Chrons Lee Ryder on NUSC

Christmas Tree

Ryder has gone right down in my estimation for that. Astonishingly vindictive in tone and far more extreme than anything in the NUSC email. Wanker :icon_lol:

The club are getting Thomson House very much onside now, I'm convinced of it.

That's how the game works.

If NUSC wants to survive, it will realise that and get tactical.

Exactly, it needs to get onside with the club because the local media will always side with the club when push comes to shove.

It needs to stand up to the club because otherwise there's no point having a supporters club. How it goes about it though is what matters.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as i'm starting to dislike the bum licking bugger I think NUSC has to offer a hand of friendship or at least clear the air talks with Ryder. The press do need to be kept happy.

As much as i'm starting to dislike the bum licking bugger I think NUSC has to offer a hand of friendship or at least clear the air talks with Ryder. The press do need to be kept happy.

I'm more inclined to tell him to do one.

His attack on Teasdale stinks imo.

"I'm Lee Ryder, me, man. Soopafan. I went to all these away games to far flung places and I can't recall seeing Teasdale cracking open the beers at 6 am"

If stuff like that doesn't make right-minded folk want to puke, I don't know what will. It is an absolute piece of garbage.

Edited by snakehips

"I'm Lee Ryder, me, man. Soopafan. I went to all these away games to far flung places and I can't recall seeing Teasdale cracking open the beers at 6 am"

If stuff like that doesn't make right-minded folk want to puke, I don't know what will. It is an absolute piece of garbage.

Agreed, but perspective. The original email, posted on Newcastle online and here, and follow on comments did portray the journos as a couple of nodding puppets. Bound to boill ones piss.

And who is Malcolm Teasdale?

Edited by Christmas Tree

For Info

Michael Teasdale

Position on Interim committee? Media Spokesperson

How old are you? 30

Where from? Newcastle

Where in SJP do you sit? Leazes Corner

Job? Student

Why do you think NUSC is important?

Because volume alone is not enough if nobody is prepared to listen to what you are saying.

What can you do to make NUSC successful?

I hope I can speak for everyone when I say that we're all thoroughly sick and tired of the complete misrepresentation of Geordies in the Press and National media as stupid, impatient, bed-sheet waving, xenophobes consumed with an over-inflated and unrealistic desire for instant success. I hope, through my dealings with the press and media to give an intelligent, thoughtful and above all representative view from the true fans of Newcastle United Football Club.

What message do you have for Supporters?

Get behind this initiative because, frankly, it may be the last chance fans of NUFC have to bond together and unite behind one banner. With the direction the modern game is going in fans are finding themselves distanced further and further from the people running it. Newcastle United Supporters Club is a chance for the most powerful body of fans in English football to finally have a collective voice, and if that voice can organise and finally speak as one then there is nobody, no matter how rich, that can willfully ignore us. Remember the protests of days gone by and how, mission seemingly accomplished, those groups faded into the night as the club set about upon yet another false dawn. What we need is a fans institution that is here to stay. Strength through unity, so that when trouble rears its head again (and it will) we are ready, willing, but above all ORGANISED to make an impact and do something about it.

Been told to do a number on him by DL iyam.

Job? Student

That explains the cocky attitude and the petulant way the email was written then.

Also the fact it took a week to write up.

:icon_lol:

I know you're kidding, but Lee Ryder is getting paid to write it up.

This Teasdale fella isn't.

The chronicle want to take a look at themselves for not reporting impartially what was said at the meeting.

Comments Llambias made that Ryder himself admits were reported "accurately" by the NUSC, why has the Chronicle not reported the same quotes in over a week since?

Seems to me the NUSC was worth the tenner to get this sort of thing in the public domain alone, if the "journalists" at the meeting didn't think the fans would be interested.

What kind of newspaper quotes and links as a source an online free to join public forums, i should be a fcking journo thats easy work.

by any chance our those two lads from the chronicle/journal the same people who put out that piss poor Q&A session the other week, if so i wonder what is the darker shade of brown, their tongues or nose...

"The NUSC group needs to stick together because with the team in grave danger of going down, fans are going to need a proper voice because even if the team stays up, there are tough days ahead."

no fucking shit, and you had a cup of tea a scone and a friendly chat with one of the people who basically helped that to happen.

because it has the highest percentage of tits that still back Ashley

Am I reading too much into this quote....

we won’t clear the debt for those players as it will take us until 2011”

Seems to me he's saying they don't expect to be here come the end of the season after next.

Edited by Happy Face

Job? Student

That explains the cocky attitude and the petulant way the email was written then.

Also the fact it took a week to write up.

I know you're kidding, but Lee Ryder is getting paid to write it up.

This Teasdale fella isn't.

The chronicle want to take a look at themselves for not reporting impartially what was said at the meeting.

Comments Llambias made that Ryder himself admits were reported "accurately" by the NUSC, why has the Chronicle not reported the same quotes in over a week since?

Seems to me the NUSC was worth the tenner to get this sort of thing in the public domain alone, if the "journalists" at the meeting didn't think the fans would be interested.

Nail and fucking head.

Designed to take away any credibility from the actual stuff thats in the email, any reporter worth his salt (and a few who are will be questioning the quotes) should have jumped on some of the stuff (that Ryder saw with his own eyes) and produced a hard hitting Journal / Chron piece yet strangely didnt.

