iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

If I were to do it again I'd go for the 6. The Plus is just a bit too large for my liking. It's not too big to carry around in my pocket it's just difficult to work one-handed which could interrupt your ability to post while driving.

Why not sell it. They're going for more than retail on ebay.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were to do it again I'd go for the 6. The Plus is just a bit too large for my liking. It's not too big to carry around in my pocket it's just difficult to work one-handed which could interrupt your ability to post while driving.

You can do the double tap (not press) on the home button to bring down the top half of the screen if you need it

I'll probably get used to it. The ones on ebay are unused, plus by the time they take their 10% I'd just about make my money back.

You also have 14 days in which to return it to apple for a refund.

Once you notify us of your intent to return, simply return the product with the original receipt and original packaging to us within 14 days. Once we pick up the product or, in the event you are delivering the product to the carrier, we receive the product or proof that it has been shipped, we’ll provide you with a refund based on the original payment method within 14 days.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Aye those little sausage fingers. :lol: it's nice that you're sharing the fruits of your frantic "how can I get myself out of this" research with ewerk though.

No not at all. :lol:

I thought you thought I was on the waiting list and trying to get Ewerk to return his so I could get it!!!!!

I havent bought one yet. Spent the money from the HTC on something else so making do with the 4s (which is like falling in love all over again).

I wont be buying the plus though. ;)

:lol: misunderstanding, but my point stands. ;)

What you need is to look around on the Internet for an idiot's guide to switching from ios to Android. You could export your Apple contacts, import them to gmail and maintain them online or on your phone exactly as you do with your iPhone. Same goes for your calendar.

You can upload your music collection to the cloud (from iTunes!) and play it all through Play Music on your Android.

Basically you can do everything you can do with an iPhone for a fraction of the cost. You just need to invest a couple of hours in working out how.

:lol: misunderstanding, but my point stands. ;)

What you need is to look around on the Internet for an idiot's guide to switching from ios to Android. You could export your Apple contacts, import them to gmail and maintain them online or on your phone exactly as you do with your iPhone. Same goes for your calendar.

You can upload your music collection to the cloud (from iTunes!) and play it all through Play Music on your Android.

Basically you can do everything you can do with an iPhone for a fraction of the cost. You just need to invest a couple of hours in working out how.

Androids been run out of town and what be coming back. Im an apple lifer.

Ah sorry, I thought you meant just apps in general were convoluted. Aye I concede on the backup point. There are ways to do it, but there isn't one quick and easy solution, although I've never looked into it either tbf.

The UI on titanium is dreadful.

Why do you need to backup anything?

When I've got a new phone I've used Bluetooth to transfer contacts supplemented by PC sync to outlook. Apps I've always reinstalled and set back up if needed.

I've always used SD cards for my music so haven't bothered with cloud stuff but I still don't see extensive backup requirements.

Why do you need to backup anything?

When I've got a new phone I've used Bluetooth to transfer contacts supplemented by PC sync to outlook. Apps I've always reinstalled and set back up if needed.

I've always used SD cards for my music so haven't bothered with cloud stuff but I still don't see extensive backup requirements.

Reinstall and re-setup all my Apps? that'd take fucking ages.

I backed up my iPhone 5 on iTunes with 1 button click, switched to my iPhone 6 and synced it from the backup, all music, all contacts, all apps on and set back up with 2 button clicks.

Reinstall and re-setup all my Apps? that'd take fucking ages.

I backed up my iPhone 5 on iTunes with 1 button click, switched to my iPhone 6 and synced it from the backup, all music, all contacts, all apps on and set back up with 2 button clicks.

I suppose the number of apps is the key - I probably only use 10-15 that require accounts etc so its not too bad - I also consider this process part of the fun of getting a new phone - seeing how the apps work etc.

There aren't a lot tbf. The only pain for me is setting up podcast downloads again. Other than that my contacts are all synced with Google.

My apps just reinstall automatically anyway.

I'm not happy with my podcast option at the moment. They download ok but the resume of podcasts is horrible as it doesn't seem to integrate well with the OS and as a result it's difficult to keep track of what I'm up to. I'm using the Sony Podcast 'app' which is nestled inside Walkman music player (I added a shortcut direct to the podcast section).

What are you using?

I've tried both and beyondpod is a shambles with a car Bluetooth system. Totally fucks up if someone rings you and you end up with two streams of audio playing once you hang up. Completely unacceptable.

Check out the GRC thread btw and get on Stevie's bike ride next year. @@Tooj