Nufc Vs Brfc

Kid Dynamite

Hey Jimbo, with the benefit of hindsight, still glad we sacked Big Sam?

100%, had his fattness not contrived the losses to the likes of Derby and Wigan, failing to beat Sunderland and Derby again, we wouldn't be looking down the barrel of relegation.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank god we didn't waste any money in January.

There weren't much better around apparently. :razz:

A shame that life isn't as easy as computer games, eh...

Some contrive to make it harder being my point. Get you! <_<

I'm going to take positives from today.

We outplayed them by all accounts, we created lots of chances and we did so against a team fairing a lot better in the league than us.

There weren't much better around apparently. :razz:

A shame that life isn't as easy as computer games, eh...

Some contrive to make it harder being my point. Get you! <_<

You can come up with all your repetitive nonsense again. The thing is that the winter market isn't providing a lot. It's not a cliché, it's a fact. Look outside of the Premier League (and there only the big teams) you don't see any significant signings at all. So where does your optimism that the club would have picked up anyone decent come from that would really have lifted the club and not only have added more mediocrity to the existing crap?

Just got back from the game. One of the best performances in months. Plenty of creativity and a few good chances.

However <_< Owen missed two 1 on 1s, Duff missed a sitter and should never start ahead of charlie after today, Barton was a disgrace as usual. First player out the door in the summer please.

On the plus side, Smith actually had a decent game for once, Milner was great, the crowd were up for it and if we play like that the rest of the season we might just be safe.

But hard work doesnt get you points unless you win the game unfortunately!

Guest Patrokles

There weren't much better around apparently. <_<

Correct.

Guest Patrokles
*bored beyond belief at this shit*

It's not the same, though, is it? By all accounts, the performance was infinitely better.

I feel we deserved at least a draw there and why didn't we get a free kick when roberts i think it was had charlie in practically a headlock ffs then they'd have never scored. Plus Bentley is a dirty player should have been off. Nicky Butt is a godawful player and what is going on with Barton he was good at City. Too many chances missed and shocking defending for the goal. Roll on liverpool <_<

That's the best we've played in along while, we created alot of chances which we haven't done for ages and we even defended reasonably well all match. Of course all that counts for fuck all when you lose!

Bizarrely Barton played two perfect passes better than anything we've managed in ages but people didn't score from them, yet he was absolute dogshit for 90 mins aside from that. How the management cannot see that mentally he just isnt there to play prem football at the moment is beyond me. He's obviously got his mind on jail as anytime a defending player is up his arse he panics!

Sadly the fact is if you don't take your chances you will pay for it late on and we certainly did. Though i've heard from a few people that Zog was fouled in the lead up to their goal and if that's the case then we've been shafted yet again.

All comes down to the home games against Fulham, Reading and the Mackems now, win those and we're ok, struggle in them and we're in the shit. But looking at the last 3 games we really, really don't want to be in big need of points!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Unfortunately, with relegation, teams need a bit of luck to survive the drop. We dont seem to be getting any luck of late which concerns me most as there is usually one team that gets sucked in and at the moment, it is looking like us.

Keep the faith

Unfortunately, with relegation, teams need a bit of luck to survive the drop. We dont seem to be getting any luck of late which concerns me most as there is usually one team that gets sucked in and at the moment, it is looking like us.

Keep the faith

Yeah, for 90 mins you have to say it would not fall for us at all, especially in the box. Fair enough the Blackburn players threw themsleves in front of everything and got loads of blocks in, but everytime they did, it deflected over the bar, or just past the post or dropped to their player, and Friedel also made 3 good saves.

But ultimately we should have scored 2 or 3 and not given him the chance to save them which meant their goal was a real sickener when we should have already had the game won.

Just got back from the game. One of the best performances in months. Plenty of creativity and a few good chances.

However <_< Owen missed two 1 on 1s, Duff missed a sitter and should never start ahead of charlie after today, Barton was a disgrace as usual. First player out the door in the summer please.

On the plus side, Smith actually had a decent game for once, Milner was great, the crowd were up for it and if we play like that the rest of the season we might just be safe.

But hard work doesnt get you points unless you win the game unfortunately!

Thanks, just saved my typing that up when really cant be arsed. Sick a fuck getting in from the game, but this time more as we just didnt deserve that.

Got to take your chances though.

By decent I assume you mean "crap, but slightly less crap than usual...but overall still woefully shite" ?

that would be my definition.

Ah, soon you'll be spouting morose diatribe, bemoaning the current regime and calling people C**ts in every post...

Heartbreaking

A much improved performence but the bottom line is goals!!

If you don't score you can never win, they scored, we didn't, they won.

It was heartbreaking because; Owen missed goals he would have normally scored, the defense leaked the winning goal, another game we should have won, should have seen Zoggy on earlier.

Small consolation but we are still in 13th place due to Wigan & Blunderland not winning.

If we can keep up this tempo of performence and start scoring we should manage to avoid relegation.

By decent I assume you mean "crap, but slightly less crap than usual...but overall still woefully shite" ?

that would be my definition.

Playing in the role hes obviously been told to (Hold the ball up or knock it on) he won almost every ball that came to him. Unfortunately Owen seemed to be on a different planet and didnt get onto any of the balls Smith won for him.

Still not good enough for us but his best game in a while I felt.

Alright pud, right little ray of sunshine aren't you <_<

Ive given up on the blind faith and optimism and replaced it with "were all fucking doomed to a life of hell and misery"

Good...you've come to your senses then :razz:

It was like a fucking cold knife in the heart that goal. Not the one against Blyth btw <_<

Everyone could see it coming though.

Have to say that that is the lowest I have felt in a long, long time following a result; I was fuckin' numb :D:) (glad I still hurt, though, which shows I haven't completely 'lost it' with NUFC)

Never mind Blyth, though, Whitley Bay won 1-0 away to Hungerford Town and march into the semis of the FA Vase :razz: