Jiminez on his bike

Snake

Out of the three of them (wise, jiminez & vetere) he's the one i wanted to go the least. He may be tarnished by being 'one of Ashley's men' but let us not lose sight of the fact that he is a fucking good footballing scout (Gutierrez being a good example).

Pretty academic that he was going to go at some point (all of his motley crew will go) but i'll be more happy to see the other two go - Jiminez was, i had hoped going to become chief scout if Keegan had stayed.

I just hope a rival club doesn't benefit too much from him.

Vetere's the one I wanted to stay out of them all as he's the scout. Jiminez is just a deal broker is he not?

At least Vetty is some use to us. :lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of the three of them (wise, jiminez & vetere) he's the one i wanted to go the least. He may be tarnished by being 'one of Ashley's men' but let us not lose sight of the fact that he is a fucking good footballing scout (Gutierrez being a good example).

Pretty academic that he was going to go at some point (all of his motley crew will go) but i'll be more happy to see the other two go - Jiminez was, i had hoped going to become chief scout if Keegan had stayed.

Vetere's the one I wanted to stay out of them all as he's the scout. Jiminez is just a deal broker is he not?

Jiminez was just the agent, wasn't he? He started as a security guard at Chelsea, became good mates with Poyet and his agent then started poaching the agents clients IIRC :lol:

Whoever's the scout they haven't done that well. The best two signings we've made are Argentinain internationals for fucks sake. It might be true that few (if any) on here knew anything about Guttierez (Coloccini is a fairly well known player throughout Europe) but anyone with a decent knowledge of Spanish football should surely known plenty about one of the best wingers in La Liga.

As far as I can see the only thing our much praised scouting set up has is a knowlege base in Spain. There can't be that much of a shortage of that type of scout if we want to look for it (something the club hasn't done in the past).

Bassong is the only player that you could say is a real find baring in mind that he apparently hadn't looked incredibly impressive in a poor Metz team, but while he's looked pretty promissing he's not setting the world alight.

I don't see any problem with losing any of them but I would like to see us with a good scouting network (something we have lacked for years) going forward.

When was Guttierez thought of as one of the best wingers in La Liga?

I thought Vetere was the scout ? Jiminez was just the negotiator wasn't he ???

yeh, Jimenez the businessman and Vetere the former real madrid scout

My apologies - i've got them the wrong way around :lol:

Whoever's the scout they haven't done that well. The best two signings we've made are Argentinain internationals for fucks sake. It might be true that few (if any) on here knew anything about Guttierez (Coloccini is a fairly well known player throughout Europe) but anyone with a decent knowledge of Spanish football should surely known plenty about one of the best wingers in La Liga.

As far as I can see the only thing our much praised scouting set up has is a knowlege base in Spain. There can't be that much of a shortage of that type of scout if we want to look for it (something the club hasn't done in the past).

Bassong is the only player that you could say is a real find baring in mind that he apparently hadn't looked incredibly impressive in a poor Metz team, but while he's looked pretty promissing he's not setting the world alight.

I don't see any problem with losing any of them but I would like to see us with a good scouting network (something we have lacked for years) going forward.

When he signed there was a few people who come out and said that. Gerry Armstrong is one I can remember but I'm sure there was a few more too. Just because he's not a massive name like Messi doesn't mean he wasn't highly thought of. Let's face it, most people can't name a single player from any Spanish team outside of Barca, Real/Athletico Madrid, Valencia, Deportivo or Villareal but it's not realistic to think that in a league of the standard of la liga that they are the only teams with any decent players!

And like I said he's a current international in one of the best teams in the world (as an attacking player too which makes it all the more impressive when you think of the other players who fall into that category) so it doesn't take a genius to spot him.

When he signed there was a few people who come out and said that. Gerry Armstrong is one I can remember but I'm sure there was a few more too. Just because he's not a massive name like Messi doesn't mean he wasn't highly thought of. Let's face it, most people can't name a single player from any Spanish team outside of Barca, Real/Athletico Madrid, Valencia, Deportivo or Villareal but it's not realistic to think that in a league of the standard of la liga that they are the only teams with any decent players!

And like I said he's a current international in one of the best teams in the world (as an attacking player too which makes it all the more impressive when you think of the other players who fall into that category) so it doesn't take a genius to spot him.

So it's gone from anyone with a decent knowledge of Spanish football to a few people including Gerry Armstrong.

He'd only managed one cap for Argentina before he came here hadn't he? So that doesn't really mean much, we've seen in the past with England how many players pick up to odd cap here and there.

