Lost

Sir Bob Almighty!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please explain to me whats going on in Lost?

Probably not, but I'll give it a shot! <_<

Why do they need to go back to the island?

Like pretty much everything else on the show, it's not been fully explained yet, but it seems as though the Oceanic 6 were not meant to leave when Ben turned the big ice wheel in last season's finale, so the theory is the island is skipping around in time because the O6 are not present. Ben and Co. want them to go back to the island so it'll stop flailing about like Jose Enrique trying to call offisdes.

whats the three toed statue for?

It has not been officially revealed. There is a ton of speculation about it on the net. Personally, I think it's a monument to/ of the natives from the island (like Alpert?).

How can Locke walk?

The island appears to have healing properties, at least when it comes to Locke. He's been shot a couple of times now and turns out to be fine in a few hours/ days. As to why exactly, who knows, but apparently the island wants him to walk, so he can walk. It probably has something to do with him being the leader of The Others/ Jacob/ whatever.

Those are some damn good answers fella B)

Ive watched every single episode since series 1 and I'm so lost with it!

Join the club. :razz:

I get the feeling this show is just the writers having a laugh inventing more shite to get keep us tuning in and then it will just end without telling us anything!

I think the first season was somewhat mapped out- at least to a storyboard level. Maybe they didn't have every detail worked out, but I think a lot of it was. Not wanting to repeat a Twin Peaks kind of deal where once viewers got to see who killed Laura Palmer they stopped watching, the writers just kept on introducing new stuff. Around season 4, the powers that be realized they'd introduced too much crazy shit and they needed to start wrapping things up. This is when everyone sat down and decided there would be six seasons of LOST. With everyone on the same page, they could start wrapping up small stuff, but have a solid timeframe on when to make the big reveals and not risk the Laura Palmer phenomenon.

Anyone got any theories to whats going on? lol

Sure. They're bad and usually dispelled by anyone who watches the show closer than me, but I've got some. B)

I gave up a few episodes into the second series, dunno how you are all still watching it! Farrrrr too many characters.

Most of my mates did the same as you, usually when i start watching something though no matter how much it pisses me off i have to see it through, its a disease :|

I gave up a few episodes into the second series, dunno how you are all still watching it! Farrrrr too many characters.

Most of my mates did the same as you, usually when i start watching something though no matter how much it pisses me off i have to see it through, its a disease :|

Tbf I did something similar with Dexter, forced myself through the second series even though I was losing interest and ended up really liking the third series. B)

Just been having a browse through the Lost stuff on Wikipedia.. how confusing please. <_<

Tbf I did something similar with Dexter, forced myself through the second series even though I was losing interest and ended up really liking the third series. B)

Just been having a browse through the Lost stuff on Wikipedia.. how confusing please. <_<

Dexter is absolute quality, did you not enjoy the crack when Doakes found out Dexter was the killer?

The more i read on Lost the more confused i get, theres a whole forum about it that i found on tv.com, theres some real eggheads getting into the debate about climate changes and seismic shifts and such, thats when you know your getting in too deep :razz:

Just been having a browse through the Lost stuff on Wikipedia.. how confusing please. :razz:

Dexter is absolute quality, did you not enjoy the crack when Doakes found out Dexter was the killer?

The more i read on Lost the more confused i get, theres a whole forum about it that i found on tv.com, theres some real eggheads getting into the debate about climate changes and seismic shifts and such, thats when you know your getting in too deep B)

Aye I ended up really enjoying Dexter, for some reason though I found the second series a struggle to sit down and watch.. glad I did though. <_<

No doubt- even when LOST has been shit, it's still better than 90% of what else is on.

For what it's worth, I didn't really think Season 3 was bad at the time. I do now because it all feels so tacked-on and unnecessary. Hopefully, that will change in the future and even Season 3 will become important.

Can't believe people still think they're winging it like, considering they've had to deny it for the past 3 seasons and it's quite obviously building to a conclusion.

I think they know what their going to do

Lost is the best thing ever to come out of U.S. televisual mindfuck.

Cobblers.

You said that about Mi6 although you are blatantly clueless about the subject. :nufc:

Read up on Bakri, Hamsa, The Finsbury park mosque, Haroon Aswat, Tanweer.

C15 Night flights into Chechnya and SAS/CIa training of AL Kidder in Bosnia.

Oh yes it's coffee mornings all round.

But I digress.

Lost is beautiful and imo a television landmark.

Edited by Park Life

Cobblers.

You said that about Mi6 although you are blatantly clueless about the subject. :nufc:

You blatantly make stuff up. :lol:

Cobblers.

You blatantly make stuff up. :lol:

The New Criminologist.

http://www.newcriminologist.co.uk/news.asp?id=1124824797

London Bombing ringleader, Haroon Rashid Aswat - double agent for MI6?

Published on 23 August 2005 .. Author BERRY-DEE, Christopher.

In a lengthy statement that will send shockwaves around the world, John

Loftus, a terrorism expert and a former prosecutor for the US Justice

Department, has publically revealed that the so called mastermind of the 7/7

London Bombings, Haroon Rashid Aswat, is a British 'Intelligence Asset'.

A TNC US-based source has sent us extraordinary fully verifiable

information, along with a filmed interview during which Loftus makes his

accusations.

We are double-checking with our contact - a former long-time colleague of

former FBI Counter Terrorism Special Agent and Al-Qaeda hunter, John

O'Neill, who died in the 9/11 Twin Towers disaster.

Former Justice Dept. prosecutor and terror expert, John Loftus, revealed

that the so-called Al-Muhajiroun group, based in London had formed during

the Kosovo crisis, during which Fundamentalist Muslim Leaders (Or what is

now referred to as Al Qaeda) were recruited by MI6 to fight in Kosovo.

This is the key book, frightening and uncomfortable reading is so far how far our security

services are embedded in the Al Kidder London machinery.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/London-Bombings-In...y/dp/0715635832