Other drivers

Renton

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who drive around on a cold morning peering through a little port-hole they've made in their windscreen with the back of their hand instead of using their fucking demisters properly.

Do you suffer from road-rage by any chance Dr Ken?? :D

Not really, I actually really enjoy cars and driving most of the time. I do think people who don't clear their windscreen properly before setting off are a menace though due to the restricted field of view they are giving themselves. Be interesting to hear what the police or insurers would say about it if they had an accident.

Things would be a lot better on the roads if I was transport minister :D

People who go 30 in a 40 zone.

String the cunts up. :D

Why??

They're not breaking the law. People who go 40 in a 30 zone are far worse B)

Going too slow is an offence I believe.

I can't stand having to adjust my driving because there are the odd few people who don't conform to the average speeds for given situations.

My mam (not quite a granny :D) is seemingly incapably of joing a motorway at more than 60, which in some situations feels like it could quite easily cause an accident

I think there is a minimum speed limit on motorways but not anywhere else.

I'm pretty sure there is an offence of going too slow for the prevailing conditions, other than the mandated blue roundel minimum speed signs (used usually in tunnels/bridges etc in my experience). I got pulled up on one of my intitial driving tests for it :D

I cant stand wankers who dont move over when they can when you are coming off a slip road.

slow drivers when its dangerously slow.

people who dont indicate or people who do and move out straight away rather than waiting to see if it is ok to do so.

I'm pretty sure there is an offence of going too slow for the prevailing conditions, other than the mandated blue roundel minimum speed signs (used usually in tunnels/bridges etc in my experience). I got pulled up on one of my intitial driving tests for it :unsure:

I don't think doing 30 in a 40 zone is an offence.

Remember, it's a speed limit, not a speed target.

People who disrupt the whole traffic system of Newcastle city centre by parking in the left hand lane and think it's ok because they have their hazard lights on.

Worst places for this are just coming off the Swan House roundabout onto Mosley St, there's always some wanker of a delivery driver or a taxi clogging up the entire Tyne Bridge and roundabout - resulting in traffic being affected for miles around, and going the other way from Westgate Road down Collingwood St and Mosley St onto the roundabout. The worst time for that is Friday and Saturday nights and it's always taxi drivers. Should have traffic wardens on constant patrol at those times imo. Anyone who pulls up for more than a minute, fine them.

I'm pretty sure there is an offence of going too slow for the prevailing conditions, other than the mandated blue roundel minimum speed signs (used usually in tunnels/bridges etc in my experience). I got pulled up on one of my intitial driving tests for it :unsure:

There is an offence for driving too slow on a motorway but if the same applied for non-motorway roads then every funeral director in the country would be on charge...

Regardless or not, driving 30mph in a 40mph zone is NOT an offence of any kind!

I think examiners will start pulling you up on it if you're pootling along at 30 on a clear road with a 40 limit in safe weather conditions etc. and other cars are starting to line up behind you, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Two more from today, again featuring BMW drivers:

Using tunnel vision to look straight ahead and pretending you haven't seen the lollipop woman stepping off the kerb with a group of school children behind her. Was it worth it for the 30 seconds it might have saved you silly bitch?

Stopping over the coloured tarmac with KEEP CLEAR written on it in 6 foot high letters. This means you, thick bastard!

Two more from today, again featuring BMW drivers:

Using tunnel vision to look straight ahead and pretending you haven't seen the lollipop woman stepping off the kerb with a group of school children behind her. Was it worth it for the 30 seconds it might have saved you silly bitch?

Stopping over the coloured tarmac with KEEP CLEAR written on it in 6 foot high letters. This means you, thick bastard!

People who enter box junctions when their exit obviously ISN'T clear.

I'm pretty sure there is an offence of going too slow for the prevailing conditions, other than the mandated blue roundel minimum speed signs (used usually in tunnels/bridges etc in my experience). I got pulled up on one of my intitial driving tests for it :icon_lol:

There is an offence for driving too slow on a motorway but if the same applied for non-motorway roads then every funeral director in the country would be on charge...

Not an offence, but fucking annoying. That's the point of this thread isn't it? We're not actually discussing the laws of the road?

• 3 years later...

I used to love this thread.

Cyclists who ride on a dual carriageway (in rush hour), sometimes two-abreast, even though there is a cycle path right next to the road. Under these circumstances it should be legal to drive over the no-insurance-non-road-tax-paying cunts.

Now I've started driving to work because I can no longer face the metro, I'm becoming stressed about what complete and utter selfish BASTARDS other drivers are! Anyway, its not doing my blood pressure any good. So what pisses you most off about other people's driving? For me it's the following top 3.

1) People who change lanes to get ahead in the queue. You selfish wankers! Every morning you see them on the Coast road/Cradlewell bypass/Jesmond road, weaving in and out the traffic queue, to make up a few seconds. There's alway some mug that lets them in, otherwise they force themselves in. The result? Even more delays for the rest of us. :razz:

2) People who stop on box junctions. Do you know how to fucking drive, you crettin? Admittedly, it's easy to do, but come on, some people are serial offenders, and they end up causing more chaos for other drivers and pedestrians alike. <_<

3) People tailgating me. Fuck of and die you aresholes! Do you realise if I need to do an emergency stop you will rear end me, you bastards? I swear to God I'm going to add some 6 foot spikes to my rear bumper. But then if you leave too much space, some wanker will nick in and steal your space, see point one.

:lol:

Ahh, that's better, needed to get that off my chest. Anybody got any other pet hates, or, more importantly, anyone do any of the above? :icon_lol:

try driving in london. basically makes you do all those things whether you like it or not.

BMW drivers who never use their indicators

My dear late lamented mother-in-law always used to say "beware of drivers driving with a hat on" which I have always found to be absolutely spot on

Twats who zoom up behind you on a duel carrigeway then flash their lights for you to move. That's always my cue to slow down and raise the middle finger out the back window. Wankers

Depends. If you're sat in the outside lane and there's fuck all in lane 1 then I'm siding with them rather than you - too many people are doing that these days.

Course if you're overtaking something and going a reasonable speed then you're quite within your rights to proceed as you've explained :razz:

BMW drivers who never use their indicators

The least of the issues where BMW drivers are concerned surely? :lol:

I'm pretty sure there is an offence of going too slow for the prevailing conditions, other than the mandated blue roundel minimum speed signs (used usually in tunnels/bridges etc in my experience). I got pulled up on one of my intitial driving tests for it :lol:

It is an offence if your slow driving can be deemed to be causing a hazard.

Although 30 in a 40 zone is unlikely to qualify as an offence it will lead to someone failing their driving test.