Another point though is if he was one of the best wingers in Spain then why did he come here when he would have had the choice of clubs if he was so highly rated and out of contract since he'd bought it out? Or are you going to give credit to Jimenez for convincing one of the best wingers in Spain to come here on what is basically a free transfer?

so, we now have a DOF system that can go wrong. Its all down to the individual ???

Hmmmmmmm

Wasn't in the script was it baggy ?

When did I say it couldn't go wrong?

foolproof system ?

:lol:

so, we now have a DOF system that can go wrong. Its all down to the individual ???

Hmmmmmmm

foolproof system ?

When did I say it was a foolproof system?

Hmmmmmmm

foolproof system ?

you've advocated this "system" for ages, rather than the personalities, when I pointed out that this is what mattered. Have we caught you lying again ?

So it's gone from anyone with a decent knowledge of Spanish football to a few people including Gerry Armstrong.

He'd only managed one cap for Argentina before he came here hadn't he? So that doesn't really mean much, we've seen in the past with England how many players pick up to odd cap here and there.

Another point though is if he was one of the best wingers in Spain then why did he come here when he would have had the choice of clubs if he was so highly rated and out of contract since he'd bought it out? Or are you going to give credit to Jimenez for convincing one of the best wingers in Spain to come here on what is basically a free transfer?

I said that a few people including Gerry Armstrong came out and said he was one of the best wingers, I've never gone back on saying that anyone with a decent knowledge of spanish football should have known about him. But do you expect everyone who knows about la liga to be quoted in the press? The fact is that given his ties with Spanish football on Sky, Armstrong is one of the people most associated with having a knowlege of the league and as such he was one of the people asked for an opinion. I don't think they bothered asking everyone.

And so what if he'd only had the one cap at that point? If you gave me a list of the Argentine squad with their respective clubs I could very quickly come up with a list of players worth having a look at (ie all the ones who weren't at massive clubs so we might be able to attract). Fucking hell, it's not as if he's unearthed some wonderkid playing in the forth division in Nepal is it.

And yes plenty of players get one cap for even the top countries and don't turn out to be anything worth while but that's not the point. The point is that it's an easy place find players to scout, I'm not saying that you don't then have to actually go and watch them play and see something in them. For christ sake, I'd be seriously concerned if we were signing players without watching them at all.

As for how we got him to sign or whether there were other clubs after him, tbh I really don't know (well we do know Portsmouth were interested) but I'm willing conceed that he might have done a good job convincing him to come but we've never really had that many problems on that score have we. I could name a long list of highly rated/sought after players that were convinced to come here in the past for one reason or another (money mainly) without any work from Jiminez.

And most daming of all is the state of the squad at the minute. Try and convince anyone that it's strong and they will just laugh at you. Was he not the guy in charge of signing players? Any way you look at it we didn't get in the number of players that we needed in the window so he failled in his very first task.

Hmmmmmmm

foolproof system ?

you've advocated this "system" for ages, rather than the personalities, when I pointed out that this is what mattered. Have we caught you lying again ?

Slight difference between being a fan of the system and claiming it to be foolproof, even you can surely see the difference between that.

I said that a few people including Gerry Armstrong came out and said he was one of the best wingers, I've never gone back on saying that anyone with a decent knowledge of spanish football should have known about him. But do you expect everyone who knows about la liga to be quoted in the press? The fact is that given his ties with Spanish football on Sky, Armstrong is one of the people most associated with having a knowlege of the league and as such he was one of the people asked for an opinion. I don't think they bothered asking everyone.

And so what if he'd only had the one cap at that point? If you gave me a list of the Argentine squad with their respective clubs I could very quickly come up with a list of players worth having a look at (ie all the ones who weren't at massive clubs so we might be able to attract). Fucking hell, it's not as if he's unearthed some wonderkid playing in the forth division in Nepal is it.

And yes plenty of players get one cap for even the top countries and don't turn out to be anything worth while but that's not the point. The point is that it's an easy place find players to scout, I'm not saying that you don't then have to actually go and watch them play and see something in them. For christ sake, I'd be seriously concerned if we were signing players without watching them at all.

As for how we got him to sign or whether there were other clubs after him, tbh I really don't know (well we do know Portsmouth were interested) but I'm willing conceed that he might have done a good job convincing him to come but we've never really had that many problems on that score have we. I could name a long list of highly rated/sought after players that were convinced to come here in the past for one reason or another (money mainly) without any work from Jiminez.

And most daming of all is the state of the squad at the minute. Try and convince anyone that it's strong and they will just laugh at you. Was he not the guy in charge of signing players? Any way you look at it we didn't get in the number of players that we needed in the window so he failled in his very first task.

