It's time to grovel, Keegan

Hadrian

KEVIN KEEGAN will be expected to grovel in an explosive High Noon showdown with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley today.

An infuriated Ashley will demand the Toon coach:

Shuts up — or ships out.

Apologises for recent remarks.

Pledges loyalty to the club.

Accepts the terms on which he was offered the job.

Accepts Dennis Wise is responsible for identifying new players.

An insider said: “Keegan will be read the riot act. If he threatens to resign or tries any of his walking-out tricks, it’ll be all over.”

Ashley was steaming with Keegan for claiming Newcastle do not have the money to break into the Premier League’s top four.

But the comment which infuriated him most was that Keegan had a great relationship with the owner — because he never talked to him.

Our insider added: “Ashley took that as a personal insult and expects an apology.”

The two come together in London today along with executive director Wise, vice-president Tony Jimenez and chairman Chris Mort.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle1143197.ece

make's me sick this kind of reporting , dare i say a new low for the sun and nufc, but then again probably not .

if keegan even considered any of those supposed demands id be insulted , question his loyalty to us ?

ashley wouldnt be so stupid and he definately doesnt seem the type of guy they are making him out tobe .

they have really ran with this story then ehh , sven has hardly got a sniff with nufc having something to write about , they love to hate us .

Edited by Hadrian

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

managers should always be the person responsible for identifying new players , wise should just be here to help scout them .

Ideally yes but these days with the scope of scouting and contract issues it isn't as easy as it used to be for one man to take care of it all. I agree totally with the spirit of what you are saying however.

managers should always be the person responsible for identifying new players , wise should just be here to help scout them .

Ideally yes but these days with the scope of scouting and contract issues it isn't as easy as it used to be for one man to take care of it all. I agree totally with the spirit of what you are saying however.

yeah i agree with that aswell , when your first team is sorted . it would be great if he could find all these star players , once kev's got the first team the way he wants it .

this will never be his team if not , how can he ever be properly judged ? wise shouldnt be looking at anything over the age of 21 .

Edited by Hadrian

An insider told me recently that all is well in the NUFC camp. The players believe in Keegan and the spirit in the training ground is second to none.

Saying that a ''Toon Source'' told me a few interesting things recently. It seems after recent developments both Ashley and Keegan have been developing a strong relationship and they both appear to be staying at St.James Park in the long run which could even seen Keegan move up stairs after his current contract.

However ''allegedly'' Ashley will break the bank this summer as he believes Keegan is the man to break the top four. A close friend of Keegan's told the Daily Whale, ''The players are just queing up and it seems we will see a new era at St.James Park...

ETC. ETC.

An insider told me recently that all is well in the NUFC camp. The players believe in Keegan and the spirit in the training ground is second to none.

Saying that a ''Toon Source'' told me a few interesting things recently. It seems after recent developments both Ashley and Keegan have been developing a strong relationship and they both appear to be staying at St.James Park in the long run which could even seen Keegan move up stairs after his current contract.

However ''allegedly'' Ashley will break the bank this summer as he believes Keegan is the man to break the top four. A close friend of Keegan's told the Daily Whale, ''The players are just queing up and it seems we will see a new era at St.James Park...

ETC. ETC.

but that's no fun at all

everyone knows negative stories generate more interest, people are fucked up like that

Edited by Andrew

The only time I read the sports press is on a Monday morning after we've won. I can't help thinking that some of you would have significantly lower blood pressure if you did likewise.

Even if all this shite is true am I the only person who thinks that it's no big deal that Keegan and Ashley don't speak often? I could understand if he was more hands on but Mort is the chairman. I doubt Fergie is constantly in Glazers ear or Grant in Abramovichs.

KEVIN KEEGAN will be expected to grovel in an explosive High Noon showdown with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley today.

An infuriated Ashley will demand the Toon coach:

Shuts up — or ships out.

Apologises for recent remarks.

Pledges loyalty to the club.

Accepts the terms on which he was offered the job.

Accepts Dennis Wise is responsible for identifying new players.

An insider said: “Keegan will be read the riot act. If he threatens to resign or tries any of his walking-out tricks, it’ll be all over.”

Ashley was steaming with Keegan for claiming Newcastle do not have the money to break into the Premier League’s top four.

But the comment which infuriated him most was that Keegan had a great relationship with the owner — because he never talked to him.

Our insider added: “Ashley took that as a personal insult and expects an apology.”

