Alan Shearer

Tribal

He turned down Man Utd to try and win things with the club he loved, and they're still bitter about it to this day. He stayed with us for ten years, and won fuck all, and still wants to be associated/involved with the club. The man is a legend.

Sounds more like a loser. :icon_lol:

You sound like a Man Utd fan, there's more to football than winning trophies.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He turned down Man Utd to try and win things with the club he loved, and they're still bitter about it to this day. He stayed with us for ten years, and won fuck all, and still wants to be associated/involved with the club. The man is a legend.

He should get his hands dirty and show he wants to be a manager....He needs to stop grinning, smirking and letting on he wants to manage us in the miriad of covert ways the little schemer has dreamed up. He needs to stop playing golf with FS...He needs to fuck off for 4 years till KK has finished his new project here and come back with a few more skills than bits of photocopy about diets and a red cross badge.

He should get his hands dirty and show he wants to be a manager....He needs to stop grinning, smirking and letting on he wants to manage us in the miriad of covert ways the little schemer has dreamed up. He needs to stop playing golf with FS...He needs to fuck off for 4 years till KK has finished his new project here and come back with a few more skills than bits of photocopy about diets and a red cross badge.

Perhaps, but for once I agree with Gol, it's fashionable to knock Shearer at the moment. When you remember all he has done for us, there's no need for that kind of talk contained within the rest of your post.

Nice sidestepping of my point btw.

Sounds more like a loser. B)

Perhaps, but for once I agree with Gol, it's fashionable to knock Shearer at the moment. When you remember all he has done for us, there's no need for that kind of talk contained within the rest of your post.

Nice sidestepping of my point btw.

Your point is so well worn and overused it could easily have been posted in papyrus. :icon_lol:

I dont mind saying Id be happt if AS accepted a role as a no2. Or even as a coach of some kind. If he wants to be involved in a way other than manager then good on him. Bloke is a legend to the club. I wouldnt go as far as to say he can do no wrong, but I fail to see why people seem to bare such a grudge? He could hardly come out and say he wanted the job when Sam was here as that wouldnt be professional. Now that Sams gone, when he was asked he said he would be interested. On MotD he said he hadnt considered a no 2 role but said he would talk to KK if asked. I dont see what the issue is?

I dont mind saying Id be happt if AS accepted a role as a no2. Or even as a coach of some kind. If he wants to be involved in a way other than manager then good on him. Bloke is a legend to the club. I wouldnt go as far as to say he can do no wrong, but I fail to see why people seem to bare such a grudge? He could hardly come out and say he wanted the job when Sam was here as that wouldnt be professional. Now that Sams gone, when he was asked he said he would be interested. On MotD he said he hadnt considered a no 2 role but said he would talk to KK if asked. I dont see what the issue is?

I think he answered the questione levelled at him on MOTD very well tbh. Pretty non committal but was obviously excited by the developements as a fan first and foremost and rightly said that he would talk to the club if they felt he could help in anyway. I think him being part of he set up now would be a great way of him learning the ropes and seeing if he could cut it in the future!

He obviously is very excited by the prospect of Mike Ashley's "revolution".... (or understandably shit scared of missing out on the hopefully upcoming glory days).

My worry is that he has a gigantic ego that could unsettle Keegan's plans. It's not like he's happy to play second fiddle generally and I can't really see what Keegan gets out of it.

He obviously is very excited by the prospect of Mike Ashley's "revolution".... (or understandably shit scared of missing out on the hopefully upcoming glory days).

My worry is that he has a gigantic ego that could unsettle Keegan's plans. It's not like he's happy to play second fiddle generally and I can't really see what Keegan gets out of it.

At least Shearer has got a foreskin.

KK is such motivator and has that special charisma, not really sure what AS will bring to the party. Hardly a coach or tactician is he?

At some point I'd welcome him, but I want to see a bit more than him pissing about on telly and whatnot...

..so cruel.... B)

:icon_lol:

ITK? :icon_lol:

Edited by JawD

Got a copy of Alan Shearer's Ultimate football DVD today, good god he's dull :lol:

His 'media face' is I agree, but I don't rekon the real man is at all dull.

Speak to manc_mag, he seems to have the inside scoop. :lol:

Got a copy of Alan Shearer's Ultimate football DVD today, good god he's dull :lol:

His 'media face' is I agree, but I don't rekon the real man is at all dull.

Apparently he's a right prankster, can't wait till he brings his new autobiography out and tells us about the time he cut someone's tie up and hid their shoes when they were training.

I fancied having him back as a number 2, but after the press conference today and the general feel good factor around i think he would probably detract from the good feeling at the club.

If the rumours about his ego are true then hes not going to be happy going in as anything other than a very prominent number 2 and we could probably do without it atm

This is what is so hilarious to me, as a pundit he never says anything you didn't know already. He makes out like he's got a career on MOTD, but sorry, I think that contract will last only as long as someone more interesting and insightful comes along.

shearer is a crap pundit on the beeb. got nothing constructive to say. the man is a goal scoring phenomenon. Number 2... no way. Moneys on Terry Mac. there is no reason for this. but it will be.

Well T Mac is the de facto number 2 under Keegan anyway, so I doubt you've won anything.

yeah but dull's not like boring , like .

Thought they were synonyms.