Keep yer feet still geordie hinnie

JawD

Just been watching sky sports. Numerous texts etc saying we will win the league in 3 years blah blah. I think alot of people are getting far to carried away. Im chuffed Kev is back if nothing else to put some damn pride back into the club after we have been dragged through the gutter and spat on of late. But what do we really expect? He done little at the clubs out of the ordinary after us and we shouldnt expect to carry on from where we left off last time he was here. the club, fans, game and him have all changed.

Im thinking Uefa spot regualrly, maybe 7-6th or there abouts. Some may think he will struggle while some really may think he can go that extra mile. who knows. Be interesting to see who he brings in staff wise and how he starts to play.

I think his play will be more reserved as well perhaps. Who knows.

Gonna enjoy the ride though.

Even my apathy is diminishing quickly.

I'm excited but fucking terrified at the same time.

You need the right balance of excitement and fear in any walk of life.

i think the big thing about Keegan coming back is that there is an instant lift amongst the fans and around the club. This is definitely a heart decision rather than one made with the head but it would be great if he could turn our fortunes around and start putitng some performances back on the pitch.

What is more important, is who he brings in to help him achieve this. Personally I would love to see Shearer alongside him with a couple of top coaches. Steve Round is highly regarded so would like to see him stay however, John Carver was also highly considered and is now out of a job. Surround himself with people who can help him and we could see some good stuff on the pitch. It may also mean that there is some continuity.

we won't win anything under him but if ashley backs him with his billions i expect exciting, attacking football, top half finishes and something approaching the old atmosphere back at st james

I think that's how most of us feel. I decided to just enjoy my multiple orgasm for now. :nufc:

Agreed. Who knows we might even give Arsenal's reserves a game in the league cup someday

I think that's how most of us feel. I decided to just enjoy my multiple orgasm for now. :nufc:

Agreed. Who knows we might even give Arsenal's reserves a game in the league cup someday

Shh! He might scrap them again! :nufc:

totally changed my expectations to be honest. I was worried about another season of drudgery, but I now suddenly (and unjustifiably) am expecting a season of entertaining mediocrity

Well, we cant expect much to chance this season. Whether he manages to bring anyone in is debatable. So with the crop of players he could get them playing football as a start, but with players off in the African jaunt we are thin on the ground. Keeping us 12-10th will be an achievement this season tbf.

Well, we cant expect much to chance this season. Whether he manages to bring anyone in is debatable. So with the crop of players he could get them playing football as a start, but with players off in the African jaunt we are thin on the ground. Keeping us 12-10th will be an achievement this season tbf.

Agree, hopefully people will realise that.