Students

Guest alex

tata off for a Proctorial, then cheap meal somewhere, then cheap cinema

42357[/snapback]

What does this mean, is someone going to stick a camera up your arse? :lol:

42373[/snapback]

Tutorials are chaired by a Tutor

Proctorials are chaired by a Proctor

they "David-Dimbleby" the session, bascially getting we budding Philosophy students back on track and away from discussing that new scarf we saw in Topman or airkissing for the entire hour

42850[/snapback]

What a load of bollocks tbh. Give people some grandiose title so they can feel more important.

42890[/snapback]

Aye. Doesnt explain what a proctor is either. :huh:

42894[/snapback]

It means an examination invigilator normally. Don't see what that's got to do with David Dimbleby myself tbh.

I can just see GF and all his right on mates spouting a load of bollocks in their once weekly philosophy proctorial.... :D

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, I thought GF was two years into a Psychology course, rather than a Philosophy one. Still pretty much amounts to 'Do you want fries with that?' upon graduation.

Anyway, I thought GF was two years into a Psychology course, rather than a Philosophy one. Still pretty much amounts to 'Do you want fries with that?' upon graduation.

42917[/snapback]

True but at least he'll be able to tell us why they want fries. :lol:

42917[/snapback]

True but at least he'll be able to tell us why they want fries. :lol:

42918[/snapback]

:huh:

Being a student is quality, in my second year at Sheffield and having a great time mostly. Broke up with the mrs of 2 years the other day though so a bit miserable at the minute, its been coming though so I expected it.

If you don't like students, go and live in the countryside ;) Miserable sods!

I hate non-students

I saw one on the street, he was holding out his hand and begging for money. He stank of old beer and biscuits. I saw another group of non-students who were standing at a bus-stop hurling abuse at passers by, even those of their own non-student persuasion.

I'd rather 20 knobhead students then 20 knobhead chavvy cockends.

and alex you're allowed to study two things at once you know, it's called an elective... see if you'd bothered getting an education instead of being a miserly old fuck before your time, you may have learnt a thing or two

(if you guys can over-generalise so can I ;) )

I hate non-students

I saw one on the street, he was holding out his hand and begging for money. He stank of old beer and biscuits. I saw another group of non-students who were standing at a bus-stop hurling abuse at passers by, even those of their own non-student persuasion.

and alex you're allowed to study two things at once you know, it's called an elective... see if you'd bothered getting an education instead of being a miserly old fuck before your time, you may have learnt a thing or two

43638[/snapback]

Fair point really.

Fair point really.

43639[/snapback]

that's what comes from a 9.00 lecture on reason and argument ;)

except when the American Lecturer plays Shania Twain while he waits for everyone to get in and get settled. ;)

I hate non-students

43638[/snapback]

Students are cock-ends. Fair point I reckon :blush:

;)

Students are cock-ends. Fair point I reckon ;)

;)

43665[/snapback]

Particularly those who have the fucking nerve to call those earning a living and paying taxes 'lazy'.......

Students are cock-ends. Fair point I reckon :blush:

;)

43665[/snapback]

Particularly those who have the fucking nerve to call those earning a living and paying taxes 'lazy'.......

43668[/snapback]

ah yes cos I've never worked a day in my life have I?

I expend more effort at University than I have done anywhere else, everything from shelf stacking, bar-work, call centre and general admin!

but of course non-students think we spend all day watching trisha and smoking josticks

cos they're all working 38hrs a day, 8 days a week down 't' mill, and pay 't' mill owner f' t' privilege.

oh .... no.... wait... they spend their entire day faffing about on t'interweb casting calumnies about those of us who went to Uni.

my that's a pretty glass house you've got there Craig ;)

hey spend their entire day faffing about on t'interweb casting calumnies about those of us who went to Uni.

Having been a student I've first-hand knowledge of what it's like....

38 hours a day?? Think you need to start picking up a book amd learning something GF - obviously spent far too much time in the union bar!

Expend more effort at Uni than you have done anywhere else?? Fuck me, you're in for one big shock... ;)

BTW - what are josticks?? ;)

I liked being a student, the lifestyle was nice and relaxed and I seemed to have more money then that I have now, less bills and being paid cash in hand for my job. However, the amount of knackers trying too hard seems to be getting bigger every year. Like Goths, why do they have to shout in strange voices at each other when they're standing yards from each other?

Edited by sweetleftpeg

43700[/snapback]

Incense sticks, Not that I burn em or owt..

43707[/snapback]

How can Craig have been a student and not know what a joss stick is? ;)

43708[/snapback]

I know what a joss stick is, but that is something you burn, not smoke....

I wanted to know what our 'university educated' GF thought a jostick was! :blush:

43700[/snapback]

Incense sticks, Not that I burn em or owt..

43707[/snapback]

How can Craig have been a student and not know what a joss stick is? ;)

43708[/snapback]

I know what a joss stick is, but that is something you burn, not smoke....

I wanted to know what our 'university educated' GF thought a jostick was! :blush:

43712[/snapback]

Aye, they would knack your lungs I suppose. :blush:

And GF's spelling is shocking - he's obviously not doing an English module.