Newcastle vs Reading 3pm Kick Off

Guest BigThompers

Match thread...

Twenty past two and you're predictably in your Durham postcode, have you ever even been?

I think Coppell must be having a laugh when he said they didn't deserve to be losing at half time, they had two half chances and that was it.

Not very often I post my thoughts on a Saturday night in complete sobriety but here goes. The confidence is clearly flowing through the side now, Edgar didn't look out of place, Beye's pass was sublime, Geremi can actually cross the ball, but for me I think Jose Enrique encapsulates Sam Allardyce's Newcastle, and Keegan's Newcastle. Under Allardyce, he was clearly restricted, nervous, inhibited, scared of making a mistake. With Keegan he gets it, he plays with freedom, his passing is superb, he's comfortable on the ball, and he has immense strength, During Fat Sam's reign we saw nothing of this. He was a young lad, moving to a new country in and out the team replaced by someone who isn't even a natural defender, bollocked by his manager in public at some games, in a sterile system, with a team that looked shit. No wonder his confidence was shot, he must've thought I bet these fans think am shite. The real Enrique is coming through now, and I'm absolutely convinced the 6m will be worth it. To all people who still defend Sam, you're wanks.

Fucking hell :lol:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality post match comment from Keegan on MOTD, along the lines of "the front three are great, all a threat plus they take the pressure of the defence, if the opposition score one we might score two".

It's as if he never left. :lol:

Guest BigThompers
Match thread...

Twenty past two and you're predictably in your Durham postcode, have you ever even been?

I think Coppell must be having a laugh when he said they didn't deserve to be losing at half time, they had two half chances and that was it.

Not very often I post my thoughts on a Saturday night in complete sobriety but here goes. The confidence is clearly flowing through the side now, Edgar didn't look out of place, Beye's pass was sublime, Geremi can actually cross the ball, but for me I think Jose Enrique encapsulates Sam Allardyce's Newcastle, and Keegan's Newcastle. Under Allardyce, he was clearly restricted, nervous, inhibited, scared of making a mistake. With Keegan he gets it, he plays with freedom, his passing is superb, he's comfortable on the ball, and he has immense strength, During Fat Sam's reign we saw nothing of this. He was a young lad, moving to a new country in and out the team replaced by someone who isn't even a natural defender, bollocked by his manager in public at some games, in a sterile system, with a team that looked shit. No wonder his confidence was shot, he must've thought I bet these fans think am shite. The real Enrique is coming through now, and I'm absolutely convinced the 6m will be worth it. To all people who still defend Sam, you're wanks.

Whereas you'd have been at St James, nicking the dustcaps off of all of the supporters cars whilst they watched the game. Chav prick.

In truth, Reading had the better of large portions of the first half as a defence missing Steven Taylor, who was ruled out just before kick-off with a stomach bug, looked shaky in the face of a concerted onslaught from the Royals.

http://www.football365.com/report/0,17033,...3388626,00.html

Am I wearing rose tinted specs in thinking this is complete horse shit?

In truth, Reading had the better of large portions of the first half as a defence missing Steven Taylor, who was ruled out just before kick-off with a stomach bug, looked shaky in the face of a concerted onslaught from the Royals.

Good enough for your rose garden.

They might of had a bit of possession, but they were about as threatening as wacky around snow white.

Cracking performance and result, even watched it twice on football first lol, not as good as the spurs game but still very happy, i couldnt imagine us playing like this under fat Sam, happy days.

I think .com had a bit of celebratory ale before updating the site...

Owen's first career goal against the Royals made it foiur in a rwo in the league - the first achieved by a Newcastle player since Alan Shearer in Nov/Dec 2003.

:lol:

They want to get rid of the bloke that wrote that, I've no clue what game all these people that thought Reading were actually in the game were watching we completely played them off the park.

They did have quite a bit of posession early on and personally I thought they looked the better team for the first twenty minutes or so with Hunt looking threatening.

They died off after that though and never tested Harper at all (or looked like getting near to him tbf).

We always looked like we had more in the tank and had we pushed on after Viduka's goal we could have easily scored more.

There was never at any stage anything like an onslaught from Reading though, the only had one shot on target the whole game and that was timid at best.

They did have quite a bit of posession early on and personally I thought they looked the better team for the first twenty minutes or so with Hunt looking threatening.

They died off after that though and never tested Harper at all (or looked like getting near to him tbf).

We always looked like we had more in the tank and had we pushed on after Viduka's goal we could have easily scored more.

There was never at any stage anything like an onslaught from Reading though, the only had one shot on target the whole game and that was timid at best.

This fella seems to have actually made it to the match yesterday...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...6/sfgnew106.xml

Edgar seemed a little edgy to begin with but settled down to give a good performance.

Barton looked like a footballer and both full backs were excellent.

Reading had their chances in the first half, but there was never any suggestion that yesterday would end in anything other than an easy home win.

says it all really.

also, further down the report it says after the third it was exhibition time. This is another difference between this side and the Newcastle we've seen for the past couple of years. We're not ever satisfied with the number of goals we've scored. We've been content to sit on a 1-0 lead and defend, but not now, now the biggest joy seems to come from scoring a goal. :lol:

Edited by The Fish