What kind of newspaper quotes and links as a source an online free to join public forums, i should be a fcking journo thats easy work.

by any chance our those two lads from the chronicle/journal the same people who put out that piss poor Q&A session the other week, if so i wonder what is the darker shade of brown, their tongues or nose...

"The NUSC group needs to stick together because with the team in grave danger of going down, fans are going to need a proper voice because even if the team stays up, there are tough days ahead."

no fucking shit, and you had a cup of tea a scone and a friendly chat with one of the people who basically helped that to happen.

because it has the highest percentage of tits that still back Ashley

Funny how he has a pop at NUSC because many of the 50,000 match going fans haven't signed up as members. How fucking many of that 50k are members of Newcastle Online like? :icon_lol:

All the quotes from Lee Ryders report...

“We want to be solid competitors at the top. That’s the way we’re going. We aim to be knocking on the door again.”

“We’re sorry about the lack of communication, we know we’ve made mistakes. We were guarded to begin with but we’d made the decision to keep a low profile and got it wrong.

“We didn’t realise the backlash of KK, it was so huge and we were waiting for things to calm down. That didn’t happen. But I am more than happy to communicate with you. This is a passionate club and we don’t want to change that. We aim to use the local Press ( :icon_lol: ) and supporters’ panel meetings to keep people informed.”

“We have plans for the club and we are taking it forward. When we took over we had repair work to do and holes to fill. That has been huge step. We didn’t think the club had any foundation, there was a poor Academy and we are now building for the future.

“We’re not neglecting the club. We felt during the transfer window that we needed to add to the squad and we did. We were lacking spirit and we feel that adding Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan has addressed that.

“The club has built up a structure for the future. We have a grid that is made up by the manager and it highlights the areas we need to strengthen. We pinpoint a player and then we go out and look at him.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-...72703-23007850/

Quotes omitted and only reported thanks to NUSC...

“We're still paying for some of them now, we won’t clear the debt for those players as it will take us until 2011”

“The club makes £100M a year in revenue of which 76% goes on salaries”

“Just print that we paid £250 Million for the club”

“Xisco was Kevin, don’t believe everything you read in the press, Gonzales was a...well, I won’t go into that because we’ve still got legal issues there”

“If you bring Dennis Wise into this room what are you going to get? I just mean he’s not very popular”

“Pick your top five players this season and you’ll see that they were Dennis’ players. All those players are Dennis’, they’ve been picked...sorry, Dennis has brought them in...with the knowledge of the manager”

“We never wanted to lose Shay, we made that clear from January, whatever the price they offered. They came in with £3M and we politely told them to go away. Somehow Shay got it into his head that he wanted to move on because he wanted to win trophies. City then came in with a £5M bid that we rejected but then ...when a player decides they want to go it’s very, very difficult. We offered Shay a new contract that would take him to the age of 39 but that wasn’t good enough. Maybe we could have matched the contract with City, which we just couldn’t afford”.

“Once they came in with a £5M bid we then looked at their team. We tried for their right back, Michael Johnson, Elano on loan to get the deal that suited NUFC. Unfortunately it was difficult. We got £5.9M plus add-ons, not paid until 1st of July. We asked Man city for £15M thinking they would just go away but they got away cheaply, was it good business on our part? Not really ‘cos we never wanted to lose the player cheaply”

“Our commercial side is important, we’ll be out there from March trying to bring in better sources of revenue. Our revenue on retail is down because the economy is suffering, our revenue on food and beverage, we’re quite happy with that. We’d like to expand our brand and we’ve taken on commercial directors”

“Do we need to spend £200k a year on PR? We did have a PR agency, they’ve just been fired”.

“Let’s make a comparison with the rest of the league, everywhere is down other than the big boys”.

“If we are short 3,500 seats that is reflected everywhere in the North East. People are struggling to pay for tickets

“it would cost more than £12 (per person) in administration to [return the vat on season tickets]”

“All they (those who signed for 3 years) were doing was guaranteeing a frozen price”.

“If I could tell you the number of top class manager’s banging on my door right now...Top, top”.

There's an incredibly clear delineation there between the propaganda and factual/stupid stuff.

Good stuff as per HF. You should raise that on his blog comments section.

I'm not be funny PP but put yourself in his shoes.

Why would he jeopardise is livelihood to back the NUSC? The flow of information from the club to him earns him his wage. It is in his interest to discredit any perceived threat to the club's management.

The only way you are going to change anything at NUFC is to stop attacking those in charge.

bollocks

I think Ive just deleted Alex's post instead of my duplicate :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: I thought I was losing it for a second there.

So the local press have been 'bought'?

It really is back to the Seymour Jnr / McKeag days :icon_lol:

Of course they have. Transfer info sells papers, where is that going to come from if the paper burns its bridges?

Of course they have. Transfer info sells papers, where is that going to come from if the paper burns its bridges?

I understand your point but the Chronicle has had an iffy history of breaking transfers, even with the club on its good side. The Brett Emerton fiasco springs to mind.

I understand your point but the Chronicle has had an iffy history of breaking transfers, even with the club on its good side. The Brett Emerton fiasco springs to mind.

Be that as it may, if the press have to chose between the NUSC and the club there will be one winner.

I am sure this Lambias fella has made it clear to them.

Their shiny ringpieces?

That's the usual source btw.