Tottenham Hotspur 1- 4 Newcastle Utd

Happy Face

Well, I went to my first league game of the season today (not by choice) and sat at the away end with the lads and the missus.

Firsty, WHL's security need to get a fucking grip. If they think they can hoy out two pretty much defenceless old geezers who may have had a beer or 3 because they were standing, and another who questions why they were being ejected, and expect that this is going to get the entire Away stand to sit down, they are fiercely deluded.

The atmosphere was fucking brilliant. Spurs fans truly are awful. Even on the train back to Liverpool Street all I could hear was people saying how the "Geordies outsang us", and how they were "embarassed to be a Spurs fan". And rightfully so.

Harper was fairly solid. I can't halp thinking he really should have saved the first goal though. Faye and Beye were terrific in the air, and Beye's timing was terrific. Enrique was pretty average. I reckon Faye and Taylor are going to become a quality partnership as well even if big Steve has his occasional moments of Brambleness. Barton was very, VERY good and even Geremi had O'Hara shitting himself. If only he had some pace to get past him. The crab was his usual self, fuck me, does he put in some hard challenges. Martins was just electric, and Owen wasn't far behind him, and Viduka is like fucking velcro up front. He works perfectly as the holding striker with Owen and Martins making runs off him.

All in all a cracking day out and a wonderful result.

Only seen it on highlights, but it looked to be pretty much right in the top corner, don't think that many would have got to it.

When I saw it on MOTD I think I said "right at the post, no 'keeper in the world would have saved that"

Did you indeed.... :nufc:

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I went to my first league game of the season today (not by choice) and sat at the away end with the lads and the missus.

Firsty, WHL's security need to get a fucking grip. If they think they can hoy out two pretty much defenceless old geezers who may have had a beer or 3 because they were standing, and another who questions why they were being ejected, and expect that this is going to get the entire Away stand to sit down, they are fiercely deluded.

The atmosphere was fucking brilliant. Spurs fans truly are awful. Even on the train back to Liverpool Street all I could hear was people saying how the "Geordies outsang us", and how they were "embarassed to be a Spurs fan". And rightfully so.

Harper was fairly solid. I can't halp thinking he really should have saved the first goal though. Faye and Beye were terrific in the air, and Beye's timing was terrific. Enrique was pretty average. I reckon Faye and Taylor are going to become a quality partnership as well even if big Steve has his occasional moments of Brambleness. Barton was very, VERY good and even Geremi had O'Hara shitting himself. If only he had some pace to get past him. The crab was his usual self, fuck me, does he put in some hard challenges. Martins was just electric, and Owen wasn't far behind him, and Viduka is like fucking velcro up front. He works perfectly as the holding striker with Owen and Martins making runs off him.

Only seen it on highlights, but it looked to be pretty much right in the top corner, don't think that many would have got to it.

When I saw it on MOTD I think I said "right at the post, no 'keeper in the world would have saved that"

Unless he was stood next to the post.

which would have been a ridiculous place to stand without the benefit of hindsight

which would have been a ridiculous place to stand without the benefit of hindsight

Aye. I was joking like.

I am still on cloud nine after yesterdays brilliant result, every player one hundred percent committed and Barton getting better with every game is a massive plus, unlucky not to be on the scoresheet, the confidance will be really high and Reading must be shitting themselves coming to SJP on Saturday, the atmosphere will be brilliant.

And Clicky

:)

Roflham Lolspurs

:)

It's a bit galling that part of the reason they find it so funny is that we're still considered a joke of a club.

Meh, it's always better to be considered the underdog, makes it much more humiliating when you cream them. :blink: