Chrons Lee Ryder on NUSC

Christmas Tree

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the comments on there probably indicate how out of touch N-O is on the board, etc. Which I hope is the case tbh. God help us otherwise.

I think the comments on there probably indicate how out of touch N-O is on the board, etc. Which I hope is the case tbh. God help us otherwise.

The initial tide of pro-Ryder bullshit which was clearly posted by people from N-O does seem to have been usurped by people with some grey matter inbetween their ears who realise the club is using the local press again. Thank God some people aren't complete idiots.

Am I reading too much into this quote....

we won’t clear the debt for those players as it will take us until 2011”

Seems to me he's saying they don't expect to be here come the end of the season after next.

:superman2sa2:

I don't even want to think how badly we could be by 2011 under this regime. Probably down two leagues and still talking about challenging for everything in 5 years, following the Swansea model.

Am I reading too much into this quote....

we won’t clear the debt for those players as it will take us until 2011”

Seems to me he's saying they don't expect to be here come the end of the season after next.

:superman2sa2:

We'll be liquidated before then. :lol:

The attack on NUSC this week and the negative repercussions it is having amongst its own members and the wider fan base, are all self inflicted this time.

Just to come back to this and especially the bit in bold. I have checked the email address that it was sent from and there have been 22 replies from members.

Every one (and I mean every single one) is clear in its praise of the article and what was achieved there. There are zero emails telling us that we've cocked up or that they dont agree with the tone.

And before you say that people obviously dont tell us when they dont agree then believe me when I say that they do! I wouldnt attempt to make out that we havent had stick in the past from members quite rightly not happy with the content or tone of previous things because to do that would be a downright lie. We have and quite rightly, these people support the SC and have a say in whats done, yes theyve entrusted the current committee to carry out the day to day running of it until the elections in the Summer but they will still shout when they dont agree it.

Dont get me wrong, I believe that in hindsight the email could have been worded better and I think that we all whenever dealing with the club / press etc need to keep a calm head and not get dragged into things. What I dont think is that this has caused us any problems. The fan on the street is more interested in the content than the tone.

The attack on NUSC this week and the negative repercussions it is having amongst its own members and the wider fan base, are all self inflicted this time.

Just to come back to this and especially the bit in bold. I have checked the email address that it was sent from and there have been 22 replies from members.

Every one (and I mean every single one) is clear in its praise of the article and what was achieved there. There are zero emails telling us that we've cocked up or that they dont agree with the tone.

And before you say that people obviously dont tell us when they dont agree then believe me when I say that they do! I wouldnt attempt to make out that we havent had stick in the past from members quite rightly not happy with the content or tone of previous things because to do that would be a downright lie. We have and quite rightly, these people support the SC and have a say in whats done, yes theyve entrusted the current committee to carry out the day to day running of it until the elections in the Summer but they will still shout when they dont agree it.

Dont get me wrong, I believe that in hindsight the email could have been worded better and I think that we all whenever dealing with the club / press etc need to keep a calm head and not get dragged into things. What I dont think is that this has caused us any problems. The fan on the street is more interested in the content than the tone.

Peaspud,

These things are hard to measure but believe me its caused NUSC problems. I know you dont want to here this, but a lot of average middle of the road fans that I come into contact with,mostly 40 plus, think that NUSC is trouble.

I have spoken to many of these and gone down the argument of .... Wherever it started, whats important is getting a supporters club that can truly represent the fans. They aint interested and consider the NUSC "brand" to be tainted.

This argument really has been done to death and great that you have had 22 emails of support, but you also have people like me and UV on here who really want a supporters club to be established but are becoming increasinly disalusioned with NUSC.

I am beginning to think that NUSC is like a divorced wife who is full of bitterness and anger and can not get on with life.

WE ALL KNOW THEY ARE TOSSPOTS RUNNING THE CLUB

WE KNOW WE HAVE BEEN LIED TOO

You an the current commitee are truly more interested and finding a new titbit to confirm Llambiass failings as opposed to setting up a supporters club. I think you need to be honest with yourselves and supporters and come out and confirm that you want to remain a protest group.

You have lost a big opportunity to galvanise support and form a truly first class supporters club.

I dont know if you genuinely cant see this or whether you are just being going along with the current leadership. Whichever it is, its a very sad state of affairs for the true fans of NUFC.

Peaspud,

These things are hard to measure but believe me its caused NUSC problems. I know you dont want to here this, but a lot of average middle of the road fans that I come into contact with,mostly 40 plus, think that NUSC is trouble.

I have spoken to many of these and gone down the argument of .... Wherever it started, whats important is getting a supporters club that can truly represent the fans. They aint interested and consider the NUSC "brand" to be tainted.

This argument really has been done to death and great that you have had 22 emails of support, but you also have people like me and UV on here who really want a supporters club to be established but are becoming increasinly disalusioned with NUSC.

I am beginning to think that NUSC is like a divorced wife who is full of bitterness and anger and can not get on with life.

You an the current commitee are truly more interested and finding a new titbit to confirm Llambiass failings as opposed to setting up a supporters club. I think you need to be honest with yourselves and supporters and come out and confirm that you want to remain a protest group.

You have lost a big opportunity to galvanise support and form a truly first class supporters club.

I dont know if you genuinely cant see this or whether you are just being going along with the current leadership. Whichever it is, its a very sad state of affairs for the true fans of NUFC.

Hope you're not driving your cab tonight CT; blatantly been at the cooking sherry there with that grammar :superman2sa2:

I agree. I don't think that post did the supporters club any favours. Nothing seemed to be achieved. We all know what Llambas is like, you don't need to tell us. No one believes a word he says, lets get past that.

I agree. I don't think that post did the supporters club any favours. Nothing seemed to be achieved. We all know what Llambas is like, you don't need to tell us. No one believes a word he says, lets get past that.

ehh ? you would rather not have heard what nusc printed and the chronicle didnt ?

thank fuck we have one group of supporters out there with the balls to print it .

ignorance is bliss ehh

ehh ? you would rather not have heard what nusc printed and the chronicle didnt ?

Nah - it happened so it should be printed. But they should stick to what was said and not add comments. They're there to represent us and ask the questions not tell us what to think. Let us make up our own minds.

Peaspud,

Hope you're not driving your cab tonight CT; blatantly been at the cooking sherry there with that grammar :superman2sa2:

Kronenberg%20blanc.jpg

Mind you, grammas pritty krap without a dwink

Peaspud,

I would say that they are not hard to measure at all, they are however a lot easier for me to measure than you and from what I am seeing, the current membership are happy with it.

As for those that arent members, again I think your "statistics" are incorrect. There are 4 camps as far as the NUSC are concerned. (all of the following are based on my personal beliefs from what Im seeing and hearing)

1. Members - nuff said on that one.

2. Not members but are borderline, either not sure whether to join and giving it time, not keen on paying (at least until they see what we have done with the money raised so far) or happy to join but just havent yet got round to it. These people will not be hugely swayed either way, they are happy to see we got a meeting and shocked by the content. As far as they are concerned we are working away doing the things we said we would but sometimes we say or do things that they think "ouch" and it puts them back another go. From the signup stats I think these havent changed, our sign ups have been along the same numbers per day as they would normally.

3. Those against the NUSC - These are the N-O type group who constantly snipe and dig at the organisation, the people who had no intention of joining anyway and therefore are not swayed by this, no loss there, we werent going to recruit them in the near future and that hasnt changed. What has changed however is the group of people who do believe that the current club directors are hard done by and misrepresented. Some of these will have seen the article and now have doubt in their minds. Job done there then, whether they join NUSC or not, Im happy in the thought that some people may now be starting to question stuff they hadnt before.

4. Those not on the internet (or at least not reading TT, N-O, Ryders blog, etc) these actually make up a much bigger group than us on the internet believe, there is actually a large number of fans who still do not know about all this stuff. In these cases the information about the meeting will filter through over time because people in the pubs and clubs etc talk about that stuff. Topics such as "did you hear about Llambias saying Bassong was a Wise buy and Sebastian confirming he was KKs?" etc are topics talked about but generally not "did you hear about how that NUSC bloke spoke at the meeting with DL?". In these cases, awareness will be raised about the NUSC and the work being done, another good thing.

You, I and everyone else knows that last statement of yours is pure and utter drivel though "I dont know if you genuinely cant see this or whether you are just being going along with the current leadership. Whichever it is, its a very sad state of affairs for the true fans of NUFC."

The sad state of affairs for the true fans of NUFC is only the stuff that goes on at the club, the displays on the pitch and the shite in the boardrooms (and now the fact that the local rag appears to want to hide that). The fact someone spoke out of turn (in the face of quite harsh adversity) at a meeting that only existed because of this person and his group is not a sad state of affairs for the "true fan" at all and that is clearly proven by the responses to the blog.

Out of interest, how come I havent got an email reply from you telling us this? Its no good just coming on here and saying it, we need the responses from members (as those I quoted before have done.) directly otherwise how can we gauge it?

Peaspud,

I would say that they are not hard to measure at all, they are however a lot easier for me to measure than you and from what I am seeing, the current membership are happy with it.

As for those that arent members, again I think your "statistics" are incorrect. There are 4 camps as far as the NUSC are concerned. (all of the following are based on my personal beliefs from what Im seeing and hearing)

1. Members - nuff said on that one.

2. Not members but are borderline, either not sure whether to join and giving it time, not keen on paying (at least until they see what we have done with the money raised so far) or happy to join but just havent yet got round to it. These people will not be hugely swayed either way, they are happy to see we got a meeting and shocked by the content. As far as they are concerned we are working away doing the things we said we would but sometimes we say or do things that they think "ouch" and it puts them back another go. From the signup stats I think these havent changed, our sign ups have been along the same numbers per day as they would normally.

3. Those against the NUSC - These are the N-O type group who constantly snipe and dig at the organisation, the people who had no intention of joining anyway and therefore are not swayed by this, no loss there, we werent going to recruit them in the near future and that hasnt changed. What has changed however is the group of people who do believe that the current club directors are hard done by and misrepresented. Some of these will have seen the article and now have doubt in their minds. Job done there then, whether they join NUSC or not, Im happy in the thought that some people may now be starting to question stuff they hadnt before.

4. Those not on the internet (or at least not reading TT, N-O, Ryders blog, etc) these actually make up a much bigger group than us on the internet believe, there is actually a large number of fans who still do not know about all this stuff. In these cases the information about the meeting will filter through over time because people in the pubs and clubs etc talk about that stuff. Topics such as "did you hear about Llambias saying Bassong was a Wise buy and Sebastian confirming he was KKs?" etc are topics talked about but generally not "did you hear about how that NUSC bloke spoke at the meeting with DL?". In these cases, awareness will be raised about the NUSC and the work being done, another good thing.

You, I and everyone else knows that last statement of yours is pure and utter drivel though "I dont know if you genuinely cant see this or whether you are just being going along with the current leadership. Whichever it is, its a very sad state of affairs for the true fans of NUFC."

The sad state of affairs for the true fans of NUFC is only the stuff that goes on at the club, the displays on the pitch and the shite in the boardrooms (and now the fact that the local rag appears to want to hide that). The fact someone spoke out of turn (in the face of quite harsh adversity) at a meeting that only existed because of this person and his group is not a sad state of affairs for the "true fan" at all and that is clearly proven by the responses to the blog.

Out of interest, how come I havent got an email reply from you telling us this? Its no good just coming on here and saying it, we need the responses from members (as those I quoted before have done.) directly otherwise how can we gauge it?

Simply because there is plenty opportunity to debate these issues online which would not be the same via email.

Heres where I think NUSC management miss the point.

Virtually everyone I know disikes the current regime and does not trust them.

Agreed?

As they have tried to sell and cant, what is going to be achieved by digging up more examples of how bad they are at football management. We already Know.

Are they going to sack each other?

Are they going to feel better?

If you managed to find out one big example of a fuck up every week, interesting, but whats it going to achieve?

As Ive said to Happy Face elsewhere, I think when you cut out all the huff and puff, there isnt really anything mind blowing that came out. Particularly nothing that is going to change events.

I hope you can still get this moving again, but I have a feeling its derailled.

Simply because there is plenty opportunity to debate these issues online which would not be the same via email.

Agreed?

As they have tried to sell and cant, what is going to be achieved by digging up more examples of how bad they are at football management. We already Know.

If you managed to find out one big example of a fuck up every week, interesting, but whats it going to achieve?

As Ive said to Happy Face elsewhere, I think when you cut out all the huff and puff, there isnt really anything mind blowing that came out. Particularly nothing that is going to change events.

You know what? you're right.

We'll stop pointing out the things they do wrong and let them just get on with fucking the club up. Meanwhile we'll do the other stuff, plan relegation parties, make sure we have member nights setup for the end of January and September so that people can just get bladdered rather than worry about who we've sold and not bought.

No matter how many times you say it on here, I will reitterate.... all the facts point towards this being anything but a derailment for the NUSC. The members and the general fans are more interested in the stuff said than how it was said.

Again though, out of interest, why havent you replied to your email to tell us you disagree?

Pud, already answered your email question above.

You still haven't answered mine about what you expect finding say a fault a week is going to achieve. Nothing is the answer btw. But yes, delegation or survival, an end of season party would be canny!

A nice little conference withn nusc version of question time.

Do you not agree that now would be a good time to send out a questionaire to all members to get our view on a number of issues.

A lot has happened since SEptember.

Do you not agree that now would be a good time to send out a questionaire to all members to get our view on a number of issues.

A lot has happened since September.

Actually, I do 100%

What Im saying about the email though is thats the only way we have to legitimetly gauge the members views on stuff we put out, their email responses. Debating it here is one thing but its those emails we would use to gauge the success and currently its 100%

Agreed?

You know what? you're right.

We'll stop pointing out the things they do wrong and let them just get on with fucking the club up. Meanwhile we'll do the other stuff, plan relegation parties, make sure we have member nights setup for the end of January and September so that people can just get bladdered rather than worry about who we've sold and not bought.

No matter how many times you say it on here, I will reitterate.... all the facts point towards this being anything but a derailment for the NUSC. The members and the general fans are more interested in the stuff said than how it was said.

Again though, out of interest, why havent you replied to your email to tell us you disagree?

I would be interested to hear from people exactly what they think the role of an independent supporters club should be and would;like to refer those unsure of what other supporters clubs are about check out a few, like:

http://www.imusa.org

http://www.chairboys.ndirect.co.uk

http://www.dorchestertownsupportersclub.co.uk

see whether NUSC differs in any way from the fundamentals

the clubs quoted above cover a wide range- top of the premiership; top three division 2 and conference south.

they seem to have the same passion, the same aims and charge a membership fee; they are prepared to speak out when the football club need brought to book on something, yet deep down their intentions are all wrapped in supporting their football club on the pitch, week in week out;

with support NUSC has every possibility of matching and emulating clubs like these. we just need to get over this problem we all have of mistrust on all levels, disharmony with each other, the football club and its owner and executives, NUSC and its perception as a force for bad / good. I am sure we are all fearful of our current position and the prospect of being dislodged from our place in the premiership.

if we talk, give positive feedback to NUSC and work together i am certain NUSC can be a success. it is caught in the firestorm of disharmony eminating from all quarters at present concerning NUFC. Newcastle supporters United can and will play an active part in the direction our football club takes, if we stick together; and behind the banner of a supporters club this is entirely possible