Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At half time non of the chasing 4 are winning! :)

Forest 0-0 Boro

Derby 0-0 Swansea

Cardiff 0-2 Barnsley

Plymouth 1-1 Leicester

Happy if it stays like that but i would love it if Derby, Boro and Plymouth could score a goal. :(

Forest 0-0 Boro

Derby 0-0 Swansea

Cardiff 0-2 Barnsley

Plymouth 1-1 Leicester

Happy if it stays like that but i would love it if Derby, Boro and Plymouth could score a goal. :(

Well realistically, it's only Forest and WBA.

If Cardiff win all their games, they are on 94 pts (the most of any of the other teams apart from the top 3).

It seems if we get to 95pts, we will be safe in promotion.

Forest 0-0 Boro

Derby 0-0 Swansea

Cardiff 0-2 Barnsley

Plymouth 1-1 Leicester

Well realistically, it's only Forest and WBA.

If Cardiff win all their games, they are on 94 pts (the most of any of the other teams apart from the top 3).

It seems if we get to 95pts, we will be safe in promotion.

Well yes but the more we move away from the chasing 4 the less people will doubt or worry about promotion...and in turn the more we can concentrate on winning this league as well as promotion.

Playing for Ireland doesn't in itself tbf. England are better than Ireland and look at some of the shite we've had in goal recently.

That's why i mentioned the other things, like you said in the players awards/teams of the year etc his name comes up, hes regarded as one of the best in one of the top leagues, which sort places him in the "one of the best in the world" list.

Put it this way, there's not many teams in the world he wouldn't be the first choice keeper in..

Why mention it then? :(

The other two things you mentioned don't make you world class either imo although it's a definition which is largely down to the individual so it's a bit moot. I really don't see how anyone could argue with the limitations Barney mentions though. This has been done to death anyway and I couldn't really give a fuck about Given's career any more.

Given is like Hoddle or Owen, the absolute best shotstopper (passer - finisher) in the game, which obscures the lack of ability in the rest of his game which stops him from becoming anywhere near a great. I think we are a better team with Harper in goal

Playing for Ireland doesn't in itself tbf. England are better than Ireland and look at some of the shite we've had in goal recently.

That's why i mentioned the other things, like you said in the players awards/teams of the year etc his name comes up, hes regarded as one of the best in one of the top leagues, which sort places him in the "one of the best in the world" list.

Put it this way, there's not many teams in the world he wouldn't be the first choice keeper in..

Why mention it then? :)

The other two things you mentioned don't make you world class either imo although it's a definition which is largely down to the individual so it's a bit moot. I really don't see how anyone could argue with the limitations Barney mentions though. This has been done to death anyway and I couldn't really give a fuck about Given's career any more.

Given is like Hoddle or Owen, the absolute best shotstopper (passer - finisher) in the game, which obscures the lack of ability in the rest of his game which stops him from becoming anywhere near a great. I think we are a better team with Harper in goal

:(

Does anyone know if/what channel Man City vs Liverpool is on? Can't find it in the schedules anywhere, oddly.

I don't think it is on tv Luke. I'd guess the commentary will be on 5live / Sports Extra / talksport. Other than that a stream?

Yep, full commentary on 5live. I expect they'll have Colin Murray, Alan Green, Lawro, Jan Molby and Spoony there for their usual unbiased reporting. :(

probably see villa murder burnley at 2pm but they'll both at least try to play, should be alright to watch

burnley 1-0 up

Villa spanking them now, 5-1

well...at least I was right