Milner completes Aston Villa move

Chaser

Wonder what his reception is going to be like...

He'll get booed at first, without a doubt. Can't imagine it'd last all game or anything though.

We'll be cheering by the end if he puts in one of his normal performances.

15 goals this season. :lol:

Fancy a wager on that?

Why would I? It's pretty much lose:lose.

Bottler.

Sensible. :lol:

come on - the lad is a prospect but he's never looked like a regular first team player for us and apart from Villa no-one else has been battering at the door for him

£ 10 million in today's market is good business

Just got home. £12m for Milner?? Wank time!!

One player who just did not improve one iota in his time at Newcastle imo. An above average player but one who does not get the pulse quickening when he has the ball.

It has the possibility of being the second best sale in NUFC history (second only to getting £750,000 from Spurs for Kevin Scott) if, and only if, he is replaced by someone just as good who can actually do something exciting with the ball at his feet.

One player who just did not improve one iota in his time at Newcastle imo. An above average player but one who does not get the pulse quickening when he has the ball.

It has the possibility of being the second best sale in NUFC history (second only to getting £750,000 from Spurs for Kevin Scott) if, and only if, he is replaced by someone just as good who can actually do something exciting with the ball at his feet.

:)

Also if you've just got home why have you come straight on here and not given Mrs. Hips a right old seeing to? :)

:D

Also if you've just got home why have you come straight on here and not given Mrs. Hips a right old seeing to? :)

Got home late last night, soft lad!!! Mrs hips has had the treatment and now it's toontastic's turn to feel the pleasure :):D

:love:

Got home late last night, soft lad!!! Mrs hips has had the treatment and now it's toontastic's turn to feel the pleasure :):D

Pleasure he says. :D

• 3 years later...

Interesting reading through the opinions from when Milner was sold following on from the threads about who was right at what point. Especially considering what a successful purchase he turned out to be for them.

2Bias called it pretty much spot on like...

Sort feel for Kev really, He apparently called for the club to give milner a new deal and they basically fucked him off and sold milner. it seems as though keegan doesnt have much say what is going on at the min and he is meant to be the manager. Im sure though if results started going against us the club would start laying the blame on him.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=509973

...and pretty much got short shrift as most agreed what a good price £12m was to have gotten and had no doubt it would get reinvested.

Guess who?

'What an absolute shambles. The only right winger we have, and a good one, and we get rid.

This club is run by wankers. "ooh, he's a billionaire businessman".....bollocks. He's clearly a decent discount retailer, but he's no business man. Putting wise on the Board was a perfect example of this.

Anyone that thinks the likes of Duff can do a job out there hasn't been fucking watching.

Yet again, Newcastle United prove ourselves to be so far from the big clubs its painful.

We are not even in the second tier of clubs now - the lieks of Spurs, Everton and Villa have moved on, while we've been dragged back by the stupid cunts in charge, with arseholes on forums like this still trying to suck him off because he's fat, pretends to be a fan, and drinks pints.

Stil, i'm sure Dennis Wise has a fantastic signing up his sleeve. hahahaahahahahaaha.'

:lol:

...and Northern Monkey called it pretty perfect too. <_<

I still think Milner is decent and needs to be maintained.

Climbs upon high horse...

Rides into sunset.

Maintained? Like a garden? Or did you mean to say retained?

[/pedant]

Someone bet me on here that Milner would never play for England, I WISH I could remember who though, they were very sure and IIRC very aggressive in their comments towards me :lol:

sounds like deano to me

Same. Daft to think he could end up with 50+ England caps given how young he still is.

I think he's a decent centre-mid with an excellent attitude and a great engine but beyond that....? Not a lot. That's not me saying I wouldn't have him in the Newcastle side or whatever. He's not a patch on someone like Johnson though, who can't get a game ahead of him for club or country.

I didn't bring the thread up to say Milner's proved anyone right or wrong btw. If anything it was to show I was probably wrong to think the majority could see what Ashley was about by then.

Consensus then seemed to be...a good price to get, it'll deffo be reinvested....and if Leazes was saying otherwise on N-O then it's to his credit.

To be fair, a lot of people were STILL talking about reinvestment after Carroll was sold too, but most of this forum see what Ashley is about now and realised immediately there was little hope of that.

Same. Daft to think he could end up with 50+ England caps given how young he still is.

I think he's a decent centre-mid with an excellent attitude and a great engine but beyond that....? Not a lot. That's not me saying I wouldn't have him in the Newcastle side or whatever. He's not a patch on someone like Johnson though, who can't get a game ahead of him for club or country.

Agreed, I also dont think hes a particularly better player than when he left us yet his price more doubled between yet apparently his value more than doubled at villa just out of using him in the middle rather than the wing, when he gets wide he still does the same things he did with us, got the tricks to beat people but not the pace to get away before getting to inconsistent delivery from wide. nothings changed

I still don't think he's owt special like.

same here. Good engine, good premiership player, and two footed, but an England player, winning loads of caps ?

We sold him for a good price at the time, this is one buy where we could have found better with the money.