Deadline day thread

Snake

I really do love deadline day. If only we had a journo that posted here like Bburn do...It is days like this that make me want to become a journalist, so give me a few years and maybe we will be able to get the inside scoop as well :razz:

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0950: Alan Smith and his rumoured loan move from Newcastle to Rangers is causing a bit of a rumpus on 606 and via texts on 81111. No chance say some, Rangers haven't got the money for his wages. Definitely happening insist others.

I cant see rangers putting up the money for him.

If theirs any truth in this its madness, sure he aint had the best of times so far but you'd think he'd be a typical kinneir player, and to get him back to fitness and then loan him out when we're already short on strikers is crazy

That's right, he probably is a typical Kinnear player, i.e. not very talented, picks up a booking every match, is committed but without anything to show for it and is generally useless.

10.37 A further update from Sky Sports News on Robbie Keane who believe Real Madrid's Argentine striker Javier Saviola has been in discussions with Spurs over a loan deal. However, if Tottenham's move for Keane is sucessful then Saviola could make the switch to Anfield.

I still don't get Benitez point - Keane isn't at his best, but when you want to win the title you need more than one decent striker (Torres).

Edited by KingKev

0950: Alan Smith and his rumoured loan move from Newcastle to Rangers is causing a bit of a rumpus on 606 and via texts on 81111. No chance say some, Rangers haven't got the money for his wages. Definitely happening insist others.

I cant see rangers putting up the money for him.

If theirs any truth in this its madness, sure he aint had the best of times so far but you'd think he'd be a typical kinneir player, and to get him back to fitness and then loan him out when we're already short on strikers is crazy

That's right, he probably is a typical Kinnear player, i.e. not very talented, picks up a booking every match, is committed but without anything to show for it and is generally useless.

He also likes to swear a lot...

I'm not sure how good Lennon actually is. He's been in and out of a shit Spurs side, and is a bit like Pennant. Bags of pace and no brain. His crossing is terrible too.

IIRC, when we had been linked with him in the past, not too many Spurs fans were bothered.

Going to be some bad news for Burnley today supposedly (from that guy at the Blackburn forums). Weren't we rumoured to be interested in one of their midfielders at some point?

Eagles who joined them from Man U is their best player, looked the shizzle against Spurs. Quick and full of tricks.

We've lodged a bid for Micheal Johnson. According to SSN: Why the fuck didnt we just add him in the Shay Given deal?

I think everyone is baffled by that one

Cos he's gonna cost about 8 mill, therefore we'd have had to gien them 2 mill plus shay. Which they could've done put it sounds like something else has fallen through so they have opted for Johnson at this late stage.