Claim to fame

Christmas Tree

When I was working in Chester-le-Street, Bryan Robson's brother ran the shop just over the way from ours. When Ravanelli went AWOL from Boro, Justin came in the shop one day and asked me and the other lad working there if we wanted to buy Ravanelli's boots.

When I asked if Bryan knew he'd got them he asked "where do you think I got them from?" :mellow:

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister (again) got Morrissey's autograph yonks ago when he was still in The Smiths in Manchester. She gave it to me and I've still got it.

Is it on a record or anything?

Just on a bit of paper.

:mellow: @ Magma btw.

And probably wasn't even Shola and hes thinking of when his sister was working the last time we played 5's...

Shes the fucking spitting image of him. :D

Me Dad was close to being the one who would counsel Joey Barton after one of his many incidents, or w/e it was. Through that, though, he did come into contact with a fair few football agents.

I was once on the same plane as the whole Man Utd team, and met several of the players (Most notable include David Beckham and Fabian Barthez/The Nevilles. There is a funny story behind the Beckham meeting if anyone is interested...)

Sam Neill of Jurassic Park fame once complimented me on my hair style..Urm...Think that is about it for now!

Edited by Revolver

Did your mam let you drink it?

A bit. We came to a mutual agreement that my dad would have the rest because I didn't want to lose face. :D

:love: i hope it's another version of Dustin the turkey

:mellow: 'fraid not - it's standard-issue girls-with-guitars pop. Think Avril Lavigne meets Blondie's "Maria". Not my cuppa, but they'll do alright.

Me Dad was close to being the one who would counsel Joey Barton after one of his many incidents, or w/e it was. Through that, though, he did come into contact with a fair few football agents.

I was once on the same plane as the whole Man Utd team, and met several of the players (Most notable include David Beckham and Fabian Barthez/The Nevilles. There is a funny story behind the Beckham meeting if anyone is interested...)

Sean Neill of Jurassic Park fame once complimented me on my hair style..Urm...Think that is about it for now!

Is that Sam's brother like? :mellow:

When I was working in Chester-le-Street, Bryan Robson's brother ran the shop just over the way from ours. When Ravanelli went AWOL from Boro, Justin came in the shop one day and asked me and the other lad working there if we wanted to buy Ravanelli's boots.

When I asked if Bryan knew he'd got them he asked "where do you think I got them from?" :mellow:

Justin and Gary used to live in my street but I thought that was stretching it for a claim to fame tbh :D Did you work in Iceland :love:

My dad stayed in the same hotel as chubby brown. Said he was a dick. He also spoke to Roger Daltry in a bar in New York. I was upset he didnt point out that we lived in chester-le-street and the billboard he slept behind in McVicar wasnt far from our house

Sean Neill of Jurassic Park fame once complimented me on my hair style..Urm...Think that is about it for now!

Nor, it's the name of one of the dinosaurs.

I met Olivia Newton-John's mother a few years ago and she told me stories about her childhood in Germany. Her father was a physicist who worked alongside Albert Einstein and she said that Einstein used to play songs for her on the piano.

Forgot about these:-

have a signed LP of the Don Juans made out to my Nana

I have chris Waddles autograph on the back of a meat draw ticket (courtesy of Daddy)

and I shared a privately hired plane (business perk) with the entire boro footy team to germany, they were very loud and boisterous until the pilot had bother landing

My dad is friends with shearers dad - whose dad isn't if you grew up round here

I saw selina scott and Jeff Banks getting their make up done at the clothes show live birmingham NEC in 1990 (school trip)

If I remember any more I'll be sure to chip in.

I have met a few musicians, most notably I played on stage with Green Day at Newcastle arena and I played a set for a lad called Raary who's other band were on the front of the NME, I have had a few pints with Peter,Bjorn and John who were all class lads and one of the bands on the bill dedicated a song to me and my friend after giving them directions earlier in the day - this also got us on the guest list. The bass player from New Found Glory gave me two of his plectrums during their set and the singer hi fived me, I gave the plecs away.

I have been to watch Countdown being filmed and high fived Richard Whitely and Carol Voderman, Voderman was loving it, Whitely wasn't impressed. I also went to some gameshow with a few people on, the bloke from Big Brother who was a fireman :mellow:

Observed a Songs of Praise broadcast too, those BBC vans are fucking class.

For footballers I have met a few, Peter Beardsley (twice), I chased Lee Clark around the running track the Durham training ground when I was a kid, met Rob Lee and Warren Barton a few times, Barton wearing a brown leather suit :D.

Shearer, Speed,Waddle, and a few more but my favourite was Solano - he was class.

Here goes.....

(1) Peter Stringfellow used to date a bird called Helen Benoist. She lived on my street, was good friends with my sister and knocked me back when I was 10! Rejected for that mullett man!

(2) Had Lousie Nurdings mobile number when I worked in Next and she ordered some furnture. Don't think I was supposed to take it out of the shop, but she did hand it to me so technically it was mine (it went to voice mail when I tried ringing it. Bitch. Also had the number of the guy from Space, tiny chap he is. Not as impressive.

(3) Was on Ghost Train with Nobby the Sheep when they did it from Mannors car park in the Toon

(4) My Drama teacher dated Mark Knoppflor and the song Romeo and Juliet was written for her (she married a bloke who would become my head teacher and looked like a toad)

(5) My dad designed the green quadrant of the Metro Centre and has had a cup of tea with Axel Rose! (not related)

(6) Met David Baddiel in the Oxfam shop in Hexham

(7) My granda worked with Jackie Milburn

(8) Saw Lionel Perez at SJP, threw an orange to him and he dropped it. doh!

Saw the singer from Maximo Park necking on with his, quite frankly, unattractive girlfriend on the Metro. You'd think being in a fairly popular indie band would get you better women but obviously not.

Also chased Andreas Andersson into a bank. To get his autograph, I wasn't lynching him or owt.

Mate of mine once called Keiron Dyer a cunt in The Cooperage and another mate broke Lee Cattermole's nose when they were at school together.

An acquaintance also reckons he porked the lass from The Zutons many moons ago.

I forgot a couple...

Saw Lolly on the Tube

Removed a group of loud racist business men from a restaurant on the request of Alan Robson

Had the pleasure of working the bar and keeping it open for Frank Clarke's party until 5am whilst he played guitar. Got £50 tip plus as many drinks as I wanted for the pleasure

When Wayne Fereday packed in playing he got my mates old job, delivering car parts in a van. We played a 5 a side game against them and I thought "this is my chance.....I'll kick the shit out of him for being possibly the worst player ever to sully a black and white shirt"........ sadly,for me anyway,I didn't get anywhere near him in the hour or so we played.....in fact he ran past me at least half a dozen times. I got a bit frustrated about this so took it out on the ankles of one of Fereday's slightly slower teamates, who promptly elbowed me in the nose, breaking it. The cunt.

Gazza

Peter

Shearer

Michael Burke (miserable voice off 999 and the news)

Ant

Dec

Kat Deeley

Mark Little (Joe Mangle)

Eric Cantona

Jorg Albertz

Claudio Ranieri (best person I've met)

Bread? :mellow:

Ah shit, Sam/Sean, same thing!

He still complimented my hairstyle, like!