Newcastle United vs Fulham

smoggeordie

If the injury situation is the same next week, I would start with Lovenkrands and Viduka upfront btw. He looks sharper than Martins, makes intelligent runs, and just looks a more reliable option imo. Use Martins as a sub again.

Btw just watched that disallowed goal and it's a fucking disgrace. This stuff should have to be blatant for refs to disallow goals.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cold light of day, I think expectations were far too high.... definitely from us the fans but also I think from the players too.

This team never seems to get going until it's absolutely necessary. I reckon they'll probably put out a performance like they did against Boro next weekend - sadly I don't think it'll be enough. Last Monday was more akin to Boro's shitness than anything we really did.

That said, we have been playing better under Shearer than we did previously in the season (first two KK games excepted). The season has not been lost in the last couple of weeks, if we go down it's the likes of the home results with Man City, Wigan & Stoke when we let in very late goals. Without them, we'd have another 6 points and be comfortably safe. :razz:

Guest alex

Little bit of luck and we'd have won yesterday. We're fucking shit though and deserve to be where we are. Frustratingly the likes of Hull and the Mackems are terrible too.

Little bit of luck and we'd have won yesterday. We're fucking shit though and deserve to be where we are. Frustratingly the likes of Hull and the Mackems are terrible too.

Since the weekend of the Liverpool game, the results of teams around us have largely gone our way (even yesterday's results did us a favour - Boro and Hull could both have easily won). Makes it even more frustrating that we know it's just us that haven't done our bit - that'll be why we deserve to go down if we do go.

Guest alex

Since the weekend of the Liverpool game, the results of teams around us have largely gone our way (even yesterday's results did us a favour - Boro and Hull could both have easily won). Makes it even more frustrating that we know it's just us that haven't done our bit - that'll be why we deserve to go down if we do go.

I know mate, I thought even yesterday, as you say, the results went our way. You could argue whether that's luck or they're just really shit or whatever but either way we've had every opportunity to get out of it and we haven't been good enough to take that chance.

Guest Stevie
Sky spouting bullshit again before the match: "Newcastle fans turning up today in expectation as well as hope" Cobblers.

They'll miss us next year like but we won't miss them. Cunts.

It's not cobblers, the match going fans around me EXPECTED us to steam roller Fulham. Wankers. As I pointed out they're not fucking Boro.

We can moan and speculate all we like, but it's a nailed on fact that regardless what team Man Utd stick out they'll beat Hull, which means a point saves us. Where there's life there's hope.

Don't know if anyones mentioned this, but fucking harper, it's like someones attach a magnet to his body, and the goal posts because he loves that 6 yard box. Bassong's sending off could've been prevented if Harper had been at the edge of the box on his toes, and I've seen it just there again on MOTD, and it was not a red card, how the fuck is that a goalscoring opportunity when the ball is going far away from goal. You might not have seen on telly, but when the ball stopped it was in the top corner of the box 25 yards from goal. That cunt Webb wanted us down, it's just a shame he's a third dan kung fu expert.

Guest Stevie
How fucking shit is Nolan btw? Invisible man act again yesterday.

Did you see when he tried to turn on the edge of the box down the Leazes End, the Pride of Dover turns quicker than that.

Guest alex
Sky spouting bullshit again before the match: "Newcastle fans turning up today in expectation as well as hope" Cobblers.

It's not cobblers, the match going fans around me EXPECTED us to steam roller Fulham. Wankers. As I pointed out they're not fucking Boro.

We can moan and speculate all we like, but it's a nailed on fact that regardless what team Man Utd stick out they'll beat Hull, which means a point saves us. Where there's life there's hope.

Don't know if anyones mentioned this, but fucking harper, it's like someones attach a magnet to his body, and the goal posts because he loves that 6 yard box. Bassong's sending off could've been prevented if Harper had been at the edge of the box on his toes, and I've seen it just there again on MOTD, and it was not a red card, how the fuck is that a goalscoring opportunity when the ball is going far away from goal. You might not have seen on telly, but when the ball stopped it was in the top corner of the box 25 yards from goal. That cunt Webb wanted us down, it's just a shame he's a third dan kung fu expert.

Thought it was a red card at the time like. Well, I just 'knew' it was if you know what I mean. Not seen it again but I thought at the time Bassong would have been good enough to get back on terms with the player and didn't really have to do it. Showed his inexperience but that's what happens when some young kid plays every week and is your player of the season. Or rather that it's telling about the state of the squad anyway.

How fucking shit is Nolan btw? Invisible man act again yesterday.

Did you see when he tried to turn on the edge of the box down the Leazes End, the Pride of Dover turns quicker than that.

<_< Been saying that for a while - don't think i have ever seen a professional athlete with worse balance than him

I think you're bob on about Man U there tbh-and I've said it elsewhere; their kids/reserves could absolutely brush Hull aside. Ferguson said it best after the Arsenal match yesterday, he could comfortably have put out two completely different teams that he'd have been happy with-and that's against a team in the top 4. Speaks volumes about their strength in depth. Unfortunately I think we'll still get beaten by Villa tho.

As for Harper his 'radar' just isn't up to it in situations like that.

It doesnt matter whether hes serious or not, its a fucking stupid thing to say. Im sure hed be chuffed if someone wished his family dead

Get over yourself man KD <_< It was a bit of pissed rhetoric after having watched what was probably the final nail in the coffin at the end of our worst season for twenty years.

It's unlikely to really happen, honest. Those little Ashleys can rest safe in their beds. Fuck me :(

I was at a BBQ following the game on me phone....Let's just say at around 6 I decided to finish that bottle of vodka. I really thought in our position we'd have enough about us to beat Fulham at home. On the upside it still goes to the last day.

Someone pointed all that out last week. <_<

I was at a BBQ following the game on me phone....Let's just say at around 6 I decided to finish that bottle of vodka. I really thought in our position we'd have enough about us to beat Fulham at home. On the upside it still goes to the last day.

Out of our hands though now (we can beat them 0-100 and of course still go down) and realistically against a team we're really going to struggle to draw with never mind beat. :(

Wonder how much Ashley would pay for that 1 extra point now. <_<

Guest Stevie

Someone pointed all that out last week. <_<

So fuck.

Fop picks over Fulham defeat.

Can you actually imagine being the sort of person that would think that anyone would be interested in seeing that?

I know mate, world class gimping. <_<

Someone pointed all that out last week. :(

So fuck.

Oh how tunes change. <_<

Fop picks over Fulham defeat.

:(

What a fucking drip you are, Fop. Have you got ANY mates?

Just think it's funny, Fop got shit last week for saying what Stevie said (including from Stevie) yet he was apparently saying the same thing before the match.

Just wondering what the timing for such wisdom is, is all? <_<