iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

And even if it makes no odds anyway... The reasonably priced option would be the way to go.

I know it's a pointless debate. People pay £1000s on a pair of shoes for a name. Just bizarre to see normal working class men buy into that.

Yeah but I got a free U2 album.

I'm no apple fanboy, the iphone is the only piece of hardware of theirs that I have bought. I like that I can upgrade and have my new phone up and going in 20 minutes. The only problem I had with the phone was that the screen was too small and that has now been rectified which is the only reason I'm upgrading. I can sell my 5S for about £400 so it's only really costing be £300 for a larger, better phone with twice the memory.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're missing the point.

Some people do think the iPhone is the best hardware wise, they're idiots.

I've had an android in the past, I didn't like using it compared to iOS. I had a PS4, which is technically more powerful than an Xbox one, but I didn't like using it, I switched and am happier with my product now.

I'm a total apple fanboy. I still use iTunes..

:D

...even though people slate it... I always have, it looks lovely and it works for me. The pain of changing to something else would be too much.

But that's free. No chance would I put myself out of pocket to use it cos I know better is available.

You're missing the point.

Some people do think the iPhone is the best hardware wise, they're idiots.

I've had an android in the past, I didn't like using it compared to iOS. I had a PS4, which is technically more powerful than an Xbox one, but I didn't like using it, I switched and am happier with my product now.

Link was just to answer the 1gb ram question.

I'm a total apple fanboy. I still use iTunes..

:D

...even though people slate it... I always have, it looks lovely and it works for me. The pain of changing to something else would be too much.

But that's free. No chance would I put myself out of pocket to use it cos I know better is available.

Better is subjective, hardware wise you're right, clearly, but user experience and hardware specs often don't line up.

Even once the specifications of the Apple A8 processor are made available, a comparison between it and the SoCs used by the Android flagships will be difficult to make, with dissimilar benchmarks to run due to the differing nature of the platform the SoCs are made for. Even if the Apple A8 reveals specifications that on paper are obviously lower than the SoCs used on Android flagships, real world performance is the only indication we can use - as Apple in the past has shown it is able to deliver top-end performance with meagre specifications due to its hardware-software optimisation.

Apples and oranges, innit.

I've seen a few articles claiming that the 6 has 1gb but the 6 Plus has 2gb. We won't know for sure until they ship.

Which would add credence to the fact that more RAM gives better performance even on an iPhone... So why pay a double premium for a 6 plus when 3gb comes standard on top

end androids for less than an iPhone 5.

Because 3gb is overkill for the iphone? As the quote above states, apple's specs have been behind the market leaders for years but it hasn't affected the actual user experience due to how ios operates.

I do realise that apple charge to pay a premium for their products, I just don't think that it's overly excessive with the iphone for the continuity it allows me to have.

Edited by ewerk

Which would add credence to the fact that more RAM gives better performance even on an iPhone... So why pay a double premium for a 6 plus when 3gb comes standard on top

end androids for less than an iPhone 5.

Does that even need saying?

I could technically put 16 million terabytes of ram in my PC, it'd definitely be faster. I don't need that though

Aren't I?

Its just an odd assertion, any computer with more RAM is technically better off, its not always necessary though and more RAM does not make one machine strictly better than another.

10 minutes ago you said it makes no odds for regular phone use :)

I haven't contradicted that, an iPhone 6 with more RAM would be better than one with less, but its not necessarily worse than an android phone with more RAM because they have totally different architecture.

Aren't I?

Its just an odd assertion, any computer with more RAM is technically better off, its not always necessary though and more RAM does not make one machine strictly better than another.

But apple definitely say it does between their phones and charge a premium for the extra ram.

But apple definitely say it does between their phones and charge a premium for the extra ram.

because those phones have the same OS and architecture. with all else being equal more RAM is a better option.

iPhones and Droids are not a case of all else being equal.

I haven't contradicted that, an iPhone 6 with more RAM would be better than one with less, but its not necessarily worse than an android phone with more RAM because they have totally different architecture.

That's fair enough.

But works both ways. So the premium brand thing isn't a claim you can prove.