Ashley to sell.....OFFICIAL

paddy

Isn't it more about being told there are plenty of money for transfers, when there all of a sudden weren't?

Isn't it more about being told, that Keegan had the final saying on every player going in and out, when he clearly hadn't?

Isn't it really about depleting and all ready thin squad, when being told that 4-5 more bodies would come in?

And when they finally managed to piss Keegan of enough to leave, didn't people just finally had enough?

For me, sitting comfortably far away, it's about the fact that what was being said, now isn't true.

My point being that this only came out after the collision and that the lions share of this should fall at the feet of Wise and Llambias, not Ashley.

Basically, aye. I think Mort's role is probably being overplayed a bit as well as he was only ever going to be here to oversee the new set-up being put in place.

And Jonah Lomu btw? Wtf? :ph34r:

and Re: Lomu... I have no idea

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problems begin with the hiring and firing though. Put it this way. Say Ashley hired.... Jonah Lomu as the DoF, Jonah and Keegler get on fine, Jonah submits suggestions, Keegler signs off on them and it's all happy days. Meredith Brook is Director, not Llambias, and wile she's a bitch, she's also sinner and a saint... so that's nice.

so everyone is happy at Camp St James', there's no press release about who's hiring players, there's no retort, there's no war of words. None of this happens if Ashley had hired the right people behind the scenes. Similarly, if the manager had been someone content to be a first team coach, or someone used to that system, there wouldn't have been any of the problems either.

See all the things you say are what's wrong with Ashley, have only appeared or been made apparent after the fall out of the Wise/Llambias - Keegan collision.

In a shelled nut.

My point being that this only came out after the collision and that the lions share of this should fall at the feet of Wise and Llambias, not Ashley.

I think last Friday night's perceived events killed Ashley in a lot of people's views - they got their hopes up that he was trying to sort it out and "all" it would takes was backing Kev over the others - his speculated failure to do this was his coffin nail imo.

Isn't it more about being told there are plenty of money for transfers, when there all of a sudden weren't?

Isn't it more about being told, that Keegan had the final saying on every player going in and out, when he clearly hadn't?

Isn't it really about depleting and all ready thin squad, when being told that 4-5 more bodies would come in?

And when they finally managed to piss Keegan of enough to leave, didn't people just finally had enough?

For me, sitting comfortably far away, it's about the fact that what was being said, now isn't true.

It's pretty hard to know who is at fault here, since, at least in my opinion, the club has come out with contradicting information. Since Keegan took over, it has been said over and over, that there is money for players. Alot of has been said by Ashley and also Wise, about who has the final saying over players. In the end, there didn't come in enough quality players, and the role of Keegan was even more obscure. It was all happy days, until the transfer window showed how things really where.

I can understand people going of the handle, when stability has been lacking since Robson, and also before Robson.

The whole DoF strategy doesn't ensure that at all. Managers get fired, when players, brought in by DoF's, fails. Infact, when players fail, you should fire the DoF, and you then have the same situation that Ashley talks about, he wants to avoid. It doesn't seem like the whole setup was thought through. You don't bring in a manager, and THEN a DoF to take care of player recruiting. It seems a bit backwards.

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is seeking a staggering $860 million to sell his club to Dubai investors, Arabian Business has learned.

The figure – more than double what Ashley has invested in the club – is contained in documents handed to representatives of Dubai’s Ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum earlier this week.

The documents are currently being studied in greater detail, and it is understood that a takeover offer at a “much lower” price could be made.

Both Dubai-based Zabeel Investments – which is building an eco-friendly hotel with Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt - and Dubai Investment Group, part of Dubai Holding, are being considered to front any deal.

However, Zabeel Investments chairman Mohammed Ali Al Hashimi stressed that he had not been directly approached over any takeover deal.

“We have not had any contact,” he told Arabian Business. “I am not interested in any [English Premier League club] right now.”

Ashley bought the club in May last year, but Newcastle fans have been calling for him to sell the club following the resignation of manager Kevin Keegan last week.

In a statement on Sunday night, Ashley announced he was selling the club, saying: “I paid $238 million out of my own pocket for the club. I then poured another £110 million into the club not to pay off the debt, but just to reduce it.

"The club is still in debt. Even worse than that, the club still owes millions of pounds in transfer fees. I shall be paying out many more millions over the coming year to pay for players bought by the club before I arrived.”

According to the sale documents, Ashley wants to recoup his entire investment, plus take a massive $472 million profit.

“That price is just too much for this club, but we will see what happens and what offer can be made,” a source close to the talks told Arabian Business.

Last year Al Hashimi revealed that Zabeel Investments had been part of the Dubai-led consortium that failed to buy Liverpool Football Club in February 2006.

The Dubai-based diversified investment company is focused on the areas of commercial real estate development and management, private equity and asset management across a wide range of economic sectors in the UAE.

Dubai Investment Group is part of Dubai Holding, it has invested in capital markets and real estate in the Indian sub-continent and South East Asia. Both companies are owned by Dubai’s Ruler Sheikh Mohammed.

The club was not immediately available for comment.

That's an insane price, he'll be walking away with £150m+. :ph34r:

If he walks away with anymore than 20 mil the fans are going to hate him even more, not that he'll be bothered like.

I'm not too bothered if he walks away with a profit, I will be bothered if he scuppers any potential deal because of a ridiculous asking price.

Guest stormrider

So basically MA flew to Arabia, and is now knocking on every multi million company's door trying to sell the club? I mean seriously, has he even considered checking whether those companies are interested/know anything about running a premiership club? It's a different business than building skyscrapers!

Whats the deal with these fellows then?

Are they pretty much rich as fuck or another false dawn?

I think Zabeel is an arm of the sovereign wealth fund of Dubai, in the same vein as the Man City lot and therefore filthy rich.

Whats the deal with these fellows then?

Are they pretty much rich as fuck or another false dawn?

I think Zabeel is an arm of the sovereign wealth fund of Dubai, in the same vein as the Man City lot and therefore filthy rich.

That will do.

I'll text Kaka.