Who are these other people? Because it seems to me you're going off what Armstrong said like it's gospel, now I follow Spanish football and the only time I remember seeing him is when he pulled his mask out because things like that stick in your head and a quick look through threads on here and Newcastle-Online will say hardly anyone had noticed him as a player and a few thought he couldn't be that good if he was buying his contract out to come to us, when it turns out that he looks a quality player people start making noises about how he was always top quality and such an obvious player, a load of shite basically.

As for our squad, I agree we didn't get all of the players we need but then I didn't expect us to go out and sign 11 new players in one window, that's why it's a building job rather than an instant fix, I can't wait to see if Keegan does come back just for the reactions of people when he doesn't fill every position we need to in one window, I've got the feeling it will be slightly different to how it is now.

He was actually Keegan's transfer. :lol:

Who are these other people? Because it seems to me you're going off what Armstrong said like it's gospel, now I follow Spanish football and the only time I remember seeing him is when he pulled his mask out because things like that stick in your head and a quick look through threads on here and Newcastle-Online will say hardly anyone had noticed him as a player and a few thought he couldn't be that good if he was buying his contract out to come to us, when it turns out that he looks a quality player people start making noises about how he was always top quality and such an obvious player, a load of shite basically.

As for our squad, I agree we didn't get all of the players we need but then I didn't expect us to go out and sign 11 new players in one window, that's why it's a building job rather than an instant fix, I can't wait to see if Keegan does come back just for the reactions of people when he doesn't fill every position we need to in one window, I've got the feeling it will be slightly different to how it is now.

Believe what you want but there was more than one person who said Guttierez was a top player and I'm pretty sure there wasn't a single negative coment about him. The fact that no one on here or Online knew anything about him means absolutely nothing. None of us are scouts and let's face it, the only games Sky show are the ones involving Real, Barca, Valencia or Villareal. Mallorca never get a look in on their own merit and they had the leagues top scorer last season and there would be next no one on these boards that would have heard of him (or even name him now) either. And people said he mustn't be any good because he bought out his contract? Fucking hell, well if a load of bairns on Newcastle Online think that it must be true.

Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting he was one of the leading lights of la liga but it certainly appears that he had a strong season and was one of the better players outside the top four and as such you would expect a Spanish scout (which is what the Jiminez/Vetre deal seeams to be) to be easily aware of him just as you would expect a scout specialising in England to be of the better players playing outside of this countries top four.

Anyway whatever you think of how well Jonas did in la liga I still say finding a player from that league isn't a special achievement. Whoever the scouts were who found Bernard or N'Zogbia achieved something, finding players who had hardly ever played and who could cut it in the premier league is a lot more impressive than finding an Argentine international that can play.

And of course it's difficult finding a whole new team in one window (something that wasn't really required but hey let's not let facts get in the way of a good argument) but when your manager is saying all along that you need to sign a leftback as a priority you would think that would be the one position you could manage. As it is we struggled to fill any of the positions we really needed (fullbacks, an attacking central midfielder/playmaker, cover/replacement for Viduka) with only a central defender arriving. Face facts the new regime failled. If they hadn't pissed Keegan off we'd not be in as bad a position because we would still have a manager that the players believed in and who could get them playing. But we would still be struggling because of the failures to provide a squad capable of covering injuries of anyone but the keeper.

Believe what you want but there was more than one person who said Guttierez was a top player and I'm pretty sure there wasn't a single negative coment about him. The fact that no one on here or Online knew anything about him means absolutely nothing. None of us are scouts and let's face it, the only games Sky show are the ones involving Real, Barca, Valencia or Villareal. Mallorca never get a look in on their own merit and they had the leagues top scorer last season and there would be next no one on these boards that would have heard of him (or even name him now) either. And people said he mustn't be any good because he bought out his contract? Fucking hell, well if a load of bairns on Newcastle Online think that it must be true.

Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting he was one of the leading lights of la liga but it certainly appears that he had a strong season and was one of the better players outside the top four and as such you would expect a Spanish scout (which is what the Jiminez/Vetre deal seeams to be) to be easily aware of him just as you would expect a scout specialising in England to be of the better players playing outside of this countries top four.

Anyway whatever you think of how well Jonas did in la liga I still say finding a player from that league isn't a special achievement. Whoever the scouts were who found Bernard or N'Zogbia achieved something, finding players who had hardly ever played and who could cut it in the premier league is a lot more impressive than finding an Argentine international that can play.

