Tatoos

Holden McGroin

They are everywhere these days. I can remember a time when employers didn't allow them to be shown & bouncers wouldn't let you in if you had any visible.

Now people get them where you cant really cover up and employers don't seem to be that bothered.

The Royal Mail guy turns up at our office for collections with neck and wrist tattoos.

Whats happened to the world???

Edit: Sorry, tattoo is incorrectly spelled in the title :yes

Edited by Holden McGroin

i still think numptys get tattoos below the elbow and above the neck line. Some bars still wont let you in and I dont think a big black tribal squiggle is going to endear you to any prospective employer at an interview.

One of the lads I went to school with fancies himself as a bit of a punk and has a big tattoo on his neck. Reckons hes giving it to 'the man' as no-one will employ him anymore!!! Sure hel be living the dream on his dole money

my dad has a couple and always gets funny looks for some reason

scanpix_tattoo_06_wenn1323529.jpg

Hard to find a lass without her very own "tramp stamp" at the base of her spine these days. Not a big fan really...though if the tattoo is quite ornate I suppose it could provide useful distraction whilst pummelling away at her rump. :icon_lol:

Tattoos are for scum.

:icon_lol:

I think they are more acceptable, but I still would never show any of mine when Im with a customer, same as Id never get any on the forearm etc. Mind, I dont think people should have ear/nose/brow rings in either when dealing with customers. I dont mind any of those things, just dont find them appropriate for my work.

The tattoo debate has been done to death and this comment above is typical of narrow minded folks alike. Each to their own in my opinion.

Many tattoos are very tasteful and artistic, especially tribute tattoos, ok anchors, bluebirds and tribal pasterns are very naff but I think its an ill informed generalisation to say that all tattoos are shit.

like some, hate others, it's entirely subjective.

Don't think they're appropriate for most types of work though.

Tattoos are for scum.

I think they are more acceptable, but I still would never show any of mine when Im with a customer, same as Id never get any on the forearm etc. Mind, I dont think people should have ear/nose/brow rings in either when dealing with customers. I dont mind any of those things, just dont find them appropriate for my work.

The tattoo debate has been done to death and this comment above is typical of narrow minded folks alike. Each to their own in my opinion.

Of course. Do whatever you want. It is your body, after all.

I have, however, noticed that the majority of people with tattoos fall into the 'scum' category.

Tattoos are for scum.

:P

I have, however, noticed that the majority of people with tattoos fall into the 'scum' category.

:icon_lol: fuckwit

Hard to find a lass without her very own "tramp stamp" at the base of her spine these days. Not a big fan really...though if the tattoo is quite ornate I suppose it could provide useful distraction whilst pummelling away at her rump. :P

I wonder what goes though the heads of some people like that:

"hmm..... I'm fat and ugly..... I could either stop living on chips and lager and go to the gym, or fix it all with a tattoo....." :icon_lol:

Hard to find a lass without her very own "tramp stamp" at the base of her spine these days. Not a big fan really...though if the tattoo is quite ornate I suppose it could provide useful distraction whilst pummelling away at her rump. :P

"hmm..... I'm fat and ugly..... I could either stop living on chips and lager and go to the gym, or fix it all with a tattoo....." :P

Generally speaking, I think tattoos are awful. They seem to be the must have fashion accessary of the moment and people just want to be tattooed rather than having something special that they want tattooed. A star? Yes, please, that means a lot to me and will forever because stars are, like, forever and stuff.

One guy I used to work with had murals above the elbow on each arm. One was a scene of Egypt that looked really cool but, like I said, most are awful. I knew someone who had spider webs on his elbow ffs.

I knew someone who had spider webs on his elbow ffs.

Me too. It looks fucking awful. :P The same lad also has a load of ridiculous cartoons on both arms including a coffin :icon_lol: , the word "Libertine" and best of all... </3

Brilliant.....

Same lad keeps getting KB'd from jobs, interestingly enough..

Tattoos are for scum.

:P

:icon_lol: thats such bollocks. Still, its what you've noticed. Maybe its the circles you stride .....

Hard to find a lass without her very own "tramp stamp" at the base of her spine these days. Not a big fan really...though if the tattoo is quite ornate I suppose it could provide useful distraction whilst pummelling away at her rump. :hump:

"hmm..... I'm fat and ugly..... I could either stop living on chips and lager and go to the gym, or fix it all with a tattoo....." :P

Generally speaking, I think tattoos are awful. They seem to be the must have fashion accessary of the moment and people just want to be tattooed rather than having something special that they want tattooed. A star? Yes, please, that means a lot to me and will forever because stars are, like, forever and stuff.

One guy I used to work with had murals above the elbow on each arm. One was a scene of Egypt that looked really cool but, like I said, most are awful. I knew someone who had spider webs on his elbow ffs.

Some people do suit the right tattoos.

The problem is a lot of tattoos just look awful on anyone, and those that might look ok on the right person and in the right place invariably aren't.

A friend of mine got a sort of skeletal pirate done when he was young.... problem was it didn't look "cool" and "menacing", it looked like an even more comic and camp version of Skeletor. :P

Hard to find a lass without her very own "tramp stamp" at the base of her spine these days. Not a big fan really...though if the tattoo is quite ornate I suppose it could provide useful distraction whilst pummelling away at her rump. :hump:

The problem is a lot of tattoos just look awful on anyone, and those that might look ok on the right person and in the right place invariably aren't.

A friend of mine got a sort of skeletal pirate done when he was young.... problem was it didn't look "cool" and "menacing", it looked like an even more comic and camp version of Skeletor. :P

:hump:"It seemed a good idea at the time, but now I have to live with this ridiculous body-art for the rest of my life..."

Hard to find a lass without her very own "tramp stamp" at the base of her spine these days. Not a big fan really...though if the tattoo is quite ornate I suppose it could provide useful distraction whilst pummelling away at her rump. :icon_lol:

:hump:"It seemed a good idea at the time, but now I have to live with this ridiculous body-art for the rest of my life..."

It's the pretending that you think it's fine that must be the hard part. :hump:

As Ossie say's

The difference between those people who are tattoed and those who are not is......

those who are do not care if you are not :icon_lol:

Now fuck off :P

As Ossie say's

The difference between those people who are tattoed and those who are not is......

those who are do not care if you are not :icon_lol:

Now fuck off :P

Amen to that. Mind Ossie was/is a shit tattoo artist.