Chopra is dumped by his wife of seven months on Facebook

Jimbo

Footballer Michael Chopra has split with his wife of seven months after she dumped him on Facebook.

Heather Swan, 24, is said to have let her husband know their marriage was over by changing her status to single on the social networking site.

The former couple are now locked in a bitter war of words and the Sunderland striker, who earns £30,000-a-week, has updated his own page with the words: ‘Heather will have a new number tomorrow, ha ha,’ after cancelling her mobile phone contract.

Bitter split: Michael Chopra and his wife Heather Swan first separated just a month after their marriage but their latest break-up is said to be permanent

‘Things have been simmering ever since Michael went on loan to Cardiff. It's all pretty childish,’ a source is quoted as telling the Daily Mirror.

Chopra and Swan, who share one-year-old son Sebastian together, have had a stormy relationship and first separated just four weeks after their marriage.

The couple exchanged vows in front of 200 guests at a chapel built on an island within the 550-acre estate.

The aisle was strewn with white rose petals and lined with glowing glass candles.

Champagne flowed all night and there was the customary angel shaped ice sculpture gushing vodka.

But at breakfast, 30 overnight guests at the Victorian stately home witnessed the newlyweds openly arguing with each other.

The two, who had dated for seven years, continued to row on their honeymoon.

They remained together for the Italian leg of the holiday, but Miss Swan spent the second week - in the Caribbean - on her own.

Miss Swan, who has a diploma in musical theatre, spent months planning her wedding.

She told OK magazine: 'Michael isn't the hottest at organising, so I didn't trust him to do it.'

Guests at the purple and black themed bash included Newcastle United striker Shola Ameobi. Michael Owen and Alan Shearer were invited, but unable to attend.

Chopra, signed from Cardiff City for £5million last summer, was born in Newcastle to an English mother and Indian father.

Last season he became the first player of Indian parentage to score in the Premier League

Michael Owen and Alan Shearer were invited, but unable to attend.

Because they'd rather slam their knackers in a vice. :lol:

Following on from Alex's point, what those that appear to be normal/"boring" footballers like Owen and Shearer must think of all the shenanigans of their team mates is beyond me.

I still don't understand this law (unless children are involved) where woman get a chunk of yer money.

She'll get a huge chunk and 15% of his net income per week until the child is 18, she's quids in.

They both went to my high school, although i'm about 5 years older, he's a absolute prick by all accounts and she's not nuch better.

I still don't understand this law (unless children are involved) where woman get a chunk of yer money.

She'll get a huge chunk and 15% of his net income per week until the child is 18, she's quids in.

They both went to my high school, although i'm about 5 years older, he's a absolute prick by all accounts and she's not nuch better.

Fucking hell!! I better start being nicer to Mrs P. :lol: :lol: