NUFC v Stoke - FA Cup replay

sammynb

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how are we actually set up for this game, I've got it on the radio but missed the lineup etc

Newcastle

* 01 Given

* 02 Carr

* 27 Taylor

* 06 Cacapa

* 03 Jose Enrique

* 16 Milner

* 05 Emre

* 14 N'Zogbia

* 11 Duff

* 36 Viduka

* 10 Owen

Substitutes

* 13 Harper,

* 04 Rozehnal,

* 30 Edgar,

* 38 LuaLua,

* 39 Carroll

The wanker commentating on the game for BBC Sport Online is just that, an utter wanker.

Saves me having to say it. :nufc:

2032: GOAL Newcastle 2-0 Stoke

Just a minute after losing Emre, Newcastle double their lead, Claudio Cacapa heading home a corner at the near post. Half-time at Hereford, where it remains goalless.

"...and oh, how we wish we could summon up the ghost of Ronnie Radford for a bit of a story now. John Motson, jumpers for goalposts, isn't it?"

OK, maybe that's just me. :nufc:

Edited by Meenzer

how are we actually set up for this game, I've got it on the radio but missed the lineup etc

Newcastle

* 01 Given

* 02 Carr

* 27 Taylor

* 06 Cacapa

* 03 Jose Enrique

* 16 Milner

* 05 Emre

* 14 N'Zogbia

* 11 Duff

* 36 Viduka

* 10 Owen

Substitutes

* 13 Harper,

* 04 Rozehnal,

* 30 Edgar,

* 38 LuaLua,

* 39 Carroll

cheers :nufc:

Well done Emre you fucking prick, just when we're down to the bare bones in midfield you go and get yourself sent off, cheers you ill-tempered little wanker.

By the sounds of things Owen is doing more in this game than he has all season, says a lot about how well Allardyce did at motivating the players. :nufc:

Some really spiteful stuff on the BBC commentary:

1958: News in that King Kev has entered the building up in Newcastle - whether he arrived by sedan chair has yet to be confirmed. They're now playing Football's Coming Home inside St James' Park - it's verging on hysterical up there, I think the city of Newcastle might fold in on itself and disappear up Keegan's backside when he finally strolls onto the pitch. Although we're not sure that's going to happen yet...

Is the commentator a mackem? Or just another sad London bastard?

EDIT:

2019: News reaches me that King Kev has arrived at St James' Park...AND HERE HE RUDDY IS!!! AS IF BY MAGIC, THE MESSIAH HAS ENTERED THE STADIUM! HE WAS HOVERING! I'M TELLING YOU HE HOVERED INTO THE STADIUM LIKE A GIANT KESTREL! Ruddy awful leather jacket though, he looks less like the Messiah and more like the bloke who owns the catering shop downstairs from me.

M-A-C-K-flippin-E-M

Edited by acrossthepond

Some really spiteful stuff on the BBC commentary:

1958: News in that King Kev has entered the building up in Newcastle - whether he arrived by sedan chair has yet to be confirmed. They're now playing Football's Coming Home inside St James' Park - it's verging on hysterical up there, I think the city of Newcastle might fold in on itself and disappear up Keegan's backside when he finally strolls onto the pitch. Although we're not sure that's going to happen yet...

Is the commentator a mackem? Or just another sad London bastard?

If we had appointed someone who everyone wasn't as happy with and some people were complaining then the press would be coming out with the usual fickle Geordie shite again....

Tosser.

Feels like a club!

Fuck what any other twats think.

Reluctant as I am to align my opinion to that of a smelly student :nufc: :nufc: , he's got a point. People would have been sniping at us regardless of whoever we'd signed up. Let's just enjoy the nostalgia value for now and see what happens along the line.

BBC Online: - "Keegan busy signing autographs over at St James' Park while owner Mike Ashley looks decidedly smug, like a boy who knows he has just pulled the best-looking treacle at a youth club disco. "

:nufc: :nufc:

Edited by robchester

Just saw the half-time highlights on BBC. Emre was a bit daft, but - for all the Beeb's commentator wailing "where's the consistency??? was a bit cringeworthy - he's got a point. Uriah Rennie as we know and love him, basically.

Just seen highlights on BBC1

No complaints about Emre's red. Didnt look that bad at first but terrible challenge.

He was stupid to get wound up by the challenge on him and retailiate, but you must admit the first challenge was rough too.

No complaints about Emre's red. Didnt look that bad at first but terrible challenge.

He was stupid to get wound up by the challenge on him and retailiate, but you must admit the first challenge was rough too.

Oh of course. Probably only deserved a yellow though... but for it to not even be a foul is abit weird.

Shearer: "It remains an ambition of mine to manage [Newcastle] some day, when that will be I don't really know."

On Keegan:

"It'll be exciting."

Then Hansen repeating the "they get 6, we'll get 7" fallacy. Great.

I can to a (very little) degree understand retaliating directly, but not several minutes later. That is just pure madness, but unfortunately too typical for the tw*t.

Oh of course. Probably only deserved a yellow though... but for it to not even be a foul is abit weird.

Yellow for both I'd say, but then I didn't see an angle on the Beeb that showed Emre's challenge to be anything more than petulant. Then again, that seems to be enough these days, and he should have known that. I'd still love to see it from the ref's perspective.