Ferguson: No where in the world has support like Newcastle United

Guest Stevie

Guest Stevie
Sir Alex Ferguson - Newcastle is a fantastic football club

Alex Ferguson has remembered the time he and assistant Archie Knox took a walk into the Newcastle City Center, before a game against Newcastle United almost 20 years’ ago, where they were met by the cries of the local newspaper seller.

Ferguson tells the tale and it’s a good one:

“I always relate to a story, and it’s probably the only city in the world where this would happen.”

“Archie Knox and I were once walking through the town centre and the newspaper seller was shouting out the story, ‘Micky Quinn ankle injury - read all about it!’.”

“There were all these different stories in the world that day but they wanted to read about Micky Quinn’s ankle.”

“But that sums up the city and I can relate to that.” “Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow, Newcastle - they are all real working-class footballing cities.”

“And that’s because of the industrial nature of mining communities and ship-building communities.” “They seem to drift towards a passion for football as an outlet in life.”

“And that proves there is one thing in life a man can never change, and that’s his football team.”

“Newcastle is a fantastic football club.” “It’s a real football ground and there’s a real football passion.”

“Everyone has got that black-and-white strip on and the support is fantastic.”

Ferguson brings his Red Devils to Tyneside tonight and he seems to be expecting a tough game against the Magpies, as the Scot, probably the greatest club manager ever, continued:

“It will be difficult and we are well aware they are fighting for survival,”

“It’s very tight down there at the bottom and it’s going to be nip and tuck for these teams until the end of the season, so therefore we can’t possibly take anything lightly.”

Cunt as he can be, he always goes out his way to praise Newcastle fans more than any other club, he's been doing this for 20 years now.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never really understood why people don't like him.

He doesn't take any shit, instills discipline and a great work ethic in his players and is the greatest manager this country has seen.

Text book OWF. Flooding praise on the club before a game. Especially when he doesn't see that club as a threat.

We normally get: "I hugely respect Tottenham"..."style of football"..."fans make it a difficult place to come"

Its part of his pre match ritual, if he saw you as a threat, he would be saying that the ref might be swayed by the crowd or some such rubbish.

Its the same every year. I cant believe some people still fall for him fluttering his eyebrows.

It makes sense. If he makes a slight against the fans then they are going to be twice as loud and spur the team on twice as much. If he praises the fans, then the only thing they can do is show him he is right, which isn't as much of a motivation as proving him wrong :icon_lol:

Text book OWF. Flooding praise on the club before a game. Especially when he doesn't see that club as a threat.

We normally get: "I hugely respect Tottenham"..."style of football"..."fans make it a difficult place to come"

Its part of his pre match ritual, if he saw you as a threat, he would be saying that the ref might be swayed by the crowd or some such rubbish.

Its the same every year. I cant believe some people still fall for him fluttering his eyebrows.

Is the correct answer tbh.

Reality is he sees us as a laughing stock.

Is the correct answer tbh.

Reality is he and everyone else sees us as a laughing stock.

FYP :icon_lol:

I agree with all of you, just cant believe Stevie was stupid enough to get sucked in TBH.

Just welcoming you back by making your job easy tbh.

I agree with all of you, just cant believe Stevie was stupid enough to get sucked in TBH.

I reckon he missed me. Whilst on my "sabbatical" I saw him fishing left right and centre with "Spurs fans are the worst in the country" posts left right and centre.

Quite sweet really.

I reckon he missed me. Whilst on my "sabbatical" I saw him fishing left right and centre with "Spurs fans are the worst in the country" posts left right and centre.

Quite sweet really.

It's like a playground romance.

He's all over anything that maquerades as a compliment tbf. Never thinks to question it as it must be true. Obviously.

If you disagree or hold a dissenting view however then you're automatically a 'wank'.

Regular as clockwork.

He's all over anything that maquerades as a compliment tbf. Never thinks to question it as it must be true. Obviously.

If you disagree or hold a dissenting view however then you're automatically a 'wank'.

Regular as clockwork.

wank-mag in your case.

Regular as clockwork.

wank-mag in your case.

delete this post by accident please, Pud.

Don't forget that you don't reside in the town of your team Manc which makes your opinion worthless.

No matter how far you travel every week to watch.

Quite sweet really.

sabbatical

adjective

1. of or relating to the Sabbath; "Friday is a sabbatical day for Muslims"

2. of or relating to sabbatical leave; "I usually take a sabbatical when Spurs are playing shite"

noun

1. a leave usually taken every seventh year

Quite sweet really.

sabbatical

adjective

2. of or relating to sabbatical leave; "I usually take a sabbatical when Spurs are playing shite"

noun

1. a leave usually taken every seventh year

adjective

2. of or relating to sabbatical leave; "When the admins' team are not playing well so they decide to sin-bin my account"