The two come together in London today along with executive director Wise, vice-president Tony Jimenez and chairman Chris Mort.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle1143197.ece

make's me sick this kind of reporting , dare i say a new low for the sun and nufc, but then again probably not .

if keegan even considered any of those supposed demands id be insulted , question his loyalty to us ?

ashley wouldnt be so stupid and he definately doesnt seem the type of guy they are making him out tobe .

they have really ran with this story then ehh , sven has hardly got a sniff with nufc having something to write about , they love to hate us .

Custis yet again, Allardyce's big mate. No doubt Shepherd's fuelling it at times too

ETC. ETC.

Yup (sells some papers).

Why?

Why does all the media enjoy stiring shite and bollocks up for our fucking club?

I`d say it`s because it`s so easy to do. Most of it is down to the shambolic way the club has been run which makes it an easy target for such vultures.

Clash of the insiders...

No crisis for Keegan as he prepares for future

May 9 2008 by Mark Douglas, The Journal

Kevin Keegan

NEWCASTLE United manager Kevin Keegan heads for today’s meeting with owner Mike Ashley adamant that he will remain at St James’s Park for at least the duration of his three-year contract.

The United manager ends another eventful week with an impromptu summit with Ashley in London aimed at mapping out a big summer for the club in terms of player recruitment and retention.

But far from the crisis talks that they were portrayed as by some yesterday the subject of the manager’s future at St James’s Park will not be on the agenda – and stepping down is the last thing on the mind of a bullish Keegan who continues to insist the club is on the verge of “exciting times”.

The Journal was contacted by a senior member of the United hierarchy last night and has been assured this morning’s get-together is “not a crisis meeting.”

Rather than discuss the manager’s position, the intention is to inform Keegan of the size of the transfer budget at his disposal this summer and to confirm that contract negotiations with key players such as Michael Owen and Steven Taylor will begin in the next few days.

With executive director (football) Dennis Wise also present at the talks – organised to ensure Keegan remains part of the recruitment process – in London, a list of targets will be finalised and a plan put in place to try to secure them with several bids already lined up.

It is also understood that Keegan will not be asked to explain the comments he made immediately after the 2-0 defeat by Chelsea last weekend when he argued Newcastle would not qualify for the Champions League in the next three years. Keegan refused to go into detail about the agenda for the meeting when he faced the media yesterday but privately the manager is relaxed about the prospect of a rare face-to-face with the billionaire businessman who appointed him at the turn of the year.

That news is likely to soothe the worst fears of the United faithful, as is the fact that Keegan is already looking to the future of a club that he has little chance to re-model since he was appointed as Sam Allardyce’s successor.

While Keegan might have painted a bleak picture when discussing his team’s chances of breaking into the top four, he has insisted that his passion for the sizeable task ahead remains undimmed.

“I’ve got three years (of my contract). I am looking forward to the next three years – at least,” Keegan said.

And asked whether not being able to break into the top four had taken away his enjoyment of the job, the Newcastle United manager insisted it had not. “The challenge is there for all of us. It’s a great, you know, it hasn’t taken anything away for me despite reading stuff to the contrary,” he said.

“I think we have exciting times ahead. If you don’t like a challenge you can’t be in football. But if you are a light-welterweight, you don’t say you are going to win the heavyweight championship of the world. You know we have to build our muscles up first.”

Keegan’s reflections on his first few months since returning also betray his long-term view of the job ahead.

“For me, I have really enjoyed coming back to the club I love. I am surprised how it has moved on. It’s fantastic, the training ground, you can see money being spent on new pitches because the investment was not put in last year,” he said.

“So lots of things are very positive about this club and a few little negative things from different areas but you take half of them with a pinch of salt. From where I sit, it is almost laughable.”

Meanwhile, the manager dismissed reports linking him with West Brom’s out-of-contract midfielder Zoltan Gera and insisted that the club’s recruitment drive was continuing in earnest after missing out to Tottenham in the chase for Croatia midfield star Luka Modric.

Why?

Why does all the media enjoy stiring shite and bollocks up for our fucking club?

I`d say it`s because it`s so easy to do. Most of it is down to the shambolic way the club has been run which makes it an easy target for such vultures.

Now, with regards to Bowyer & Dyer scrapping etc I would agree.

But we cant talk about board room tiffs can we because then we would have to involve other clubs in that wouldnt we?