iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HF and Gemmill are just being willfully stupid. 'How come more RAM on an iphone costs more then..!!?????"

Durhh...

As Andrew says, they are a premium brand and charge a bit more but i have to say that shopping for laptops with the same durability and performance only gives a small saving versus Apple. I was surprised at how close these things are actually priced. The idea that an iPad is clunky versus a Nexus is a bit daft too. The iPad is now the number one device in major corporations depsite the fact it doesnt do office well. My Air is super slick. The Nexus might be better but its marginal and once you're on the VPN on Apple, safety is tip top. Lots of business travelers are using an ipad on the road now (or so it seems to me). And most of them have iPhones too. I think Apple must have been killing the Blackberry market. Doesnt mean their products are the best of course, in fact thats probably more an argument for mediocrity than anything else.

I lost my iPad 2 just before the summer so spent 3 weeks on holiday with just a iphone 4S. Radio, New films for free, British TV for free, GPS, Kids games, streaming football and then access to my entire music and video collection. It does help we have Apple TV at the house already but i did find myself thinking 'I dont need anything more than this, this is already ridiculously good'. Which really does make all these discussions seem very over the top.

... i did find myself thinking 'I dont need anything more than this, this is already ridiculously good'.

Alright Lifehacker. Walking round your house in your white linen pants and a matching open linen shirt congratulating yourself on how great your shit smells. :lol:

Alright Lifehacker. Walking round your house in your white linen pants and a matching open linen shirt congratulating yourself on how great your shit smells. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You've spent 3 years congratulating yourself on a keyboard that allows you to type like a 4 year old. I'm saying my ancient phone is more than good enough. I'm not the one positioning myself as the tech guru on here.

My point was i see nothing interesting or important the new phones do that 3 year old phones cant. They are already do everything and have done for years. I've passed the upgrade date 8 months ago and not bothered as its just cosmetic.

You've spent 3 years congratulating yourself on a keyboard that allows you to type like a 4 year old. I'm saying my ancient phone is more than good enough. I'm not the one positioning myself as the tech guru on here.

My point was i see nothing interesting or important the new phones do that 3 year old phones cant. They are already do everything and have done for years. I've passed the upgrade date 8 months ago and not bothered as its just cosmetic.

Sat now at a glass desk in your minimalist office, elbows rested gently on the desk surface, fingertips of each hand touching the other as you admire your response... 'I didn't need to say anything more than that. What I have said there is already ridiculously good.'

Sat now at a glass desk in your minimalist office, elbows rested gently on the desk surface, fingertips of each hand touching the other as you admire your response... 'I didn't need to say anything more than that. What I have said there is already ridiculously good.'

:lol:

4g for a start and much bigger screens which those other things you mention more enjoyable, Shirley.