Lost

Sir Bob Almighty!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you really need to watch it from the start for character development as well really. Just, I'd ignore the stuff with Libby. They're not returning to that.

What happened to Walt?

Sorry to resurrect this thread from the dead but did anyone see the latest Lost?

they went back to a time when the fucking statue was there but it only showed it from the back!!

I nearly trashed the telly. B)

According to one of the fanboys of N-O it's the same as a real life statue that is supposed to protect pregnant women. It would explain why they have no problem having kids whenever the statue is intact.

That cant be right though because they are stuck in 1974 at the moment and Juliet just delivered that baby and the statue isnt there in 1974.

Plus if it was the statue the whole baby issue wouldnt be so hard for them to work out.

Yeah, you really need to watch it from the start for character development as well really. Just, I'd ignore the stuff with Libby. They're not returning to that.

Him and Michael left the island, Walt was allowed to continue his life as normal living with his grand parents, but Ben had other plans for Michael.....

• 2 weeks later...
So Sayid busted a cap in Lil' Ben's ass. Discuss. :lol:

Thank God? I've been waiting for Ben to get killed for ages. Of course, this kinda ruins Faraday's little "we can't change anything" theory.

Well, he ain't dead yet.

(Although for a kid to take even a 9mm round to the chest and live? Well...)

What happened to Walt?

Probably deafened

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoneoneeeleven

What happened to Walt?

Probably deafened

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoneoneeeleven

This.

:lol:

So Sayid busted a cap in Lil' Ben's ass. Discuss. :icon_lol:

We are a week behind so a few less spoilers please :lol:

Oh man! I'm sorry!

One of the sites I visit said you guys didn't get "the week off" when we had a re-run a few weeks back. Thought we together now.

No more spoilers from me, man. Truly sorry. <_<

I would theorize that Ben had to kill Locke because if Locke took his own life that would be a mortal sin (for lack of a better phrase. In a lot of religions it's obviously 'not cool' to kill yourself) and the Island wouldn't allow him to return. It also gave Ben the best option for making the return to the Island flight as like the original Oceanic flight as possible, and conviced Jack of the need to go back.

re: the last episode, I very much doubt Ben is dead. Not even in the past, yet. Any money you like Jack is talked into saving Ben (again).

Ben won't be dead. If Locke can walk and rise from the dead because the island deems him important enough, then Ben won't be dead. He can't be if he existed in the future anyway - thats the paradox.

Ben won't be dead. If Locke can walk and rise from the dead because the island deems him important enough, then Ben won't be dead. He can't be if he existed in the future anyway - thats the paradox.

Aye.

Jacob won't allow it.

It is still the temple (smoke monster) v the machines (electromagnetism) for me. Yes perhaps on another level they are connected.

I would theorize that Ben had to kill Locke because if Locke took his own life that would be a mortal sin (for lack of a better phrase. In a lot of religions it's obviously 'not cool' to kill yourself) and the Island wouldn't allow him to return.

Surely murder is a mortal sin and would prevent Ben from returning to the island?

Something occurred to me whilst I was making a brew. Have I imagined this - but didn't one of the previous episodes in the series (just before the break IIRC) show Locke alive and well on the island after plane crash #2. I seem to recall the episode ending with Ben lying unconscious in a bed and some bloke asking Locke who he was. Locke replied "thats the man who killed me".

So if I have this right, there is an unconscious Ben in Locke's time, an unconscious Ben on the beach after Sunn hit him with an oar and a shot boy-Ben in 1977 with Jack et al?

Gets about a bit doesnt he?

BTW - acquiring previous seasons so I can do some catching up. Really getting into this now and I can see there is so much I am not getting - partly cos thats the way they write it and partly cos I've missed loads.

I would theorize that Ben had to kill Locke because if Locke took his own life that would be a mortal sin (for lack of a better phrase. In a lot of religions it's obviously 'not cool' to kill yourself) and the Island wouldn't allow him to return.

Surely murder is a mortal sin and would prevent Ben from returning to the island?

Well, Sayid has returned and he's murdered a few by all accounts.

Something tells me Ben killed Locke because he's a threat to him in some way (or maybe it's jealousy? Locke seems to be connected to the island and plays a big part - Ben doens't like sharing?). Locke had served his purpose, or maybe Ben gussed eh could finished the job Locke started.

Problem with this is - Locke knew he was going to die in order to get the others back. Therefore, it must have been scripted (I dont mean by the writers lol) that Locke would die. Presumably Ben was tasked with doing that. I can't help but think that Jack having to get his dad's shoes in the casket will have some significance too. Hopefully more than just Jack's dad needing new shoes lol

Questions, questions questions......

Something occurred to me whilst I was making a brew. Have I imagined this - but didn't one of the previous episodes in the series (just before the break IIRC) show Locke alive and well on the island after plane crash #2. I seem to recall the episode ending with Ben lying unconscious in a bed and some bloke asking Locke who he was. Locke replied "thats the man who killed me".

So if I have this right, there is an unconscious Ben in Locke's time, an unconscious Ben on the beach after Sunn hit him with an oar and a shot boy-Ben in 1977 with Jack et al?

The scene with Ben lying unconscious in the bed occurred after Sun had knocked him out so chances are that some of the other survivors found him and took him to their makeshift hospital.

Well, Sayid has returned and he's murdered a few by all accounts.

Something tells me Ben killed Locke because he's a threat to him in some way (or maybe it's jealousy? Locke seems to be connected to the island and plays a big part - Ben doens't like sharing?). Locke had served his purpose, or maybe Ben gussed eh could finished the job Locke started.

Problem with this is - Locke knew he was going to die in order to get the others back. Therefore, it must have been scripted (I dont mean by the writers lol) that Locke would die. Presumably Ben was tasked with doing that. I can't help but think that Jack having to get his dad's shoes in the casket will have some significance too. Hopefully more than just Jack's dad needing new shoes lol

Questions, questions questions......

Aye, I think Ben just thought that once he'd got the woman's name then he had no further use for Locke and wanted rid of him because he was a threat. I don't think Ben that Locke had to die but it was Locke's fate.

The scene with Ben lying unconscious in the bed occurred after Sun had knocked him out so chances are that some of the other survivors found him and took him to their makeshift hospital.

Really? That would make sense like. I guess I hadn't put those pieces together because that scene happened before we saw him get knocked out. I guess the fact Ben has the cuts on his face shows he's in the same timezone as Locke, Sun et al.