Gerrard banged up

sandman02uk

It'll probably turn out to be something out of nothing like. If he's caught on CCTV punching the shit out of someone when he's supposed to be injured and already has an assault trial hanging over his head we can start making comparisons with Barton.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just because she looks good doesn't mean she's any good in bed.

fat girls try harder and so do dwarves.

Total myth that like. Not that I can say I've ever shagged a dwarf like or a bird with a load of chunk, but good looking lasses do tend to be canny good in bed like.

As if you'd know. :unsure:

I think it's referring to the media mob sensationalising Barton's story and calling for ridiculous punishment.

Cheers Tom, I hadn't picked up on that.

Having just seen a picture of his wife, I have to wonder why so many footballers end up with transvestites? :icon_lol:

Billy Furious referred to her as looking like "A shark in a wig"

:unsure:

just because she looks good doesn't mean she's any good in bed.

fat girls try harder and so do dwarves.

Total myth that like. Not that I can say I've ever shagged a dwarf like or a bird with a load of chunk, but good looking lasses do tend to be canny good in bed like.

As if you'd know. :icon_lol:

:unsure:

It'll probably turn out to be something out of nothing like. If he's caught on CCTV punching the shit out of someone when he's supposed to be injured and already has an assault trial hanging over his head we can start making comparisons with Barton.

Agree with this and tbf we know fuck all at the moment about what went on(*). Being charged suggests that the CPS feel they've got something they can use against him but even then it's not clear cut at this stage that he's guilty of something.

What riles me is the inconsistancy of the FA. Some of you are naturally making comparisions to the incident with Joey Barton last year. More comparable is the incident with Jonathan Woodgate and Lee Bowyer about 6-7 years ago. They were both charged with assault, actioning actual bodily harm and affray - exactly the same as Gerrard has been charged with now.

Back then though, the FA decreed that being charged with such offence was reason enough to exclude both players from selection from the England squad. Yet this time, they don't feel the need to exclude Gerrard from selection. Can only lead to one of 4 assumptions:

1) They've had some exclusive insight into both incidents and are able to differentiate between the two.

2) They feel they've 'learned from their mistakes' in excluding Bowyer and Woodgate until they were tried.

3) They feel that as Gerrard's incident had no racial connertations, it doesn't deem action as strong.

4) They feel that Steven Gerrard would be a bigger performance loss to England than the other two were.

We all know they'll argue that it's point number 2 when in reality it's almost certainly point number 4. They're still spineless fuckers, despite all that's gone before...

(* - FWIW I've used this same argument with the scousers who are absolutely insistent that Gerrard is innocent...)

• 6 months later...

Looks like Steeeeeeeeeeeevie Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee could be in the shit

Linky

Gerrard 'struck with boxer speed'

Steven Gerrard had been celebrating a win over Newcastle United

Liverpool footballer Steven Gerrard "totally lost it" and hit a man "with the style and speed of a boxer" during a row over music, a court has heard.

Marcus McGee, 34, was assaulted by the England midfielder when he refused to hand over control of a CD player at the Lounge Inn, Southport, it was alleged.

Mr Gerrard, 29, took offence when the businessman refused the request, said David Turner QC, prosecuting.

Mr Gerrard, on trial at Liverpool Crown Court, denies affray.

The midfielder, of Formby, had been celebrating Liverpool's 5-1 Premier League win over Newcastle United at the Lounge Inn in the early hours of on 29 December 2008.

Mr Gerrard was with friends when his party clashed with Mr McGee.

David Turner QC, prosecuting, told the court Mr Gerrard asked Mr McGee for a card that controlled the CD player, saying: "Here y'are lad. Give me that lad."

Mr Turner said: "Mr McGee took offence at his attitude and the expression 'lad' and he refused.

Steven Gerrard joined in the attack with a succession of well aimed uppercut punches

David Turner QC

Prosecuting

"Not many people on Merseyside, or indeed anywhere else, would refuse a request from Steven Gerrard but Mr McGee did.

"He (Mr Gerrard) walked away back to his party but the CCTV shows how much his mood had changed."

After about six minutes Mr Gerrard returned to the victim and confronted him, the court heard.

Mr McGee, who was in charge of music for the night, stood up to Mr Gerrard and the pair were head-to-head, the court was told.

One of Mr Gerrard's friends, John Doran, who has admitted affray, pushed Mr McGee away but "could not resist following through with his right elbow into Mr McGee's face", said Mr Turner.

"We say at this stage Gerrard totally lost it," he said.

'Lost self-control'

"Almost immediately after the blow from John Doran, in fact within seconds, Steven Gerrard joined in the attack with a succession of well aimed uppercut punches delivered with the style and speed of a professional boxer rather than a professional footballer."

Mr Turner said there "was no doubt" Mr Gerrard struck Mr McGee and said the issue for the jury to decide was whether he was acting in self-defence.

He said: "Steven Gerrard is a world class footballer. He has the honour to be captain of Liverpool FC and to play for England.

"He is a star. He is Liverpool born and bred and here on Merseyside is a hero.

"We do not say that Mr Gerrard is normally an arrogant man, we don't say that he is a bully.

"What we do say is that that night he just lost his self control and joined in an attack which should never have taken place. He let himself down."

The jury watched CCTV footage that showed Mr Gerrard and his friends dancing, singing and drinking in The Lounge Inn.

It showed the footballer talking to Mr McGee at the bar for 23 seconds, then Mr Doran elbowing him, and then Mr Gerrard apparently throwing punches.

Mr Doran, 29, of Woodlands Road, Ian Gerrard Smith, 19, of Hilary Avenue and Paul McGrattan, 31, of Linden Drive, all Huyton, admit affray.

Accrington Stanley footballers Robert Grant, 19, of Enstone Avenue, Litherland, and Ian Dunbavin, 28, of Guildford Road, Southport, also admitted affray.

John McGrattan, 34, of Rimmer Avenue, Huyton, admitted threatening behaviour after denying affray.

The trial continues.

Apparently caught on camera too!

He'd just had a few too many, can happen to anyone, totally out of character, visits kiddies with cancer, calm down, best midfielder in the world, Liverpool's own.

Oh, he wanted R&B on? Hang the evil bastard.

The guilty verdicts, leaving him as the only one on trial, should mean if convicted he'll get something good. I had thought he was looking good for a let-off but now I'm hopeful.

He'd just had a few too many, can happen to anyone, totally out of character, visits kiddies with cancer, calm down, best midfielder in the world, Liverpool's own.

Oh, he wanted R&B on? Hang the evil bastard.

no, worse than that, he wanted Phil Collins — his all time favourite! :rolleyes: hanging is too good for him.

Book should be thrown - he's denied affray despite all the others admitting it and there's CCTV to back it all up.

He's even admitted to throwing punches - no way in hell was it self defence. Be interesting to see how this pans out. No way it'll be the end of his Liverpool career because unlike Barton, he hasn't offended time and time again.

That's not to say he's not guilty though.

Book should be thrown - he's denied affray despite all the others admitting it and there's CCTV to back it all up.

He's even admitted to throwing punches - no way in hell was it self defence. Be interesting to see how this pans out. No way it'll be the end of his Liverpool career because unlike Barton, he hasn't offended time and time again.

I'd give him 6 months inside with 1 yr suspended. <_< JudgeParky© has spoken.

Perhaps throw in a 200,000 to a charity of the victims choice.

I'd give him 6 months inside with 1 yr suspended. <_< JudgeParky© has spoken.

Perhaps throw in a 200,000 to a charity of the victims choice.

Sounds more than fair but he won't get a custodial sentence due to it being his first offence.