The Official Transfer Thread

Guest Stevie

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah well. To be honest I didn't even have much of a clue who he was prior to this thread. There'll be others wanting to join the Kevolution.

As for him picking Spurs over us - firstly I can fully understand it, but more importantly I honestly couldn't give a fuck.

Ah well. To be honest I didn't even have much of a clue who he was prior to this thread. There'll be others wanting to join the Kevolution.

As for him picking Spurs over us - firstly I can fully understand it, but more importantly I honestly couldn't give a fuck.

Yup and yup.

It's a shitter that we've lost out on him to a team who are around us, if it had been a real top team it would be to be expected but you still can't be surprised to lose him to a team playing in Europe and based in London.

I must say though that while I've seen very little of him, due to his size and where he's coming from I have doubts over how well he will adapt to the premier league but we will have to just wait and see.

Still I'm very happy that this is the calibre of player we are going for and I guess it will have to be on to Arshavin next eh?

It's a shitter that we've lost out on him to a team who are around us, if it had been a real top team it would be to be expected but you still can't be surprised to lose him to a team playing in Europe and based in London.

I must say though that while I've seen very little of him, due to his size and where he's coming from I have doubts over how well he will adapt to the premier league but we will have to just wait and see.

Still I'm very happy that this is the calibre of player we are going for and I guess it will have to be on to Arshavin next eh?

Rebrov, Rebrov, Rebrov!!! :D

A little gutted, but not arsed with a player who needs to think on who he should play for & where the better prospects lay & chooses Tottenham...!

There's a lot of players out there in Europe who have watched the Premiership for years and know all about Keegan, Newcaslte & how we've been doing of late, so I wouldn't lose any sleep over this bloke.

I'm confident we'll bring in the right players at the right time.

As I said on N-O, there's nee point in dwelling on it.

It was pie in the sky stuff anyway and at least it shows the ambition of the current board to go out and get the best players, not just the biggest names. Plus we get to rib Stevie again for his shit predictions :D

Not sure if you mean we've signed loads of big names who are shit, or haven't signed any of the best players anyway.

Either way, players such as Shearer, Ferdinand, Woodgate, Ginola, Hamman, and Owen to name a few show thats bollocks

In the end, we were pipped by Spurs, again, just like Woodgate

Unfortunately I suspect is this something to get used to (again) over the summer.

chose Spurs because they are in London, in europe, or pay the going rate.

Any of these or a combination of all 3

Unfortunately I suspect is this something to get used to (again) over the summer.

chose Spurs because they are in London, in europe, or pay the going rate.

Any of these or a combination of all 3

This is often the way and why we must always pay over the odds (and often get stung with a player on high wages who wont leave).

Players want a number of things (often, not always).

a. CL Football

b. Bright lights of London

c. Uefa football

d. Money

As we can't offer any of a, b, or c at the moment we need to offer enough of d to make up for it. Just depends how badly the player values abc over d or of course if another club offering abc is in for him. This is the reality. I think we need to get used to the fact that we wont be attracting the big players until we push up the table. However, if we can find some young players who have the potential to become bigger players then even better.

I'm absolutely gutted. Apologies that he didn't sign, but I was only telling you what I was told, if I get any more tip offs I'll keep them to myself. We've been gazumped, I read somewhere last night the yids were waiting to see what our bid was, and they'd up it by 2m whatever it was, and that greedy bastard warload chairman of Zagreb, snapped their hands off. Am fuckin gutted cos he is a good player, but he's no better than Krancjar who Pompey got for 3m, I think 21m or whatever it is, is fucking loads for someone who has shown glimpses for his country, but aside from that has only done it consistently in a league inferior to the SPL. I mean 21m is a Torres type fee. I hope he has Dyer type luck with his injuries. Bitter? Too right.

:D

Stop lying.

Awesome signing for Spurs like imo. Hope I'm wrong, obviously.

You seen him play much?

Not a lot in all honesty. He's looked the part in the 3 or so times I've seen him though.

If Modric was in Toon on tues, it looks like he was hear to talk to Ashleys London bum chums from spurs, not the Newcastle "scouting team".

All this Ashley/Kemesley crap is starting to look a bit suspect. :D

Edited by ULSTER MAG

Awesome signing for Spurs like imo. Hope I'm wrong, obviously.

You seen him play much?

Not a lot in all honesty. He's looked the part in the 3 or so times I've seen him though.

World class then in Kids Online terms

not fucking good enough from our lahndan boys , sounds like we didnt offer enough

you sure its US with the billionare owner?

Christ on a fucking bicycle :D

Get a grip, knobhead.

not fucking good enough from our lahndan boys , sounds like we didnt offer enough

Get a grip, knobhead.

knobhead?

im getting slagged of by someone younger than my son here ? or just someone with half a brain ?

Get a grip, knobhead.

knobhead?

im getting slagged of by someone younger than my son here ? or just someone with half a brain ?

You're acting like a prat. There was always a fair chance that he'd not come here and we were just being used to drive up the price. In the end it looks like we made an bloody good offer but Spuds were willing to throw a couple of million more at him and thus got him. Lets just move on, there are plenty more players out there who will drag our side up to the next level - Arshavin being one.