iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm intrigued to see their price point. For me they're very poor value for money at the current going rate and I can't see them meeting the market price for a high end phone. There's a.few argument that say they need not, mostly sales but also the reliability and consistency of IOS. For me they're severely hamstrung by not having expandable memory and then charging excessively more for the same device with not that much more on-board storage. The minor and decreasing quirks of Android can easily be stomached when coupled with the much better pricing and form factor/screen size options.

Aye I had a read up on the watches and they basically put your notifications drawer on your wrist. For a couple of hundred quid.

Fuck that.

Also read an article on The Verge for what to expect from the new iPhone. Outside of hardware tweaks and camera improvements, it was basically a list of stuff that has been available on Android for ages. The bloke even said in his article "make no mistake, this is Apple playing catch up".

Edited by Gemmill

I think the watch looks a very impressive gadget however not a product I could see myself buying.

As I understand it, for the watch to work you must have your iPhone on your person????

Only a geek , I believe, would fiddle with their watch instead of retrieving their phone from their pocket.

Or am I missing something.

I will be having a six, mainly though as I haven enjoyed my 3 month android jaunt.

I think the watch looks a very impressive gadget however not a product I could see myself buying.

As I understand it, for the watch to work you must have your iPhone on your person????

Only a geek , I believe, would fiddle with their watch instead of retrieving their phone from their pocket.

Or am I missing something.

I will be having a six, mainly though as I haven enjoyed my 3 month android jaunt.

You're not missing anything afaic. Most people got excited about the pebble 2 and a half years back but quickly realised it's style over function.

Apple might be able to re-imagine it, but nothing I've seen suggests they have come up with remarkable new applications for it.

I hate wearing a watch anyway. They all sit in a draw at home.

I've worn a watch since I was about 8 and due to a bit of a rash this last week, I've only been able to put it back on this morning and its a great relief. Being a tech geek I've been looking at the various options this year and though I was tempted by the pebble steel, I'm still not convinced anyone has done enough just yet.