Wigan Athletic vs Newcastle United

Tom

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the same when we played wigan earlier in the season, but they are just a better version of where we're heading

comparing the two lineups:

kirklands a canny keeper but shay's about as good a shot stopper as you get

their defence looks so solid against a poor strikeforce. no world beaters, but compare it with the way bassong and collicini (didn't) deal with heskey and zaki

valencia is like gutierrez butt with the ability to zip past the full back and get a decent ball in.

cattermole/brown is a non incredibly shit version of butt

taylor is pretty ordinary, but consistent unlike zoggy, and not shit unlike duff

zaki and heskey are both proper workhorses... maybe not the skill of viduka, the wile of owen, or the pace of martins, but will give trouble to any defence.... especially hours.

its sad that I feel we're about 4 players away from matching wigan

2 wins do not a revolution make......:lol:

Viduka and Butt have both had it.

Butt clearly wins Man of the Match. Mick Dean is officially a Mickey Mouse referee.

Depressed.

We basically packed out half of that shit ground. Pat on the back from the support, they deserved more than that shite!!

I thought the same when we played wigan earlier in the season, but they are just a better version of where we're heading

their defence looks so solid against a poor strikeforce. no world beaters, but compare it with the way bassong and collicini (didn't) deal with heskey and zaki

valencia is like gutierrez butt with the ability to zip past the full back and get a decent ball in.

taylor is pretty ordinary, but consistent unlike zoggy, and not shit unlike duff

zaki and heskey are both proper workhorses... maybe not the skill of viduka, the wile of owen, or the pace of martins, but will give trouble to any defence.... especially hours.

neither does one loss, away from home on boxing Day.

it's been 20 years hasn't it?

the reactions on here would have you believe we were 20th, not 12th

p.s. 2-1 Guthrie

here we go 2-1. kinnear has his "blame the ref for denying us a point" card to play now

p.s. anyone getting their only joy by hearing egg-zogbia from the co-commentator

(egg, i said egg..... for all the lee and herring fans out there)

Its gone from Ex-ogbia to egg-zogbia, and he takes about 5 seconds bracing himself to pronounce soemones name

Edited by JonGoodwyn

well, we're not going to be far off the bottom 3

plus, under kinnear we've outplayed villa for 45 mins, portsmouth for 45 mins, west brom for about 30 mins, and wigan for 30 mins with 10 men. we definitely haven't bossed anyone as convincingly as wigan have to us for the 150 mins we've been 11 vs 11 (debatable with duff and butt on our team).

our points haul has been better than we've deserved... even if we nick a point here somehow

p.s. fuck off duff

neither does one loss, away from home on boxing Day.

it's been 20 years hasn't it?

the reactions on here would have you believe we were 20th, not 12th

p.s. 2-1 Guthrie

still 12th, shit day for the players, but we're always shit on boxing day.

Hopefully key players will be back for the bin dippers, but if they're not 100% I wouldn't risk them.

save them for games that follow.

The win to West Ham doesn't help our cause ... at least Mackems v. Rovers and the Spurs game ended as draws!

I still think it'll be Baggies, Stoke and West Ham that'll go down.

However, we (or Blackburn) could be taking the Hammers' spot if we ain't careful.