And of course it's difficult finding a whole new team in one window (something that wasn't really required but hey let's not let facts get in the way of a good argument) but when your manager is saying all along that you need to sign a leftback as a priority you would think that would be the one position you could manage. As it is we struggled to fill any of the positions we really needed (fullbacks, an attacking central midfielder/playmaker, cover/replacement for Viduka) with only a central defender arriving. Face facts the new regime failled. If they hadn't pissed Keegan off we'd not be in as bad a position because we would still have a manager that the players believed in and who could get them playing. But we would still be struggling because of the failures to provide a squad capable of covering injuries of anyone but the keeper.

am I alone in thinking that baggy has rammed this DOF shite on us for ages insisting its a great system, despite myself and one or two others telling him that its the ability of the personality that counts. While he carried on saying that its the system, the system that matters. Because if ou sack a manager then "stability" is in place. Even when it was pointed out that this "stablility" counted for fuck all if the personell in power made poor judgements.

I won't even go into the area where any manager worth his salt wouldn't stand for others telling him and actually deciding who to buy and sell.

The obvious conclusion being that its the personell who count, and it doesn't change the fact that there are only 3 cups, and about 5 more european places up for grabs, however many clubs operate a "DOF system" , and in that respect, our old "system" hadn't done so badly........

He won't admit that the bollocks he has spouted in the last few years is a load of shite. Thats the end of the matter, tbh

Jimenez going will not shift Newcastle's other bosses

The sudden departure of Newcastle United's vice-president, Tony Jimenez, will not, it seems, spark the collapse of the "Cockney Mafia" management structure put in place by the owner, Mike Ashley. Newcastle fans had hoped Jimenez's exit would lead to the departure of the managing director, Derek Llambias, and the executive director (football), Dennis Wise. But senior figures at St James' Park are adamant that Jimenez's desire to quit is not shared by the other key players in Ashley's unpopular regime.

A club source said: "There has been no indication from either Dennis Wise or Derek Llambias that they want to leave the club. Nobody knows how long it is going to take the owner to sell and the management structure will remain in place until they are told otherwise."

Jimenez left his £750,000-a-year post on Thursday as he realised he would not have a job if the club were sold. As the club's main deal-maker, he had spent three weeks in limbo because Ashley no longer needed him to identify new players. Ashley, who is struggling to find a buyer to match his £300m asking price, does not plan to invest in the team even if he has failed to sell the club before the January transfer window. Jimenez had been hired because of his supposedly extensive contacts in European football, but his critics have pointed out these appeared to start and finish in Spain. Of the five players Newcastle signed in the summer, only the former Liverpool midfielder Danny Guthrie was not playing in La Liga.

It is unknown whether Wise has anything more to do at present as head of recruitment, although the former England international does have wider responsibilities, including the overall control of the academy. With Ashley sidetracked by other business interests, Llambias is running the club on a day-to-day basis and is said to have been unaffected by the protests against the board. Although Ashley and Wise no longer attend Newcastle games because of the strength of feeling against them, Llambias sat next to the interim manager, Joe Kinnear, during last weekend's 2-2 draw at Everton.

Jimenez left his £750,000-a-year post on Thursday as he realised he would not have a job if the club were sold. As the club's main deal-maker, he had spent three weeks in limbo because Ashley no longer needed him to identify new players. Ashley, who is struggling to find a buyer to match his £300m asking price, does not plan to invest in the team even if he has failed to sell the club before the January transfer window.

Llambias is running the club on a day-to-day basis and is said to have been unaffected by the protests against the board.

For all those calling to forget protesting, to show support for Ashley please read and absorb the above two quotes,

They scare the b-jesus out of me as to how far Ashley and co are willing to run the club into the ground.

Jimenez left his £750,000-a-year post on Thursday as he realised he would not have a job if the club were sold. As the club's main deal-maker, he had spent three weeks in limbo because Ashley no longer needed him to identify new players. Ashley, who is struggling to find a buyer to match his £300m asking price, does not plan to invest in the team even if he has failed to sell the club before the January transfer window.

Llambias is running the club on a day-to-day basis and is said to have been unaffected by the protests against the board.

For all those calling to forget protesting, to show support for Ashley please read and absorb the above two quotes,

They scare the b-jesus out of me as to how far Ashley and co are willing to run the club into the ground.

I don't think Ashley was planning to "invest" this season anyway.

Although what the whole lot of them are doing (besides taking a wage out of NUFC) at the moment I don't know. Even Lambrusco seems to have the single job of the public smirking face of the middle-management (the rest of his week he spends in Laaaandhan practising it in front of the mirror).

Exactly Fop, as though he was going to splash the cash in January but now he isn't because of what happened. Also, regardless of whether he can't / won't sell, getting behind the team at the match is the most important at present because we're in danger of going down if we don't improve on the pitch.

A club source said: "There has been no indication from either Dennis Wise or Derek Llambias that they want to leave the club without a huge pay-off. Nobody knows how long it is going to take the owner to sell and the management structure will remain in place until the new owner comes in and pays them a shed load of money to fuck off."