Milner completes Aston Villa move

Chaser

Looks like the reported figure is £10m then (paper sources though so not reliable), if that's the case then I'd be happy enough with that.

not when i've set my heart on £12m though, i feel like we've been cheated now!

Just to be clear, this doesnt reduce the wage bill by 15k. It reduces it by 15k + what Milner was demanding.

He was still under a contract which he himself signed though. Nobody has to pay more I don't know why they do tbh.

I do realise that in reality people try and keep players happy to a point but still, there's not much a player can do surely.

Guess who?

'What an absolute shambles. The only right winger we have, and a good one, and we get rid.

This club is run by wankers. "ooh, he's a billionaire businessman".....bollocks. He's clearly a decent discount retailer, but he's no business man. Putting wise on the Board was a perfect example of this.

Anyone that thinks the likes of Duff can do a job out there hasn't been fucking watching.

Yet again, Newcastle United prove ourselves to be so far from the big clubs its painful.

We are not even in the second tier of clubs now - the lieks of Spurs, Everton and Villa have moved on, while we've been dragged back by the stupid cunts in charge, with arseholes on forums like this still trying to suck him off because he's fat, pretends to be a fan, and drinks pints.

Stil, i'm sure Dennis Wise has a fantastic signing up his sleeve. hahahaahahahahaaha.'

:lol:

we can afford it. just depends who?

would love to see joaquin/ joe cole here.

very doubtful if either could be afforded though.

Afforded?

Why is Joe Cole considering coming to Newcastle in the first place?

I reckon Milner was a decent player for us but if the money is correct we should already have someone lined up to improve on him. Unless of course we're using this money to strengthen elsewhere and pushing Guttierrez on the right wing?

Just to be clear, this doesnt reduce the wage bill by 15k. It reduces it by 15k + what Milner was demanding.

...which was parity with Taylor = £35K/week

....but now we need to buy 2 £35K/week midfielders by Monday, rather than the one we were after previously.

Now we've got an extra salary and 12m to do it with, on top of what we had before.

Wonder what his reception is going to be like... I don't begrudge him leaving, pretty apathetic to the whole thing to be honest. I don't put him in the same bracket as N'Zogbia with regards to promise, and I don't have enmity towards him in the same way as I do Jenas... I just meh him.

KEVIN Keegan today insisted it was his decision, and his alone, to sell James Milner to Aston Villa.

Milner this morning joined the Villa Park club after Martin O'Neill had a bid - believed to be in the region of £10m - accepted for the 22-year-old winger.

Earlier this month Keegan had said that there was "no way" Milner would leave St James's Park in this transfer window.

But his transfer request, and O'Neill's bid, forced the issue.

And in his pre-Arsenal Press conference at United's Benton training ground this afternoon, Keegan came out fighting.

He said: "Obviously, James Milner is a player in an ideal world who you would not want to leave.

"But I want to make it absolutely clear that it was my decision to sell him.

"We got a bid for him which we felt was his value. We all know James has had a difficult time, and almost signed for them a couple of years ago.

"He has behaved impeccably, and is an outstanding player.

"To our fans it won't look like a positive move, but I think in the next two or three days it will.

"I've enjoyed working with him, and I'm sure Martin O'Neill will enjoy it too.

"We will move this club forward. What has happened is right for everyone."

In case you couldn't be bothered to click on the link...

Four or five players. We're gonna win the league!

I hope this isn't the sort of Roeder deadline promise...

Shhh man!

Id be happy with 3 like.

Four or five players. We're gonna win the league!

I hope this isn't the sort of Roeder deadline promise...

Shhh man!

Id be happy with 3 like.

Ollie Bernard, Antoine Sibierski and Ronny Johnsen then.

Wonder what his reception is going to be like... I don't begrudge him leaving, pretty apathetic to the whole thing to be honest. I don't put him in the same bracket as N'Zogbia with regards to promise, and I don't have enmity towards him in the same way as I do Jenas... I just meh him.

really, whah did he say?