Flu Pandemic

Lazarus

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this hooves to be a truffling matter.

:unsure: That's so bad it's good.

The truffling is good but the hooves spoils it for me.

Snout wrong with it man.

Hopefully this hooves to be a truffling matter.

:unsure: That's so bad it's good.

The truffling is good but the hooves spoils it for me.

Snout wrong with it man.

Aye, tell him to trot on.

WHO has just escalated to level five.

One more and this is the real thing.

Tinned food, aggressive dog and bio-hazard suit at the ready.

WHO has just escalated to level five.

One more and this is the real thing.

Tinned food, aggressive dog and bio-hazard suit at the ready.

World economies in meltdown and all of a sudden a flu pandemic to make people worry about something else, hmmmmmmmmmm

Not that I'm cynical in any way

The risk of pandemic has been raised to level 5 now, meaning it's virtually inevitable. BBC.

I was chatting to a virologist about this on Monday and he commented that so far the hope is this flu strain is mild (some cases in Mexico contradict this), but it does look to be very contagious. On the other hand, the avian flu strain is not at all contagious, but very deadly. The fear is these strains will combine and then you basically have an Armageddon virus. It's not likely apparently but a real risk nonetheless.

The risk of pandemic has been raised to level 5 now, meaning it's virtually inevitable. BBC.

I was chatting to a virologist about this on Monday and he commented that so far the hope is this flu strain is mild (some cases in Mexico contradict this), but it does look to be very contagious. On the other hand, the avian flu strain is not at all contagious, but very deadly. The fear is these strains will combine and then you basically have an Armageddon virus. It's not likely apparently but a real risk nonetheless.

So far, unless things have changed recently, we only have the 150-odd deaths in Mexico and the baby in U.S. I'm wondering if one's constitution has any relevance in whether someone infected will survive, and also their access to plenty of clean, fresh water? It could be the case that those who have died in Mexico were from the weakest, most vulnerable, of their society (as the baby in U.S. would have been particularly vulnerable). If this is the case, maybe those of us who are relatively healthy, and contact the virus, will be able to overcome it (after a few days off work, of course :aye: ).

Click HERE to download virus :scratchhead::icon_lol:

So far, unless things have changed recently, we only have the 150-odd deaths in Mexico and the baby in U.S. I'm wondering if one's constitution has any relevance in whether someone infected will survive, and also their access to plenty of clean, fresh water? It could be the case that those who have died in Mexico were from the weakest, most vulnerable, of their society (as the baby in U.S. would have been particularly vulnerable). If this is the case, maybe those of us who are relatively healthy, and contact the virus, will be able to overcome it (after a few days off work, of course :scratchhead: ).

Click HERE to download virus :icon_lol::dancing:

That's spot on which is why you only qualify for antiviral treatment in the UK for normal seasonal influenza if you are 'at risk' (health problems, immunosuppression etc) or old (over 65, so I guess you qualify anyway Hipsy :aye:).

Like I said though the avian flu virus is a different matter altogether. :dancing: