EMOs

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Guest Patrokles

Emo started out in the 90s as a branch of hardcoreish music that was heartfelt and 'emo'tional. The bands were actually pretty good. Then it went dormant for a while. Now, for some reason in recent years, it's become the watchword amongst teenagers/young adults who describe anyone who cries or whinges a lot as 'emo'.

It can also refer to style and band-taste. But none of the bands are really emo, tbf. As someone said earlier, they look a little like goths but care more about their hair and don't wear so much make-up. Long fringes on boys.

Guest Patrokles

The bands that emo started out with were the Promise Ring, Rites of Spring, Mission of Burma.

This has become replaced by Death Cab for Cutie, Bright Eyes, and any number of pop-punkish shite like Fall Out Boy and such.

The bands that emo started out with were the Promise Ring, Rites of Spring, Mission of Burma.

This has become replaced by Death Cab for Cutie, Bright Eyes, and any number of pop-punkish shite like Fall Out Boy and such.

I'm a big fan of Bright Eyes and Death Cab for Cutie, I didn't know they were "emo", interesting.

Emo started out in the 90s as a branch of hardcoreish music that was heartfelt and 'emo'tional. The bands were actually pretty good. Then it went dormant for a while. Now, for some reason in recent years, it's become the watchword amongst teenagers/young adults who describe anyone who cries or whinges a lot as 'emo'.

It can also refer to style and band-taste. But none of the bands are really emo, tbf. As someone said earlier, they look a little like goths but care more about their hair and don't wear so much make-up. Long fringes on boys.

Late 80's to be honest.

And the contemporary perception of emo is a fucking mile off.

So that now old emo isn't emo at all.

Fashion killed an entire genre. :lol:

so you're an EMO then? :lol:

emokid.gif

I'm a big fan of Bright Eyes and Death Cab for Cutie, I didn't know they were "emo", interesting.

They were, then what it (emo) was changed, and they are no longer emo. Emo these days is stuff like fall out boy, my chemical romance and the like. The rock night here in plymouth is truely terrible since they just play emo style crap and when i ask for something like the clash the DJ just laughs...

They were, then what it (emo) was changed, and they are no longer emo. Emo these days is stuff like fall out boy, my chemical romance and the like. The rock night here in plymouth is truely terrible since they just play emo style crap and when i ask for something like the clash the DJ just laughs...

:lol: