say, I'd just report the fact, rather than comment and just make things up, the fat ucnt.

Brian Woolnough what a huge headed wanker, he was on RADIO Five Live last night saying he felt no sympathy for NUFC followers because we DEMANDED he was removed from his position.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but was he not given a standing ovation after his last game at Stoke, after a performance which was worse than pathetic?? See southerners commenting on NUFC, they don't have the facts, the understanding, or the insight to comment, they're an embarrassment to their trade, if I was a journalist and I had fuck all to say, I'd just report the fact, rather than comment and just make things up, the fat ucnt.

Journos are the ones who perpetuate the myths about us. I expect Woolnough knows Allardyce, who never fails to blame everyone else but himself for his failings.

Brian Woolnough writes for the Star and aims himself firmly at its readership, i.e. people who find The Sun and The Mirror a bit too highbrow. What is annoying though is that he gets to spout his shit frequently on Radio 5. It's hard to know if he's just after a bite or he really is that ignorant about what went on up here.

I believe that is fully down to Sky, they continously broadcasted the abuse he received off those two guys, when we got our arses handed to us by Liverpool, also the game was live on Sky giving them more to feed off.