Park Life

We won't be relegated darlings

It's looking very much like West Brom gone, perm any two from us, smogs, Portsmouth and Stoke.

The plus for us is we should have a much better squad to pick from over the last half-dozen games or so with plenty due back. The minus is our fixtures, probably the hardest overall, with the last one looking scary as fuck if it's still undecided. Stoke go to Arsenal like, but Portsmouth and the smogs play Wigan and West Ham respectively, who'll both probably be on their holidays by then.

Also doing that predictor there seemed to be loads of games between the bottom six or seven clubs.

The return of Owen is now critical.

Aye credit where credit's due like, we never used to get these exciting last-gasp relegation battles :superman2sa2:

Aye title challenges did get a bit boring after a while. :lol:

Aye credit where credit's due like, we never used to get these exciting last-gasp relegation battles :superman2sa2:

Aye title challenges did get a bit boring after a while. :lol:

we'll be chasing promotion again soon. That will be really exciting, I wonder if that was part of Mikes "grand plan"

Guest alex
It's looking very much like West Brom gone, perm any two from us, smogs, Portsmouth and Stoke.

The plus for us is we should have a much better squad to pick from over the last half-dozen games or so with plenty due back. The minus is our fixtures, probably the hardest overall, with the last one looking scary as fuck if it's still undecided. Stoke go to Arsenal like, but Portsmouth and the smogs play Wigan and West Ham respectively, who'll both probably be on their holidays by then.

Also doing that predictor there seemed to be loads of games between the bottom six or seven clubs.

Absolutely essential Martins stays fit as well. I think with Owen's guile and the pace of Martins and Lovenkrands, plus the return of Barton, Guthrie and Nolan, we have a decent chance. Any more injury setbacks though and, well, it doesn't really bear thinking about.

Absolutely essential Martins stays fit as well. I think with Owen's guile and the pace of Martins and Lovenkrands, plus the return of Barton, Guthrie and Nolan, we have a decent chance. Any more injury setbacks though and, well, it doesn't really bear thinking about.

Agree with all the above and you can add beye onto that list - Collocini has never looked the same when mr newcastle has been at right back - at least bassong has the luxury of enrique and to a lesser extent guttierez to help him out - poor colo gets no help at all - if anything he doesn't know whether he is coming or going cos taylors positioning is so fucking bad - no coincidence to me that the defence started to deteriorate when beye got injured

Obviously i've always been a massive fan of Owen but he really is critical in these final games. On his day there are few better finishes and as Keegan showed if he plays that bit further back he could as you say exploit the pace of Martins and Lovenkrands. Against manu those two and Jonas caused genuine problems on the break, soemthing we haven't done all season really, with Owen in the mix there we could score some goals.

See this thread is relevant I think because no one is entertaining the idea we'll be relegated. Look at this though

2012/2013 P17 Pts17 Aveppg 1.00

2008/2009 P26 Pts28 Aveppg 1.14

I know it's a meaningless stat but we're average less points than we were when we were relegated. We have Man Utd, Arsenal and Everton in our next four games, that could even be P21 Pts18. If that fat bastard doesn't spend £15m in January, people who continue to support him deserve a kicking.

See this thread is relevant I think because no one is entertaining the idea we'll be relegated. Look at this though

I know it's a meaningless stat but we're average less points than we were when we were relegated. We have Man Utd, Arsenal and Everton in our next four games, that could even be P21 Pts18. If that fat bastard doesn't spend £15m in January, people who continue to support him deserve a kicking.

We weren't too bad at the start of that season though. there was a 4 game run of defeats around the time Keegan went, but we never lost 2 on the bounce again until christmas.

Christmas was fucking dreadful though, and we cashed in over January rather than fixing the problems. It was downhill from there losing 8 of our last 12. Which is where you've stopped taking the average for some arbitrary reason.

We averaged 0.89 points per game over that whole season, so we're still staying above that.

January is big though. Squad needs to see quality additions.

Aye, I think one point per game would probably be enough. I don't fancy putting that theory to the test like.

The way we are tracking we'd go down imo. If we do fuck all in Jan (spending) we will. Last time around I remember saying a few times "there are 3 worse teams" but denial is a dangerous thing (if you cant swim etc).

What worries me is that we've so far failed to beat Reading, the mackems, Villa, and Southampton. Anything less than a win against QPR then we'll have failed to beat anyone in the bottom half bar Wigan. Need to start beating people at home, simple as. I remember saying this in 2008/09 as well though...

We only lost 6 games to bottom half opponents in the entire relegation season. Home and away. If Stoke and Swansea drop into the bottom half, as is likely, then we'd be on 5 for this season.

We only lost 3 home games to opponents outside the top 4 in the entire relegation season. We're on 2 already.

One thing we've got this season over 08-09 is relative stability. The club was an absolute mess the relegation season, from top to bottom. Laughing stock of the league, with good reason.

One reason it's important we stick with Pardew. Sacking him, letting Carver take charge for a bit, bring in some manager who makes people go "Fuck me, I remember him!" and fannying about until we are relegated isn't the way forward.

Even if we spend £20m in January, (which is less than we should have spent in the summer), then I think anyone who supports him still deserves to be criticised.

Surely no one still supports him?

Massive January coming up.

Strengthen in the key areas and we'll be alreet. It's a crazy league so anything can still happen. We're still close to the mid table bunch so if we can get the confidence back and start getting results then we'll move up the table. Definitely need to address our lack of wins though, few players aren't pulling their weight at the moment.