Adidas ditching The Toon

Guest Stevie

Seems like an odd time for a launch - 300 available from 2.30 suggests 3.30-4.00 ish for the actual launch.

Take it they're planning some stunt where they get a section of the ground with people wearing the new shirt and then use that to 'fill' the ground?

I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case for the Ipswich match, can't imagine which section of the ground it would be allocated to, possibly East Stand?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DO NOT shoot the messenger, but, ALLEGEDLY..

The home kit doesn't come out tomorrow. It will be the last of three kits to be released, and it wont be on sale until August.

The away kit (apparently white) and third kit (apparently royal blue) are being released in June. Something to do with contracts and Adidas.

This comes from a fairly reliable source, who's address and telephone number will appear on here if this turns out to be bullshit. ;)

Shame, I was hoping we'd have a variation on the yellow.

DO NOT shoot the messenger, but, ALLEGEDLY..

The home kit doesn't come out tomorrow. It will be the last of three kits to be released, and it wont be on sale until August.

The away kit (apparently white) and third kit (apparently royal blue) are being released in June. Something to do with contracts and Adidas.

This comes from a fairly reliable source, who's address and telephone number will appear on here if this turns out to be bullshit. ;)

That makes sense. They know the home kit will be the biggest seller no matter when it's launched but by launching the away kits first it should see them sell strongly too.

If the White Kit is done well it could be pretty awesome...

Much like this season's home shirt. Just a few tweaks away from being fantastic.

I think the Puma one will be more of the same. Frustratingly adequate.

Don't know about the rest of you but I cannot see the club releasing the away shirt before the home one - just doesn't make sense at all to me.

If it's on the grounds of licencing issues with adidas, then it shouldn't matter if it's black and white stripes, all white, royal blue, banana yellow or whatever.. it'll still be a shirt with the Newcastle United crest on it and Puma's logo instead of adidas.

That was my 1st thought too.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Puma can come up with actually. Adidas have gone off the boil in recent years imo. I've not really liked most of our kits for a while.

I heard the people meant to be doing the photoshoot couldn't make their timetable due to the cancellation of flights. They are based in the USA. So I heard. Also heard the kit won't be launched until July.

;)

From Mark Douglas (The Journal) Twitter

"No new #nufc kit today, according to club officials at Chris Hughton's press conference... Some time next week. "

I am sorry to announce that today's kit photo shoot has unfortunately had to be cancelled.

The recent travel issues resulting from the Icelandic volcano have caused serious logistical problems with the organisation of this launch and Newcastle United has been unable to make alternative arrangements at such short notice and at present there are no plans to reschedule this.

I would like to thank all of you that volunteered to take part in this launch and I am sorry for any disappointment caused as a result of this announcement.

Seriously man, how many other clubs have failed to stick to their intended launch date this week? Preston for example. What a fucking shambles.... :icon_lol:

;)

"No new #nufc kit today, according to club officials at Chris Hughton's press conference... Some time next week. "

I am sorry to announce that today's kit photo shoot has unfortunately had to be cancelled.

The recent travel issues resulting from the Icelandic volcano have caused serious logistical problems with the organisation of this launch and Newcastle United has been unable to make alternative arrangements at such short notice and at present there are no plans to reschedule this.

I would like to thank all of you that volunteered to take part in this launch and I am sorry for any disappointment caused as a result of this announcement.

Seriously man, how many other clubs have failed to stick to their intended launch date this week? Preston for example. What a fucking shambles.... :icon_lol:

Tbf, IF the photographers are from America (dunno why they would tbh when there's hundreds of professional photographers in the UK, let alone the NE), then flights from America to here still aren't flying yet are they, 'til next week...?

;)

The email asking season ticket holders to take part in the kit launch went out on the 16th. UK airspace was closed on the 15th. :icon_lol:

Was it cancelled today?