My family lives here

Steve

I've had a pretty shitty weekend to be honest with you, and I don't really know why I'm posting this but there are a few of you that know me so I guess this is my little memorial.

Australia has just gone through the worst natural disaster in its history. Over 160 dead and everyone I know there has told me that figures only going to go up. Victoria has been burnt badly, and while there are fires going through South Australia and New South Wales and floods in Queensland, these fires have ripped my home state to pieces.

My family lives in a small town just outside of Melbourne. It's not there anymore.

Click

Click

Click

My family are all safe and accounted for which when I finally got that call over 24 hours after hearing about evacuations was the greatest relief of my life. However like hundreds, if not thousands of others, they have lost their home.

So, everyone tell your family you love them. I thought I had missed my chance but was lucky. So many others haven't been.

Glad to hear you family are all safe Steve, despite the horror of the fires and the destruction they have caused, the only thing that matters is that they are safe.

Glad to hear your loved ones are safe there Steve. It is an absolute tragedy and to think many of the fires were started deliberately, as has been said by the Australian PM it is an act of mass murder. I really can't think of a worse way to go than being trapped in a car or house with fire on all sides. How can you live with yourself knowing you are responsible for such horror?

dy2052.gif

Just seen this thread. I live quite close to where the large red dot is up near Albury. These are the third fires which have threatened the area in recent times, the past two being in 06 and 03, but these ones are the ones that have done the most damage. Luckily at the moment most of them seem to be under some sort of control. The scary thing is that with weather patterns continuing as they are, they reckon these things are going to occur more regularly.