Lost

Sir Bob Almighty!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have watched two episodes of this series and gave up on it, a parcel of shit. Love the way shafted everyone by announcing another finale for Monday, expect a two hour film to follow as they clearly haven't a fucking clue what they are doing.

It could have been an excellent show if they wrapped it up in 3 seasons.

didn't they explain that it was written to be X amount of episodes long and due to good ratings, the network wanted to drag it out. Leading tonthe writes having a story plotted out, but having to fill out the missing pieces?

Regardless, I watched 1 episode and found the bait and switch retarded and never watched again.

Got to confess that I'll be one of those 'geeks' watching it at 5am.

If it wasn't a two parter I may have been too but, alas, I'll need to leave for work midway through the second part.

I liked it. Show's had serious theologic shit running through it forever but I can see why people won't.

Though if this show was all about the characters, they probably shouldn't have set it on a magical island full of intriguing mystery and then complain when people demanded answers to said mysteries.

I liked it. Show's had serious theologic shit running through it forever but I can see why people won't.

Though if this show was all about the characters, they probably shouldn't have set it on a magical island full of intriguing mystery and then complain when people demanded answers to said mysteries.

I get a little worked up about that- the producers going, "oh, the show's about the characters; the show's about having faith... it's a show about love."

Yeah. Cause nothing says, "Love" like time-traveling, Fibonacci sequences, and smoke monsters.

I got to the end of Series 2 but every episode just seemed to throw up more questions than answers. I quite liked that about it in the 1st Series, but just couldn't be arsed with it anymore after the 2nd.

I never bothered with it - I had the first series ready to watch but got the feeling it was a making it up as you go along kind of deal whcih I don't like.

I don't mind series which fit character development and filler episodes into season or series long arcs but if its sold as a series with a cunning plan then it has to make sense and I get the impression Lost wasn't tight enough on that basis.

The thing is that Lost was right on the edge of the curve with its mix of mythology and time travel and the redemtive cycle...It's really hard to grind that all down into a cumulative answers structure and deliver what people want. Not what they are even aware they want, but the standardisation of opionions and perceived needs they are informed and coerced into wanting as endgames or closure. You don't really know what you want anyway.

The thing is that Lost was right on the edge of the curve with its mix of mythology and time travel and the redemtive cycle...It's really hard to grind that all down into a cumulative answers structure and deliver what people want. Not what they are even aware they want, but the standardisation of opionions and perceived needs they are informed and coerced into wanting as endgames or closure. You don't really know what you want anyway.

I didn't watch lost but you can be quite a patronising fucker at times can't you? :D

My favourite bit of Lost was around seasons 2 and 3. After that got a little tedious. Season 6 was going to be the decider in terms of whether it would be epic or not. Bar a couple of good episodes I don't think they've really delivered. Meh, shame.

:D

Lost was just a mechanism to squeeze as many $$$ as possible from a piss weak concept. You of all people should wake up to this.

Trying to decided if it's the writers who didn't in the end have the intellectual capacity to deliver something more rewarding or whether they've held back cause the audience are too stooopid.

This is the case, I enjoyed it still.

I think it's more a case of there being some very interesting themes and ideas running through the show but the writers aren't really good enough to show it (see the heavy handed whispers explanation) or have said "you can interpret it yourself!" to avoid the difficult job of linking the themes to the characters. One could stretch to say that the "rules" between Jacob and MIB were just how they were conditioned and being told that hurting each other was wrong meant that they never did it for fear of the repercussion (like we're told that breaking the law is wrong, say) but it's a bit of a stretch to do so and it's probably just down to shoddy consistency in the writing.

As for the mysteries, the real problem wasn't that they didn't answer enough stuff, but rather that they put in so many mysteries that it would be impossible to neatly explain them all and still have time for the plot.

Still, a pretty interesting ride.

Having read the Guardian site it seems that Lost really is a bit shit, with a cop out ending. Glad I trusted my instincts and gave up when I did - they should have left it as remake of Forbidden Planet, which it was in the first series.

This seems to be a problem with many programs. Take Life on Mars for instance. After a great initial series the kerching sets in and they make a pointless follow up series, where I promptly lose interest. Booo.

Having read the Guardian site it seems that Lost really is a bit shit, with a cop out ending. Glad I trusted my instincts and gave up when I did - they should have left it as remake of Forbidden Planet, which it was in the first series.

This seems to be a problem with many programs. Take Life on Mars for instance. After a great initial series the kerching sets in and they make a pointless follow up series, where I promptly lose interest. Booo.

Lost isn't for people who need answers to every question that they face in life, on a daily basis.

I'm afraid Renton, that sounds just like you.