Milner completes Aston Villa move

Chaser

Wonder what his reception is going to be like... I don't begrudge him leaving, pretty apathetic to the whole thing to be honest. I don't put him in the same bracket as N'Zogbia with regards to promise, and I don't have enmity towards him in the same way as I do Jenas... I just meh him.

really, whah did he say?

noh much, he was eahing a huna sandwich

you cock. :lol:

Just to be clear, this doesnt reduce the wage bill by 15k. It reduces it by 15k + what Milner was demanding.

...which was parity with Taylor = £35K/week

....but now we need to buy 2 £35K/week midfielders by Monday, rather than the one we were after previously.

Now we've got an extra salary and 12m to do it with, on top of what we had before.

Aye, if it is £12M for a lad who's not even been in his international squad, then we've raped the shit out of them. And if a few deals come off I'll be over the moon.

The positivity over this sale seems at odds with the panic strewn whining about the sparsity of our squad over the last week though.

Just to be clear, this doesnt reduce the wage bill by 15k. It reduces it by 15k + what Milner was demanding.

...which was parity with Taylor = £35K/week

....but now we need to buy 2 £35K/week midfielders by Monday, rather than the one we were after previously.

Now we've got an extra salary and 12m to do it with, on top of what we had before.

Aye, if it is £12M for a lad who's not even been in his international squad, then we've raped the shit out of them. And if a few deals come off I'll be over the moon.

The positivity over this sale seems at odds with the panic strewn whining about the sparsity of our squad over the last week though.

I've been Zen.

There are a lot of our fans who really rate Milner (singing his name to come on etc) and there are a lot of our fans (on the internet) who dont have a clue about attracting top players to our club. Hence the fuss.

For MA, great £12m quid back into the club minus the money to Bates. For the fans what? Its not going in our pockets and the only return we'll see is if we replace what we've sold with players who are going to improve on that. I think now that another regular first team player has gone, im now thinking of pressing the panic button tomorrow morning rather than tomorrow afternoon. I hope and pray that the signings KK is talking about materialise and theyre not just last minute squad fillers which we've seen coming through the door as the window has closed in previous seasons.

For MA, great £12m quid back into the club minus the money to Bates. For the fans what? Its not going in our pockets and the only return we'll see is if we replace what we've sold with players who are going to improve on that. I think now that another regular first team player has gone, im now thinking of pressing the panic button tomorrow morning rather than tomorrow afternoon. I hope and pray that the signings KK is talking about materialise and theyre not just last minute squad fillers which we've seen coming through the door as the window has closed in previous seasons.

KK said that the Milner money will be his to spend but it didnt matter anyway because he had money to spend on who he wants.

Also said his phone hasnt stopped ringing from agents phoning him up but says he only wants top quality and would rather make do till January with this squad than sign rubbish

The previous window has shown Keegly would rather end it understrength than take on players he doesn't rate for the sake of having someone to warm the bench.

KK said that the Milner money will be his to spend but it didnt matter anyway because he had money to spend on who he wants.

Also said his phone hasnt stopped ringing from agents phoning him up but says he only wants top quality and would rather make do till January with this squad than sign rubbish

After a promising start, we should be trying to build on that. If you take away some of the first teamers, theres absolutely nothing beyond them.

Who will play right midfield now? Guti?

Can anyone guess why "in for 4 or 5" translates to "see where 2 or 3 go" - does that mean offers are in which are unaccepted but still on the table which we might get a callback for?

Edited by NJS

It does sound like Keegan is actually quite confident of making signings and honestly I can't beleive he would have risked leaving the squad this weak if he didn't think he was going to get more players in.

Whether those players are of the quality to move us forward remains to be seen.

I don't fancy our chances tomorrow now like (not that I ever really did). If you take Milner, Martins and Duff out of the starting line up for the last two league games, we have Enrique, Owen and Geremi to bring in. Leaving us with (Possibly) Cacapa and Edgar with Premiership experience and Bassong that's played one game for us. It really does bring home how small the squad is.

After a promising start, we should be trying to build on that. If you take away some of the first teamers, theres absolutely nothing beyond them.

Who will play right midfield now? Guti?

Either that or Geremi on the right with Jonas playing off Owen. Looks like a weak line up for tomorrow any way you look at it.

Shades of Keegan defending the Cole sale in his quotes this afternoon.

Never doubted him, then or now.

:lol:

That's the one thing I do have against the man - he wrote off a season in January which I don't think was fair on the fans as well as selling a real hero of mine.

Football has changed a bit since then before someone says that all seasons are semi-pointless now.

Shades of Keegan defending the Cole sale in his quotes this afternoon.

Never doubted him, then or now.

:lol:

That's the one thing I do have against the man - he wrote off a season in January which I don't think was fair on the fans as well as selling a real hero of mine.

Football has changed a bit since then before someone says that all seasons are semi-pointless now.

The next couple of transfer windows made up for it though I guess.