Ashley: club is not for sale

smoggeordie

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Ashley, Owner of Newcastle United Football Club, today announced that the football club has been taken off the market. Speaking in the club's match day magazine he announced today's news and that he was committing to the club as its Owner.

The club had retained Keith Harris from Seymour Pierce to look at interested parties and there has been considerable interest over the last two months. However, Mike Ashley has decided to end the current uncertainty now to allow the club to continue to progress under the new management team led by Joe Kinnear.

Mike Ashley, Owner of Newcastle Footballl Club, said:

"I am happy to end the uncertainty fans may have had about the future direction of Newcastle United.

"I know just how important that is to you.

"I have withdrawn Newcastle United from the market, and for me 2009 will be the year in which we drive the Club forward together. Even when I haven't been at games I have remained a keen supporter, kicking and heading every ball and cheering the team on TV and being the first to congratulate Joe whenever there's a good result.

"When I took the decision to put the Club up for sale in September I made a point of saying two things were very important.

"Firstly, any potential buyer would have to show they had the best interests of Newcastle United at heart and had both the commitment and finance to be worthy custodians of such a fine football club before I would even consider doing a deal.

"And secondly, I gave you my word that as long as I remain owner, this Club would continue to be run responsibly at all levels. I hope you will accept that I have stood by that pledge."

For 'club run responsibly' read 'I will mostly be spending fuck all money at any stage'. My take on it is that he couldn't find a mug to pay the ridiculously inflated price he wanted, so he's going back to running the club like one of his discount stores. Woop-de doo's all around

Far removed from whether we are happy or not, I am most definitely not, his timing is appalling.

The club knew fine well that we'd arranged SBR day today and that the fans voices we're going to be directed in tribute to a great man - even the Liverpool fans are with us on that one. In essence he's asked us to choose between going with what we've planned and what we now feel.

The man's an absolute cunt - more so now. If he does ever want to be accepted then surely Wise should go?

For 'club run responsibly' read 'I will mostly be spending fuck all money at any stage'. My take on it is that he couldn't find a mug to pay the ridiculously inflated price he wanted, so he's going back to running the club like one of his discount stores. Woop-de doo's all around

Couldn't agree more with every word. He'll be laying off staff, buying dirt cheap stock and having bargain sales asap

BTW I'm staying in the apartments next to Tilley's Bar... Not many people walking up the hill to moan thankfully...

Last thing we need to see now is the chav mongs. Today is about SBR and it should remain that way. Leave any demos for the next home game.

Far removed from whether we are happy or not, I am most definitely not, his timing is appalling.

The club knew fine well that we'd arranged SBR day today and that the fans voices we're going to be directed in tribute to a great man - even the Liverpool fans are with us on that one. In essence he's asked us to choose between going with what we've planned and what we now feel.

The man's an absolute cunt - more so now. If he does ever want to be accepted then surely Wise should go?

You can just see the picture bylines.

Toon fans twirled their scarfs in joy at Ashley's announcement to stay!

Whoever he's employing to do his PR is gold (cunt).

This is great news IMO.

The fact that he's said it at the start of the transfer window must mean he's taking our lack of fit players seriously. If he wasn't intending to spend, he'd have cynically made this statement at the end of the window.

Also, it means he's going to do everything he can to make sure Owen stays, so I'm relieved that that issue will get resolved.

Well done Mike, looking forward to some top players coming in and watching us move up the table where we belong. Nice to see you've given up on trying to do everything on the cheap.

:unsure:

Couldn't agree more with every word. He'll be laying off staff, buying dirt cheap stock and having bargain sales asap

...but he's said he's a true fan! That means he's going to see that we need some quality and start using the healthy income the club has to recruit some top players. After all, these scouts were more important than our Messiah Manager...he MUST have a plan to let these boys show what they can do!

I can't wait for the good times to start at St James's. WOO HOO!!

100% agree, Ashley is a waste of space. I will now cancel my ddr and come next season, if he's still the owner, will not renew my ST. There is no way Ashley will move the club forward. After 50 years supporting NUFC this is the most disenchanted, pissed off and loads more I fail to describe.

I refuse to put any more money into Ashley's pocket, even after refusing to spend in his shop etc, I notice the numbers creeping back into his bars, cafes, shops etc. total disgrace, the man had no intention of selling, priced too high to even attract serious buyers.

...but he's said he's a true fan! That means he's going to see that we need some quality and start using the healthy income the club has to recruit some top players. After all, these scouts were more important than our Messiah Manager...he MUST have a plan to let these boys show what they can do!

For a second there I thought you were serious

that is exactlly what i was thinking, of all the fucking days to do this he picks today!!!

that is exactlly what i was thinking, of all the fucking days to do this he picks today!!!

The bloke has no class whatsoever, the complete opposite of SBR

Well you've convinced me

'Ave a 'eart me ole China, it''s cam straight from ver 'orses maff. Would he lie to us?

ccc02.jpg

'Ave a 'eart me ole China, it''s cam straight from ver 'orses maff. Would he lie to us?

ccc02.jpg

Damn those fake cockernees

Well lets see what the future brings, Im not happy about the thought of him staying but at the moment this club needs stability. He now has no excuse not to invest in the transfer market.

As for the timing well hes a cunt. Only two things can come of this, either any protests are muted or the day is ruined and he can claim we're all bastards because we didnt even observe the SBR day.

I do hate the bloke with a passion.