Have you ever been best mates with a Pro

bobbyshinton

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drink in the same club as Ron Guthrie who was born in Newcastle - Supports Newcastle - played for Newcastle (Just) and was left back for Sunderland in the F.A Cup win in 1973.

I know Ron very well. He's also a distant relative (but then again who isn't if you're from a pit village? :D ). Got a Fairs Cup winners medal too, although he didn't play in either leg of the final.

Edited by alex

Andy Carroll is one of my Facebook friends, as is Alan O'Brien.

Martin Brittain was too but he deleted me. :jesuswept:

Oh and just to trot out an old favourite.. my auntie married and divorced Jackie Milburn's son before I was born. :lol:

Benny Smart is one of my flickr contacts.

I went to school with a kid whos cousin was Gary Rowell (he took some stick for that like).

As a kid I used to have a kickabout with John Anderson in the carpark behind his house and Steve Carney lived on our estate (back in the days when footballers lived near normal people).

A lad at work went with Shearer to Southampton, Al stayed but he didnt get kept on.

I went to school with a kid whos cousin was Gary Rowell (he took some stick for that like).

As a kid I used to have a kickabout with John Anderson in the carpark behind his house and Steve Carney lived on our estate (back in the days when footballers lived near normal people).

A lad at work went with Shearer to Southampton, Al stayed but he didnt get kept on.

I used to get dropped off at first school in Gosforth by Steve Carney's wife, used to get dropped at theirs every morning by my mam and dad as the Carney's lived about 5 doors down from the school.

And I got Shearers old Tricolore French text book at Gossy High School!!

I used to get dropped off at first school in Gosforth by Steve Carney's wife, used to get dropped at theirs every morning by my mam and dad as the Carney's lived about 5 doors down from the school.

And I got Shearers old Tricolore French text book at Gossy High School!!

Fifi Fole, I always thought she'd take it in every hole.

I went to school with Tommy Cassidy's son, even had trials at Glentoran when I was 16 and he was the boss there.

Played against Tommy cassidy's Brother.

Played in the same team as peter Beardsley. I was top scorer as well :jesuswept:

I played 47 games scored 9 peter played one (would have got killed if caught) scored 7. His brother Geordie was a cracking player

I went to school with Tommy Cassidy's son, even had trials at Glentoran when I was 16 and he was the boss there.

Played in the same team as peter Beardsley. I was top scorer as well :jesuswept:

I played 47 games scored 9 peter played one (would have got killed if caught) scored 7. His brother Geordie was a cracking player

He was indeed :lol:

A lad Dan Graham who plays for Carlisle was in my year at school. That's about it, really.

Played kickups with Gazza once on Pelaw fields if that counts. He got bored and hoofed me ball for miles, I told him he should go and get it and he told me he couldn't cos he was a fat c*nt :jesuswept:

Played in the same team as peter Beardsley. I was top scorer as well :lol:

He was indeed :icon_lol:

sort of remember a batchelor party (might have been mine.) geordie turned up in a carlisle top, fancy dress he had came as his Pedro. :jesuswept:

Played in the same team as peter Beardsley. I was top scorer as well :icon_lol:

He was indeed :D

sort of remember a batchelor party (might have been mine.) geordie turned up in a carlisle top, fancy dress he had came as his Pedro. :lol:

Only not teetotal :jesuswept:

A lad Dan Graham who plays for Carlisle was in my year at school. That's about it, really.

Played kickups with Gazza once on Pelaw fields if that counts. He got bored and hoofed me ball for miles, I told him he should go and get it and he told me he couldn't cos he was a fat c*nt :jesuswept:

Good player, thought he would've made it at Boro to be honest.

Good player, thought he would've made it at Boro to be honest.

Scored in the Prem once but got knocked out in the process :lol:

Doing OK at Carlisle now like. Haven't seen him for donkeys.

Went to school with a lad called Bobby Howe. He was in the year above me. He was amazing, the sort of lad who could dribble past everybody then do it again for fun before scoring in the playground. He was part of Forest's youth set-up (back when it was just about the best one in the country) and although he played for the first team and scored the odd goal (inc. a Uefa Cup one I think) he couldn't hold down a place. I think he ended up spending a few seasons at Swindon Town but I don't think he's a pro any more. Just proved to me how hard it is to actually make it.

Used to play in the same team as Garry Flitcroft and his brother David back in the 80`s

I also used to work for Paul Nichols (eastenders) dad when I left school, I remember him telling me a story about him fuckin his Mrs doggy and when he looked round Paul was staring at him, proberbly would have been about 7 or 8

I also went to school with Ronnie Irani who was a decent footballer too, a right cock on talksport tho`

John Mc Ginlay fucked my mates bird in a club in Bolton while he was at the bar gettin the drinks in

Used to play in the same team as Garry Flitcroft and his brother David back in the 80`s

I also used to work for Paul Nichols (eastenders) dad when I left school, I remember him telling me a story about him fuckin his Mrs doggy and when he looked round Paul was staring at him, proberbly would have been about 7 or 8

I also went to school with Ronnie Irani who was a decent footballer too, a right cock on talksport tho`

John Mc Ginlay fucked my mates bird in a club in Bolton while he was at the bar gettin the drinks in

Either some size round of drinks or a shit fuck :jesuswept:

My grandad worked down the pits with wor Jackie

MY mate is Dennis Tuearts Nephew (he scored that bastard of a goal in 76)

I went to school with Martin Brittain, James Debbage who used to play for the youth team

My Mam works with Lee Clarks Sister and she's married to an Ex newcastle player a think its paul bracewell don't hold me on it like

I'm friends with Oba Martins on facebook lol

My best mate used to be really good friends with Jay Rodriguez who plays for burnley now, I've met him a couple of times too, good player but never thought he was amazing