Steven Taylor

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
STEVEN TAYLOR has signed a new three-year deal with Newcastle United after a long running saga was finally ended this afternoon.

The Chronicle revealed on June 25 that Taylor had thrashed out a new deal but the final touches were agreed today.

The 22-year-old Academy product's new deal is worth £35,000 per week and the news will be music to the ears of most United fans who didn't want to see the England Under-21 captain quit the club.

Taylor made his debut for United in the 3-0 away win against Real Mallorca in the UEFA Cup in 2004 and has since been a regular in the squad.

Taylor told the Chronicle: “Everyone knows I love this club and want to commit my future here, but the deal has to be right for me, and the club."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcas...72703-21264319/

Steven Taylor signs three-year contract

Jul 4 2008 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Steven Taylor

STEVEN TAYLOR has signed a new three-year deal with Newcastle United after a long running saga was finally ended this afternoon.

The Chronicle revealed on June 25 that Taylor had thrashed out a new deal but the final touches were agreed today.

The 22-year-old Academy product's new deal is worth £35,000 per week and the news will be music to the ears of most United fans who didn't want to see the England Under-21 captain quit the club.

Taylor made his debut for United in the 3-0 away win against Real Mallorca in the UEFA Cup in 2004 and has since been a regular in the squad.

Taylor told the Chronicle: “Everyone knows I love this club and want to commit my future here, but the deal has to be right for me, and the club."

Merged.

still messy though, why couldn't you have just deleted the new thread? admittedly all evidence of me trying to tell you how to do your job would then my gone forever, but a price worth paying.

B)

Nice contradiction in one paragraph.

Probably meant "former" under 21 captain, given that he's 22 and was omitted from recent squads.

A £5.5M deal? Probably about fair.

Good news i suspect he will get better and better with each passing season...............i hope lol.

Why break the habit of a lifetime though?

Poor Mans Michael Dawson.

Other way round tbh nice wind up attempt though

meh, you're right.

Either way they are both pretty average.