The ship

Guest stormrider

What lesson is there to learn ?

Ashley is the architect of this fuck up.

He's done it in less than 12 months too.. Mission accomplished IMO, there's no way this is just bad luck - i'm convinced there's an ulterior motive.

I agree. I mean it, in all honesty, this isn't incompetence or even wilfull neglect, it has to be deliberate. Was it Sherlock Holmes who said words to the effect that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Well, this is all I'm left with after this joke of a season. Who knows what the future holds for us.

If say for example he was trying to wind up the club, can't see what he could gain from that, the land is owned by the council.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If KK hadn't quit you would be safe by now. I still believe you will stay up but I don't think the club has recovered from that unplanned departure.

Tbh if KK hadn't quit we'd be above you. :(

I've long since accepted our fate. The Board's refusal to replace Kinnear tells me all I need to know about their grasp on reality. According to LLambias you only get relegated if you consider it's a possibility

He's done it in less than 12 months too.. Mission accomplished IMO, there's no way this is just bad luck - i'm convinced there's an ulterior motive.

I don't think there is, I just think they are incompetent.

But it is amazing, as it would be pretty good going to destroy a football club so quickly if you were explicitly trying to do so.

If KK hadn't quit you would be safe by now. I still believe you will stay up but I don't think the club has recovered from that unplanned departure.

If KK had been allowed to run things and got the backing he'd been promised we might well be above Everton. :(

If KK had been allowed to run things and got the backing he'd been promised we might well be above Everton. :nufc:

Maybe even Arsenal. :(:razz:

If KK had been allowed to run things and got the backing he'd been promised we might well be above Everton. :nufc:

Maybe even Arsenal. :(:razz:

Well we did draw with Man U at Ye Olde Trafford. :nufc:

Next season drawing to Blackpool away might be the best thing all season.

As I have said before on other forums, Ashley's insistence on the club not going further into debt other than the £100m owed to him speaks volumes. It means when we go down the sale of players not wanting to stay will more than recoup much of the £100m loan and he can then sell at the price he paid, i.e. £134m and he walks away not exactly a winner but not losing anything cash-wise. By getting rid of the high earners he makes the club more attractive at the asking price he paid and if he gets ball park figures of £5m for Barton, £13m for Martins, £7m Collocini, £10m Bassong, £10m Taylor (yes others will pay that for him because he is very highly regarded in the EPL), Enrique £5m, Gutierrez £6m Duff £4m, plus others then he will rake in £60m to £70m at least. If he then sells some of our promising youngsters like Lua Lua, Kadar (when fit) Ranger and perhaps the new Slovenian lad then he will have his loan pretty much .repaid

We on the other hand are repaid in full by for suggesting he and his family would not be safe attending matches after KK left. I have no doubt whatsoever he will walk out of SJP with a great big smile on his face.

Edited by Brazilianbob

We on the other hand are repaid in full by for suggesting he and his family would not be safe attending matches after KK left. I have no doubt whatsoever he will walk out of SJP with a great big smile on his face.

Absolutely no one actually suggested that, but Ashley's spin machine and possibly his cleaning lady (it was clearly nothing but good PR management in an attempt to deflect some of the Keegan outrage - and it worked).

In fact his children did continue to come as far as I'm aware.

As I have said before on other forums, Ashley's insistence on the club not going further into debt other than the £100m owed to him speaks volumes. It means when we go down the sale of players not wanting to stay will more than recoup much of the £100m loan and he can then sell at the price he paid, i.e. £134m and he walks away not exactly a winner but not losing anything cash-wise. By getting rid of the high earners he makes the club more attractive at the asking price he paid and if he gets ball park figures of £5m for Barton, £13m for Martins, £7m Collocini, £10m Bassong, £10m Taylor (yes others will pay that for him because he is very highly regarded in the EPL), Enrique £5m, Gutierrez £6m Duff £4m, plus others then he will rake in £60m to £70m at least. If he then sells some of our promising youngsters like Lua Lua, Kadar (when fit) Ranger and perhaps the new Slovenian lad then he will have his loan pretty much .repaid

For me the Maths doesn't work out there. I think you've over-valued the players (who will be desperate to move) and no way is the club worth anywhere near £134 million in the championship. I agree with your last sentence though.

Probably true, and KK is as much to blame for our current mire as Ashley and his crew, the big baby should have stuck it out,

He could quite easily have fought his corner from within, and made them sack him if they didn't like it, instead he ran away. Fucking coward.

