The Official Transfer Thread

Guest Stevie

Guest Stevie

Jist of it is and this is consistent with what I was told. His agent was here yesterday negotiating terms, and we flew him back to Zagreb by private jet, where Modric has to decide sharpish.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great player like, I would love for him to play for us. Nee offence Stevie but I'll be skeptical until he signs as I am with any player who gets mentioned, good to hear him mentioned though.

I doubt he'd stay for more than a season or two, but I don't mind us being his stepping stone to greater things in exchange for the possibility that he might just help us to a high enough level that he'd want to stay.

I doubt he'd stay for more than a season or two, but I don't mind us being his stepping stone to greater things in exchange for the possibility that he might just help us to a high enough level that he'd want to stay.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ :blink:

is he any relation to viduka(half cousin) ? or was i just hearing shite .

According to Wikipedia hes a "second cousin" of viduka

Edited by bawan

you sure about that ? i know he's of croation decent , and played for the same team modrik does

whoaa got ya edit in their quick like didnt you :blink:

well there we go then , get him telt mark !

Edited by Hadrian

you sure about that ? i know he's of croation decent , and played for the same team modrik does

Viduka and his wife, Ivana, have two sons: Joseph (born 2002) and Lucas (born September 2006). He is a second cousin of Croatian international Luka Modrić; Viduka's father and Modrić's mother are first cousins.

All we need to tell me is that Geordie birds love footballers. Thats the only way the ugly fucker will get a shag. :blink:

Dyer and Bramble saw more minge than a bog seat, he'll have no bother

Some chap on N-O believes we've offered a low starting wage which is a stumbling block.

our wage structure must be donald ducked , if they are not giving modrik a decent wage cos of the likes of milner and tayls ill be pretty pissed . modrik deserves a finished article weekly wage .

Guest Patrokles
Some chap on N-O believes we've offered a low starting wage which is a stumbling block.

our wage structure must be donald ducked , if they are not giving modrik a decent wage cos of the likes of milner and tayls ill be pretty pissed . modrik deserves a finished article weekly wage .

He's probably looked at what we've allegedly offered Martins and demanded 300k a week.

My Croatian mate basically confirms that the story says Newcastle had sent a private plane to Zagreb for Modric and his agent.

He gives the story a credibility of 10% as he says according to the media in Croatia Modric already got sold to Arsenal, Barcelona, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham amongst others. The story appearing in several different Croatian is raising hope for me though...

Standard procedure, start low and increase as required

He's probably looked at what we've allegedly offered Martins and demanded 300k a week.

martins thing doesnt look good like , and im not sure if i belive it all , seems more like a gentle shove from his agent than owt else .

but , i wouldnt like to compare a wage offer for a player who's had a couple of seasons in the prem with us , to one comming in from a weaker foreign league .

its the duff's, smiths , emre's thats holding us back , all must be sitting pretty on 50k+ pw ,

i think keegan should be allowed to get more hands on with the wage budget (thats if he isnt) , he's not daft and extremely ruthless when it comes to putting our best interests first , he'll have the squad cleared in no time , thats not if he's gonna do it anyway .

we cant survive if our weekly salary is 70% of income , speaking of which , gonna be a few cheap players out of west ham this summer we could grab .

According to my friend the only credible news sources from Croatia are sportnet.hr and sportske-novosti.hr who rarely print pure fiction as most others (especially sportal.hr and index.hr) and who have been very coy to write anything about Modric in recent weeks. If the rumour has legs these sites are probably to look at.

"Istina je da je došao njihov privatni zrakoplov, da su bili u Newcastleu i da se razgovaralo, ali to je sve što vam ja mogu reći, znate kako to ide", komentirao je za Net.hr glasnogovornik maksimirskog kluba Ado Kožul.

translated it goes something like this:

" It's true that their private airplane had picked them up (Modric's agents), that they were in Newcastle and talks were held, but that's all I can say, you know the procedure."

Those are words of Ado Kozul, Dinamo's spokesman.

According to someone on N-O :blink:

"Istina je da je došao njihov privatni zrakoplov, da su bili u Newcastleu i da se razgovaralo, ali to je sve što vam ja mogu reći, znate kako to ide", komentirao je za Net.hr glasnogovornik maksimirskog kluba Ado Kožul.

translated it goes something like this:

" It's true that their private airplane had picked them up (Modric's agents), that they were in Newcastle and talks were held, but that's all I can say, you know the procedure."

Those are words of Ado Kozul, Dinamo's spokesman.

According to someone on N-O :P

Their translation site must be better than the one i used.....

Truth is that came their personal airplane , yes we do have been bili into a Newcastleu and that does interview , limit this had that everything you I can to tell , considerable of how this is going , comment out had for Net.hr spokesman maksimirskog club Ado Sheepskin coat

:blink: