Chrons Lee Ryder on NUSC

Christmas Tree

U V talks a lot of sense tbf.

Perhaps there's not much point in NUSC attending these meetings anyway (not convinced there's any point in having them given the current climate and the way the regime are - it's just a nice bit of PR for the club "look we're talking and listening to the fans". I appreciate Llambias may have come across as a piece of work if you were there but by the time you put that down on paper / email it / put it on the website etc. and they then put their spin on it it's all Chinese whispers "he said", "you said". I think you need to be a bit more sly in future and 'keep your powder dry' for anything that is 1) genuinely dynamite and 2) that you have concrete proof of. You have to be as clever and as devious as they are imo.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the quotes from Lee Ryders report...

“We want to be solid competitors at the top. That’s the way we’re going. We aim to be knocking on the door again.”

“We’re sorry about the lack of communication, we know we’ve made mistakes. We were guarded to begin with but we’d made the decision to keep a low profile and got it wrong.

“We didn’t realise the backlash of KK, it was so huge and we were waiting for things to calm down. That didn’t happen. But I am more than happy to communicate with you. This is a passionate club and we don’t want to change that. We aim to use the local Press ( :icon_lol: ) and supporters’ panel meetings to keep people informed.”

“We have plans for the club and we are taking it forward. When we took over we had repair work to do and holes to fill. That has been huge step. We didn’t think the club had any foundation, there was a poor Academy and we are now building for the future.

“We’re not neglecting the club. We felt during the transfer window that we needed to add to the squad and we did. We were lacking spirit and we feel that adding Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan has addressed that.

“The club has built up a structure for the future. We have a grid that is made up by the manager and it highlights the areas we need to strengthen. We pinpoint a player and then we go out and look at him.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-...72703-23007850/

Quotes omitted and only reported thanks to NUSC...

“We're still paying for some of them now, we won’t clear the debt for those players as it will take us until 2011”

“The club makes £100M a year in revenue of which 76% goes on salaries”

“Just print that we paid £250 Million for the club”

“Xisco was Kevin, don’t believe everything you read in the press, Gonzales was a...well, I won’t go into that because we’ve still got legal issues there”

“If you bring Dennis Wise into this room what are you going to get? I just mean he’s not very popular”

“Pick your top five players this season and you’ll see that they were Dennis’ players. All those players are Dennis’, they’ve been picked...sorry, Dennis has brought them in...with the knowledge of the manager”

“We never wanted to lose Shay, we made that clear from January, whatever the price they offered. They came in with £3M and we politely told them to go away. Somehow Shay got it into his head that he wanted to move on because he wanted to win trophies. City then came in with a £5M bid that we rejected but then ...when a player decides they want to go it’s very, very difficult. We offered Shay a new contract that would take him to the age of 39 but that wasn’t good enough. Maybe we could have matched the contract with City, which we just couldn’t afford”.

“Once they came in with a £5M bid we then looked at their team. We tried for their right back, Michael Johnson, Elano on loan to get the deal that suited NUFC. Unfortunately it was difficult. We got £5.9M plus add-ons, not paid until 1st of July. We asked Man city for £15M thinking they would just go away but they got away cheaply, was it good business on our part? Not really ‘cos we never wanted to lose the player cheaply”

“Our commercial side is important, we’ll be out there from March trying to bring in better sources of revenue. Our revenue on retail is down because the economy is suffering, our revenue on food and beverage, we’re quite happy with that. We’d like to expand our brand and we’ve taken on commercial directors”

“Do we need to spend £200k a year on PR? We did have a PR agency, they’ve just been fired”.

“Let’s make a comparison with the rest of the league, everywhere is down other than the big boys”.

“If we are short 3,500 seats that is reflected everywhere in the North East. People are struggling to pay for tickets

“it would cost more than £12 (per person) in administration to [return the vat on season tickets]”

“All they (those who signed for 3 years) were doing was guaranteeing a frozen price”.

“If I could tell you the number of top class manager’s banging on my door right now...Top, top”.

There's an incredibly clear delineation there between the propaganda and factual/stupid stuff.

That's pretty shocking..... as much in how he contradicts himself (sometime within the same sentence) as anything.

We're being run by people that would make the muppets look business savvy. :icon_lol:

Without people with an agenda, these meetings would become exactly what the club wants - complete tokenism.

Even the reasonable questions about the refund of VAT or the money "lost" by signing up for 3 years compared with the new prices were not quoted in the paper's reports - if inoccuous "gotchas" like that are censored then what's the point?

To be fair though these meetings dont exist in reality.

Normally its a dozen people sitting with Simon Esland talking about pies and bog facilities, the only reason Llambias came was because the NUSC pushed and pushed at it. The NUSC has a seat at these meetings from now, not to cause problems or to sit and slag off DL but to ensure that the important fans things are raised not just how the club can sell more tat. Esland himself acknowledges the stuff that can be done when both work together.

Without people with an agenda, these meetings would become exactly what the club wants - complete tokenism.

Even the reasonable questions about the refund of VAT or the money "lost" by signing up for 3 years compared with the new prices were not quoted in the paper's reports - if inoccuous "gotchas" like that are censored then what's the point?

Be very surprised if anyone with weight turns up at one of these again. They will feel that the battle is won, I fear.

If anyone wants to see the discussion board from readers re this blog they can do so here.

http://www.blogonthetyne.co.uk/2009/03/are...n-the-same.html

And example of pro and con

Jerry said:

Stuff like this just detracts from Llambias' very worrying comments regarding what has happened and what direction this club is going in - comments which you describe as 'on the whole accurate'.

Whether Teasdale's account of your role was complete bunkum or not you should really take a step back and realise that it's fallen at the feet of complete amateurs to reveal what really happened at the meeting.

I can understand why you're annoyed, but attacks like this don't do anything other than suggest that Thompson House is back in the pocket of the club much as it was when Alan Oliver was fawning over Freddy Shepherd.

Big Kev said:

I agree with most of what you have to say regarding the NUSC, a good idea in principle but sadly something that will never work as is being proved at the minute. Something like this will always be hijacked by various mouth pieces & mouths on a stick who want to push their own agender & raise their own profile. Trying to shout down a member of the board no matter how unpopular they maty be just backs up the opinion many fans myself included have of such supporters groups. Am I a member, no & I can safley say that the NUSC or this Teasdale bloke do not speak for me or any of the fans I travel or have traveled around the country or euorope with.

Edited by Christmas Tree

I dont see the email as shooting us in the foot at all, in fact quite the opposite.

The wording probably could have been better yes but frankly who gives a fuck?

I can't understand this attitude. If you want the club to still meet with NUSC you're going to have to understand that they don't need to put up with the snidey attitude.

Strength of message doesn't come from being arsey with everyone, you have to remain calm and keep the words decent. It's much more effective. This hot headed way just comes across as childish. I know passions run hot with this subject but you have to keep your cool.

There are better ways of reporting it though. The whole tone from this email is completely adversarial and indignant. You have a choice, you either act exactly how you please and achieve nothing, or you act with a bit of common sense and achieve something.

Getting into the lion's den was a hell of an achievement, but why should they meet with NUSC again? Then where are we? We're back to relying on the people who turn up to get a free feed.

I dont see the email as shooting us in the foot at all, in fact quite the opposite.

I can't understand this attitude. If you want the club to still meet with NUSC you're going to have to understand that they don't need to put up with the snidey attitude.

Strength of message doesn't come from being arsey with everyone, you have to remain calm and keep the words decent. It's much more effective. This hot headed way just comes across as childish. I know passions run hot with this subject but you have to keep your cool.

Exactly, those I speak to (few of whom post on message boards) feel NUSC is simply an Anti-Ashley vehicle, and therefore divisive.

NUSC needs a a much more balanced/reasonable and less emotive approach, keep the emotion for the games/websites/message boards an organisation needs to rise above that to be credible IMO

I do agree the tone of the message should've been more balanced but at the same time you've got to remember the people at NUSC are fans too. If i'd sat there and heard Llambias say what has been reported i'd find it very hard to come back and write up the article in a completely objective manner. Fuck it, if I was sitting there i'd have probably found it very hard not to vault the table and throw the speccy fucker into the buffet :icon_lol:

It does come across as amateurish but then again the people running NUSC are amateurs. They're learning on the job so they are going to make mistakes and people are going to think things could've been done differently. What I will say is since it's inception NUSC has become more professional as an entity. I'm happier with NUSC than I was a few months ago, this current issue included.

Hopefully the new lad with PR experience will try and keep feelings a bit more in check when it comes to writing up things like this in the future so we avoid the wrath of Thompson House.

Exactly, those I speak to (few of whom post on message boards) feel NUSC is simply an Anti-Ashley vehicle, and therefore divisive.

NUSC needs a a much more balanced/reasonable and less emotive approach, keep the emotion for the games/websites/message boards an organisation needs to rise above that to be credible IMO

Exactly, Its Ashleys club and nothing anybody says will change that.

I can't abide that attitude amongst football fans.

It's only Ashley's club as far as his name is above the door so to speak. Without the fans this club would be nothing.

ofc nusc comes off anti ashley , it was born in a time of need when ashley is pulling the club down around us , pretty hard for it to not come off anti ashley .

infact i dont know anyone who is pro ashley , bar the chron when they are allowed to sit on lambsarses knee

ofc nusc comes off anti ashley , it was born in a time of need when ashley is pulling the club down around us , pretty hard for it to not come off anti ashley .

infact i dont know anyone who is pro ashley , bar the chron when they are allowed to sit on lambsarses knee

Continuing Shepherds good works, there wasn't a club set up to harrass him though

I can't abide that attitude amongst football fans.

It's only Ashley's club as far as his name is above the door so to speak. Without the fans this club would be nothing.

Not to mention the liquidators may well change that as well.

Continuing Shepherds good works, there wasn't a club set up to harrass him though

there wasnt for ashley for a good while , even tho alot of people were questioning him along time before keegan even arrived again .

ill admit ashley has caught the backlash from years of frustration from toon fans , probably because we thought we had finally got an owner to match our ambition , only tobe brought crashing down to reality and back to the soap opera , people finally snapped .

Lee Ryder , taught and trained by Anal ...current whereabouts ..Llambiases sphincter ....the guys a joke ...

NUSC will only have credibility with me when they come to the conclusion that talking to Ashley Llambias etc is pointless.... NUSC is either 100 % anti Ashley or its nothing ...

Lee Ryder , taught and trained by Anal ...current whereabouts ..Llambiases sphincter ....the guys a joke ...

NUSC will only have credibility with me when they come to the conclusion that talking to Ashley Llambias etc is pointless.... NUSC is either 100 % anti Ashley or its nothing ...

Good point. It either wants to remain a protest group or a supporters club.

Screw speaking to the Board ..whats that going to acheive? A mass non renewal of season tickets is the ONLY language those twats understand ...

As ive said protest group or supporters club, there is a difference and some fans want one and some the other.

I have an image in my head of a spokesman from NUSC outside St James waving a bit of paper in his hand after speaking to Llambias ... " I have here a piece of paper from Herr Llambias" ...I think we all know how that one ends.....Very Neville Chamberlain

Edited by Geordiejihad

Just had a look at the NUSC committee profiles. Perhaps it would be better for Michael Ord (a lawyer by trade) to speak to the board if we get another opportunity?

That's a big IF imo. I fully expect DL to retreat into his bunker now and let his minions front up to these things. I have no axe to grind with the NUSC one way or another, in fact I really don't care what they do, but they shouldn't be surprised if the shutters come down.