The manner of his departure made it virtually impossible to find a replacement of any ability, even if our lot had a slightest clue about the game it would have been difficult, it was impossible given their lack of ability. KK must have seen that and he should have stayed on, but all he wanted was the £££'s

Absolute clueless horseshit wummery.

As for the deal with the ulterior motive, it seems too unbelieveable to be true but at some point, you have to think that people running a football club in the biggest league in the world can be so utterly useless at their job. This goes far beyond Keegan leaving and the shambolic nature of that to how poorly everything has been run since then; PR, transfer window etc.

Probably true, and KK is as much to blame for our current mire as Ashley and his crew, the big baby should have stuck it out,

He could quite easily have fought his corner from within, and made them sack him if they didn't like it, instead he ran away. Fucking coward.

The manner of his departure made it virtually impossible to find a replacement of any ability, even if our lot had a slightest clue about the game it would have been difficult, it was impossible given their lack of ability. KK must have seen that and he should have stayed on, but all he wanted was the £££'s

It's a minority view but I agree that Keegan is almost as much to blame. The rights and wrongs of his job spec are one thing, but it's undeniable he left us in the shit without a second glance. What did he think would happen?

If he was any old manager with no affinity with the club then I would understand more. The fact is though, he's a legend to us and should have known his actions would have had a very big negative impact on the club. It's like a mother walking out on her kids because she wasn't allowed to choose the wallpaper. :(

Keegan left us on the 1st September, the clowns in charge have had a long long time to try and fix things. Curbishley walked out on West Ham who have had to put up with alot of shit over the last 12 months and many of their better players sold yet by getting in an actual manager (and one who was a risk but a better one than some over the hill has been like Kinnear) have managed to, with an average squad IMO, get themselves to 7th..

It's a minority view but I agree that Keegan is almost as much to blame. The rights and wrongs of his job spec are one thing, but it's undeniable he left us in the shit without a second glance. What did he think would happen?

If he was any old manager with no affinity with the club then I would understand more. The fact is though, he's a legend to us and should have known his actions would have had a very big negative impact on the club. It's like a mother walking out on her kids because she wasn't allowed to choose the wallpaper. :(

I agree completely.

It's totally Keegan's fault that he put the club on the market, appointed Joe Kinnear as an interim, but then not only extended his contract to the end of the season, but also put the offer of a further 2 years on the table. It's also Keegan's fault that he then failed to go out and appoint a proper manager to ensure our safety. It's also Keegan's fault that after taking the club off the market, he done nothing in the transfer window to ensure our survival, but ensured we were financially in the black though.

I agree completely.

It's totally Keegan's fault that he put the club on the market, appointed Joe Kinnear as an interim, but then not only extended his contract to the end of the season, but also put the offer of a further 2 years on the table. It's also Keegan's fault that he then failed to go out and appoint a proper manager to ensure our safety. It's also Keegan's fault that after taking the club off the market, he done nothing in the transfer window to ensure our survival, but ensured we were financially in the black though.

And anything that KK wasnt at fault for must have been the fans to blame.

I agree completely.

And anything that KK wasnt at fault for must have been the fans to blame.

Don't forget the meeja have to take their part of the blame.

Keegan left us on the 1st September, the clowns in charge have had a long long time to try and fix things. Curbishley walked out on West Ham who have had to put up with alot of shit over the last 12 months and many of their better players sold yet by getting in an actual manager (and one who was a risk but a better one than some over the hill has been like Kinnear) have managed to, with an average squad IMO, get themselves to 7th..

I agree 150 %. I thought West Ham were one of many teams who could go down, but they've managed to climb up to 7th, despite a lot of injuries and player sales. Their secret? A decent manager.

I agree 150 %. I thought West Ham were one of many teams who could go down, but they've managed to climb up to 7th, despite a lot of injuries and player sales. Their secret? A decent manager.

Getting Steve Clarke from Chelsea was a smart move too :(

Fuck I feel depressed tonight, god knows why, I knew we'd lose, I think it's the Portsmouth and Stoke results that have done it for me

The last twenty mins of the second half made me finally realise I'm dreaming if I think we can avoid the drop. It was a total shambles.

Getting Steve Clarke from Chelsea was a smart move too :(

What lesson is there to learn ?

Ashley is the architect of this fuck up.

I agree. I mean it, in all honesty, this isn't incompetence or even wilfull neglect, it has to be deliberate. Was it Sherlock Holmes who said words to the effect that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Well, this is all I'm left with after this joke of a season. Who knows what the future holds for us.

It's a bloody expensive practical joke !

By buying out the loans, he's protected his investment. No matter how little the value of Newcastle United Football Club becomes, the amount it owes Michael Ashley will not change.