Newcastle Sign Fabricio Coloccini: Deportive Website States

Ketsbaia

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Argentina Olympic football squad:

Goalkeeper: Oscar Ustari (Getafe-Spain) and Sergio Romero (Az Alkmaar- Holland)

Defenders: Pablo Zabaleta (Espanyol-Spain), Ezequiel Garay (Racing de Santander-Sapin), Fabricio Coloccini (Deportivo la Coruna-Spain) Federico Fazio (Sevilla-Spain) and Fabian Monzon (Doca Juniros-Argentina)

Midfilder: Fernando Gago (Real Madrid-Spian, Ever Banega (Valencia-Spain), Javier Mascherano (Liverpool-England), Juan Ramon Riquelme (Boca Juniors-Argentina) and Jose Sosa (Bayern Munich-Germany)

Forwards: Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid-Spain), Lionel Messi (Barcelona-Spain) and Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli-Italy).

The Argentina Olympic football squad:

Goalkeeper: Oscar Ustari (Getafe-Spain) and Sergio Romero (Az Alkmaar- Holland)

Defenders: Pablo Zabaleta (Espanyol-Spain), Ezequiel Garay (Racing de Santander-Sapin), Fabricio Coloccini (Deportivo la Coruna-Spain) Federico Fazio (Sevilla-Spain) and Fabian Monzon (Doca Juniros-Argentina)

Midfilder: Fernando Gago (Real Madrid-Spian, Ever Banega (Valencia-Spain), Javier Mascherano (Liverpool-England), Juan Ramon Riquelme (Boca Juniors-Argentina) and Jose Sosa (Bayern Munich-Germany)

Forwards: Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid-Spain), Lionel Messi (Barcelona-Spain) and Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli-Italy).

If hes signed then that sucks... good spot btw

Read on .com he is due to play in a friendly with the senior squad on august 20th.

I think he wont play at the Olympics at all.

Edited by marci

Coloccini is not in the Argentina Olympic Squad ????

Their three senior players AFAIK are Riquelme, Pareja and Mascherano.

Keegan didn't 'deny' it, he just failed to confirm it - and why would you until it is actually done - this is a big signing, be nice to make a proper announcement.

we do always get shafted on fees like. £10m on a defender is pretty steep. does anyone know much about this lad? i suppose it's better that we get ripped off and actually sign some players though than be prudent and stick with our current squad

we do always get shafted on fees like. £10m on a defender is pretty steep. does anyone know much about this lad? i suppose it's better that we get ripped off and actually sign some players though than be prudent and stick with our current squad

How do you we've been shafted if you don't know much about him?

You don't know much about him so how do you know if we got ripped? He's been one of the best defenders in La Liga in the past few seasons.

Regards,

Attain

Edit: Beaten to it.

Edited by Attain

you don't think £10m is over the odds for a centre half? even a top draw one? which tbf we don't know if this lad will be yet

you don't think £10m is over the odds for a centre half? even a top draw one?

No, I don't. You'll always put a negative spin on anything though. Zzzzzzzz tbh. I suppose you were moaning when we paid £9m for Woodgate? No, didn't think so.

Weren't you moaning about about Ashley not flashing the cash? Now he has, we've been mugged. I don't know a lot about the lad btw, so I don't know whether we've been mugged or not.

you don't think £10m is over the odds for a centre half? even a top draw one? which tbf we don't know if this lad will be yet

How much was Rio all those years ago?

How much was Rio all those years ago?

I'm guessing he'd heard of Rio at the time.

Don't know why but I've an odd feeling about this. I think he's going to fit right in, nothing spectacular, but he's going to be a very reliable player for us. I just feel it in my gut.

well it's either that or the All Bran. :D

£10m is a lot for a defender. there's no doubt about that. that's not putting a negative spin on it, it's the truth. that's why i was asking if anyone knew anything about him, because for that fee you expect a top draw defender like woodgate.

i'm not moaning, i'm chuffed we've finally signed a decent sounding player and am relived that it looks like ashley is prepared to back keegan. but anyone who thinks we don't ususally pay over the odds for players has got their head in the sand.

you don't think £10m is over the odds for a centre half? even a top draw one?

No, I don't. You'll always put a negative spin on anything though. Zzzzzzzz tbh. I suppose you were moaning when we paid £9m for Woodgate? No, didn't think so.

Weren't you moaning about about Ashley not flashing the cash? Now he has, we've been mugged. I don't know a lot about the lad btw, so I don't know whether we've been mugged or not.

He's a good player by all accounts. I was a little nasty about him last week only cause I was in a bad mood. He'll turn out better than Woodgate once he gates the pace.

Guest Stevie

As it was appointed earlier, the Argentinean central defender has been sold to Newcastle United for €11.5 million plus incentives including a participation of Newcastle United in a future Teresa Herrera tournament. The Magpies will also pay the 15% of the transfer that correspond to the player.

That is from the Deportivo site. They're not going to lie about the fee are they??

So we pay them 11.5m euro's, and we've agreed to pay the 15% signing on/loyalty fee to Colo another 1.725m euro's.

So the total deal we're paying is 13.225m euros.

A quick visit to www.xe.com reveals we will pay a total fee of 10.482m quid

Deportivo will get 9.2m and that lad gets 1.3m. Sorted.

Weren't you just arguing it was a lot, even for a top drawer defender Dan? Because if you weren't, I don't understand why you would have asked me that question.

Edited by alex

Don't know why but I've an odd feeling about this. I think he's going to fit right in, nothing spectacular, but he's going to be a very reliable player for us. I just feel it in my gut.

well it's either that or the All Bran. :D

He is a top drawer centre-half who has been producing in La liga for the last two seasons. Last season, he even managed 4 more goals than Smith. Its not rocket science that he SHOULD fit in.

Regards,

Attain

Edited by Attain

£10m is a lot for a defender. there's no doubt about that. that's not putting a negative spin on it, it's the truth. that's why i was asking if anyone knew anything about him, because for that fee you expect a top draw defender like woodgate.

i'm not moaning, i'm chuffed we've finally signed a decent sounding player and am relived that it looks like ashley is prepared to back keegan. but anyone who thinks we don't ususally pay over the odds for players has got their head in the sand.

Could have had Bosingwa for an extra five or six million.

....well we couldn't...but that's the point isn't it.