Nufc Vs Brfc

Kid Dynamite

Keegan has to start taking responsibility for the poor results. He is the one who keeps picking Smith,Butt & Barton. He left Zog on the bench along with Martins, God knows whats up with Viduka.

If he continues like this we are fucked

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keegan has to start taking responsibility for the poor results. He is the one who keeps picking Smith,Butt & Barton. He left Zog on the bench along with Martins, God knows whats up with Viduka.

We deserved at least a draw yesterday. At least. On that basis his selection yesterday was alright imo.

We deserved at least a draw yesterday. At least. On that basis his selection yesterday was alright imo.

Viduka - Spat his dummy out big style the whispers go. Prob never play again for us.

Martins - Maybe not ready for 90mins

Zog - Unlucky to be dropped imo. Id have also brought him on for Barton in the centre. Also brought on a little late I think.

I also thought Smith had a better game, his hard work actually being useful. Played the target man well I thought and was unlucky with that header. Overall, I understood the starting lineup, but would prefer to see Barton dropped and Zog starting on the left for Duff or centre for Barton. Martins may start soon or he may continue with Smith. Id prefer Martins and see how he does. Id also like to see Carroll now and again.

I thought Enrique was better than Zog at LB, but he wasnt great like. But Id persist with him.

Enrique can get a bit too comfortable on the ball and get himself into trouble, though to be fair to him he got himself out of it as well. Think he made a good impact yesterday.

Zog should start for Duff, the only real replacement for Barton is Geremi.

Viduka - Spat his dummy out big style the whispers go. Prob never play again for us.

Zog - Unlucky to be dropped imo. Id have also brought him on for Barton in the centre. Also brought on a little late I think.

I also thought Smith had a better game, his hard work actually being useful. Played the target man well I thought and was unlucky with that header. Overall, I understood the starting lineup, but would prefer to see Barton dropped and Zog starting on the left for Duff or centre for Barton. Martins may start soon or he may continue with Smith. Id prefer Martins and see how he does. Id also like to see Carroll now and again.

I thought Enrique was better than Zog at LB, but he wasnt great like. But Id persist with him.

Totally the right decision to put a left back at left back.

Touch and go as to who should start between Zog and Duff. I guess Keegan's thinking is if Zog has said he wants out has he got any reason to fight for the cause? Not the sort of attitude you want in a relegation battle.

tbh it's hard to argue against using Martins when we can't find the back of the net. We don't have the time left to give people games to re-find their shooting form so he gets a game for me. If he's hopeless then he doesn't play the next one. Simple as.

We need a goal out of nowhere at the moment, despite all of his inconsistencies this is the one thing Martins can give, he can make a goal out of nothing.

I thought Enrique played quite well too except I noticed he wasn't covering his man at some important times there was a one where Emerton broke into the box where I thought Jose could have been tighter on him but luckily his pace saved us and he got across. Butt was awful as well mind not just Barton I'm seriously worried about our central midfield, I also thought Taylor was the weak link in defence especially that horrible clearance that fell to Santa Cruz in the box <_< .

I think we should play Zog in the middle because Duff does way more than Barton or Butt but I don't know who we can play alongside him there as they are both playing terrible, seeing Butt decide not to pass to an open Duff and instead turn straight into three Blackburn players on the edge of our box was embarrassing.

Edited by Barton7

Totally the right decision to put a left back at left back.

Touch and go as to who should start between Zog and Duff. I guess Keegan's thinking is if Zog has said he wants out has he got any reason to fight for the cause? Not the sort of attitude you want in a relegation battle.

Aye think you're probably right on that.

Stepping back a bit, it's a sad endictment that we'd have accepted a draw at home to Blackburn but I see (and agree with) where you're coming from.

Owen shouldn't be first choice if he can't hit the back of the net.

Under Allardyce, the complaint was we couldn't create chances for him. His legs were shot so he didn't have the pace to run onto speculative balls forward like he used to. I think he showed yesterday that he can still put himself in scoring positions when we attack as a team, rather than just hoofing it.

Friedal is an immense keeper though, which seems to have been ignored. He didn't put a foot wrong yesterday. Owen will still be unhappy not to have put his chances away, but that'll just make him more hungry if you ask me. He answered a lot of questions about what remains of his ability and he has to start because he's a class above any other striker in the squad.

_44462352_newcastle2.jpg

<_< I'm glad Habib managed to restrain himself from hitting the kid properly as much as I'd have liked to see it it's not worth loosing him for three games. Mind it was our throw in.

_44462352_newcastle2.jpg

<_< I'm glad Habib managed to restrain himself from hitting the kid properly as much as I'd have liked to see it it's not worth loosing him for three games. Mind it was our throw in.

He has done well to get as much in as possible for just a yellow to be fair to him!

And much though you can't condine the players and everyone elses behaviour it all started with a piss poor decision from a linesman who ignored a clear throw in for us and gave it to them which kicked it all off.

Stepping back a bit, it's a sad endictment that we'd have accepted a draw at home to Blackburn but I see (and agree with) where you're coming from.

Martins has been injured too, probably ok for the bench, but not necessarily to start instead of Smith or Owen.

I suspect at the moment the squad is largely picking itself, as it is pretty paper thin in most areas.

Must play Martins now like. He scored goals in a crap team last season so hopefully can do the same again before the season is out.

Enrique has to play leftback. He's no world beater but he's considerably better than any of our other options and it also allows N'Zogbia to play further forward. Either in the centre for Barton or on the left for Duff is fine by me because neither of them deserve a game and his pace combined with Martins could be key in some of the games we have ahead.

Overall though I thought we clearly deserved to win, we made them look worse than us for a lot of the game with only really Friedel and Bentley looking good for them. Their goal should have been disallowed for the blatent obstruction on N'Zogbia right in front of the ref but the worrying thing we are getting no luck at all and that is what tends to happen to the teams that get relegated!

Blackburn face misconduct charge

The Football Association has charged Blackburn Rovers with misconduct.

"Blackburn Rovers have been charged with misconduct for the actions of their players and officials in a match against Newcastle United," said the FA.

The incident which caused the FA to act is a touchline fracas which broke out as Habib Beye and Morten Gamst Pedersen argued over a throw-in.

Blackburn, who won the match 1-0 thanks to a late winner, have until 25 March to respond to the charge.

The FA took action after studying referee Rob Styles' report.

Blackburn face misconduct charge

The Football Association has charged Blackburn Rovers with misconduct.

"Blackburn Rovers have been charged with misconduct for the actions of their players and officials in a match against Newcastle United," said the FA.

The incident which caused the FA to act is a touchline fracas which broke out as Habib Beye and Morten Gamst Pedersen argued over a throw-in.

Blackburn, who won the match 1-0 thanks to a late winner, have until 25 March to respond to the charge.

The FA took action after studying referee Rob Styles' report.

We should, nay, must get the 3 points back.

• 3 months later...
Blackburn fined after player row

Blackburn have been fined and warned as to their future conduct by the Football Association for "failing to control their players".

The charge centred on the reaction of Blackburn players after Rovers winger Morten Gamst Pedersen and Newcastle's Habib Beye clashed over a throw-in.

Rovers have been fined £10,000, £7,500 of which has been suspended until 31 May 2009.

Blackburn won 1-0 in the clash at Newcastle on 1 March.