Emre

Kid Dynamite

Was it a sending off? I didnt think it was at the match, and watching the replay after im still not sure. He definately tried to give him a knock to get him back but it looked more like a shoulder barge than an elbow flung in the face.

He looked good the first half hour too. Created more in 30 mins than smith, butt, geremi or barton all season. Hes definately worth a run in the team, every other fuckers had one. And hes canny at dead balls.

It was a retaliation of the earlier tackle from Eustace on Emre which left him crippled on the floor. Ref didn't batter an eye lid and Emre returned the favour on Eustace.

If the ref had took action on the foul to Emre it might not have happened, but a red card regardless.

I was touch and go from what I saw on the telly. But clearly that fuckwit Rennie is to blame. He let their guy get away with a shocking challenge on Emre just minutes before which sparked the situation off. If he had took some action then Emre wouldn't have lost it and would have stayed on the pitch.

Is there a worse referee?

It was studs down the shin. Couldnt have been his knee as Emre cant kick that high :icon_lol:

What pissed me off more was the way Rennie parades the red card around the centre circle like he is on parade. Prick. Also, missed a blatent back pass amongst other things.

I was touch and go from what I saw on the telly. But clearly that fuckwit Rennie is to blame. He let their guy get away with a shocking challenge on Emre just minutes before which sparked the situation off. If he had took some action then Emre wouldn't have lost it and would have stayed on the pitch.

How wrong the referee had been before doesn't really matter. If a player feels the need to retaliate several minutes later he is just an idiot. There is no excuse for that kind of behaviour by shifting the blame to the referee (even if he is a tw*t like Rennie). Looking at it I think that Emre had absolutely no intention to go for the ball. Therefore it was a straight red.

How wrong the referee had been before doesn't really matter. If a player feels the need to retaliate several minutes later he is just an idiot. There is no excuse for that kind of behaviour by shifting the blame to the referee (even if he is a tw*t like Rennie). Looking at it I think that Emre had absolutely no intention to go for the ball. Therefore it was a straight red.

I agree - its a fine line between the cliched passion and commitment which we all like and being an idiot - Emre fits the latter cap and you could argue Smith, Barton, and to a lesser extent Butt do as well.

I agree - its a fine line between the cliched passion and commitment which we all like and being an idiot - Emre fits the latter cap and you could argue Smith, Barton, and to a lesser extent Butt do as well.

I can see why he did it, and he's perfectly entitled to feel annoyed, but that's still no reason to do it. Much better ways to punish they opposition (something Beckham at least seemed to learn).

I thought he might have got away with it being a late tackle.

me too, i thought that the sunderland lad's tackle on him was far more dangerous imo, completely missed the ball sliding into the wee turkey, looked painful.

silly of Emre tho, very silly, looked really upset

His foot was over the ball. IMO it doesn't matter if it's one foot or two feet or even if the studs are showing.... if you go in for a challenge and your foot is going over the ball its reckless and deserving of a red card.

silly challenge but i wonder whether he is the sort of player that keegan will get the most out of. i've got a feeling that duff will relish playing under kk. emre has more attacking potential than any of our other current cms so he may well get a second chance - he looked finished under allardyce