Other games

Park Life

Agreed for RWs I'd be taking Cole and Lennon

Milner as a central option, johnson should be going too can't keep sticking gerrard out there

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ST: Rooney, Agbonlahor, Crouch, Bent

RM: Lennon, Walcott

LM: A Johnson, J Cole

CM: Gerrard, Lampard, Milner, Barry

RB: G Johnson, Carragher

LB: A Cole, Warnock

CB: Ferdinand, Terry, King, Upson

GK: Hart, James, Green

Would be who I'd take. :lol:

Agbonlahor isnt even in the 30

You wouldnt take Defoe?

Nah, offers nothing different to the others I'd take really and he's been in average form the second half of this season.

Guest Barrack Road

You must be joking?

Is your hatred for all things Aston Villa shining through again Stevie? :lol: I do agree on this case mind you..... :icon_lol:

Crying shame if Adam Johnson goes home IMO. He's the equivalent of Owen (in 1998), Rooney (in 2004) and Walcott (in 2006). OK Walcott wasn't a success but the other two most definitely were. Johnson could be that extra dimension we could need if things aren't going well. I hope his place doesn't fall to (an unfit) Barry.

You must be joking?

I'd start with Rooney and Crouch, with Lennon on the right. Last 10/20 minutes, stick Walcott and Agbonlahor on for a bit of pace to take advantage.

You wouldnt take Defoe?

no way would I leave Defoe out.

Can score from anywhere and gets his fair share of lucky goals....Must have for a KO tournament.

Guest Barrack Road
Is your hatred for all things Aston Villa shining through again Stevie? :lol: I do agree on this case mind you..... :icon_lol:

Crying shame if Adam Johnson goes home IMO. He's the equivalent of Owen (in 1998), Rooney (in 2004) and Walcott (in 2006). OK Walcott wasn't a success but the other two most definitely were. Johnson could be that extra dimension we could need if things aren't going well. I hope his place doesn't fall to (an unfit) Barry.

NO mate :icon_lol: If you watch football for years like me and you, you see 50 players like Agbonlahor down the years. There's a clamour to get them in the squad because they're lightening quick, but what people forget is, he's actually shite. Usain Bolt couldn't get in the England squad, and nor should Agbonlahor. He has the first touch of a rapist, he's not someone you'd rely on to score one on ones, and he has a gormless head. Agbonlahor epitomises his era, the bling bling type of footballer you see these days, overpaid, over indulged, and he's such a tool, I saw him get on the Villa coach at the training ground on SSN a few months go, he turned his hand in to a gun, and shouted "WESTSIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE" to the camera, what a fuckin arsehole. I'd have 9 or 10 strikers in the squad before him.

Didn't deem this worthy of a thread, but when Newcastle are over in Dublin for the training camp, apparently there WILL be a friendly. 3 Dublin teams are currently vying to play them. Sporting Fingal are one and I think the other 2 are Bohemians and Shelbourne.

Seen them in (and win) that tournament I can't remember the name of that had Celtic, PSV and Derry, suppose it was in the late 90s, my main memory was Lionel Perez sitting near the bench being harassed by an endless stream of kids for an autograph. Think these were some of Beardsley's last games for us before leaving.

Was that the Carsberg tournament that Jimmy Crawford played in the final for us?

I saw them against Shamrock Rovers last year. As soon as I hear confirmation of the opposition, I'll lash it up here.

Was that the Carsberg tournament that Jimmy Crawford played in the final for us?

I saw them against Shamrock Rovers last year. As soon as I hear confirmation of the opposition, I'll lash it up here.

I think that's the one, I remember Tomasson and some random bloke from Germany who never played for us in the league looking good in it, would have been 1997 IIRC

strange hearing that commentary

"once that whistle goes it doesnt matter if its Zinedine Zidane or Mike Myers you just enjoy yourself"

i'm just praying bloody Ashley is not there with his chequebook!!

"we have signed a world famous defender, let me introduce to you...........................Ben Shepherd!"