Newcastle United vs Fulham

smoggeordie

What a fucking drip you are, Fop. Have you got ANY mates?

Just think it's funny, Fop got shit last week for saying what Stevie said (including from Stevie) yet he was apparently saying the same thing before the match.

Just wondering what the timing for such wisdom is, is all? :(

Stop speaking in the third person. <_<

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think it's funny, Fop got shit last week for saying what Stevie said (including from Stevie) yet he was apparently saying the same thing before the match.

Stop speaking in the third person. :(

Glenn Roeder has always spoken about Glenn Roeder in the 3rd person. <_<

Guest Stevie

Stop speaking in the third person. :(

Glenn Roeder has always spoken about Glenn Roeder in the 3rd person. <_<

Well you have that in common with him, and the same amount of charisma.

Just wondering what the timing for such wisdom is, is all? :)

Stop speaking in the third person. :blush:

Glenn Roeder has always spoken about Glenn Roeder in the 3rd person. :(

It's ok Stevie, Fop doesn't actually mind if you nick Fop's pearls of wisdom (<_<) to pass on to others at a later date (Glenn probably doesn't either). :(

Just wondering what the timing for such wisdom is, is all? :)

Stop speaking in the third person. :blush:

Glenn Roeder has always spoken about Glenn Roeder in the 3rd person. :(

It's ok Stevie, Fop doesn't actually mind if you nick Fop's pearls of wisdom (<_<) to pass on to others at a later date (Glenn probably doesn't either). :(

Fop, why do you refer to yourself in the third person?

It wasn't funny on Seinfeld and it's even more tedious by you.

Tbf, Fop's 'predictions' are generally so open textured and filled with so many caveats as not to be predictions at all. At best they tend to just boil down to several statements of the obvious, covering all possible eventualities.

As Alex hints though, couldn't have picked a worse thread for his 'look at me' routine. Truly odious stuff.

If the injury situation is the same next week, I would start with Lovenkrands and Viduka upfront btw. He looks sharper than Martins, makes intelligent runs, and just looks a more reliable option imo. Use Martins as a sub again.

Btw just watched that disallowed goal and it's a fucking disgrace. This stuff should have to be blatant for refs to disallow goals.

This makes sense to me.

I'd drop Jonas to the bench as well if we had anyone to come in for him. Headless chicken a-go-go again yesterday, blind alleys and no end product of absolutely no use to us, regardless of how much ground he covers.

How fucking shit is Nolan btw? Invisible man act again yesterday.

Did you see when he tried to turn on the edge of the box down the Leazes End, the Pride of Dover turns quicker than that.

I always say that about him jokingly as he's so slow and lumbering in everything he does, but that moment, i remember clearly and it was like watching a great big fucking ship turning in a harbour, i couldn't believe it was a professional sportsman playing in the top division!

Tbf, Fop's 'predictions' are generally so open textured and filled with so many caveats as not to be predictions at all. At best they tend to just boil down to several statements of the obvious, covering all possible eventualities.

As Alex hints though, couldn't have picked a worse thread for his 'look at me' routine. Truly odious stuff.

As usual in your desperate Fopssesion you completely miss the point.

Fop thought Fop was pretty much stating the obvious, but still got the usual <_< for it. Yet now here is Stevie talking about lecturing to the crowd saying exactly the same thing in pretty much the same context he'd previous given Fop shit about. :(

It's just plain funny (and interesting that Fop percolates Stevie's mind so), not particularly deep or insightful or anything of the sort.

Guest alex

Btw, Danny Murphy must have thought it was Xmas and his birthday rolled into one. The amount of space he was afforded, even when it was XI v XI. Several people on here mentioned through the week we had to stop him playing as well. You would have thought Shearer and Dowie would have been able to suss that out.

Btw, Danny Murphy must have thought it was Xmas and his birthday rolled into one. The amount of space he was afforded, even when it was XI v XI. Several people on here mentioned through the week we had to stop him playing as well. You would have thought Shearer and Dowie would have been able to suss that out.

I was saying at the match, we all bemoan our midfield going forward offering nothing, but they are also a massive liability defensively. Most of the goals we concede start from midfield problems, either giving the ball away cheaply or not being in position or being fast enough to break up the attack. Butt through being past it and Nolan through being fat and slow can't cover the pitch up and down so if they attack they're going to be caught out in defense so like you say players like Murphy can't believe their luck!

I was saying at the match, we all bemoan our midfield going forward offering nothing, but they are also a massive liability defensively. Most of the goals we concede start from midfield problems, either giving the ball away cheaply or not being in position or being fast enough to break up the attack. Butt through being past it and Nolan through being fat and slow can't cover the pitch up and down so if they attack they're going to be caught out in defense so like you say players like Murphy can't believe their luck!

OOoh!!

Did I hear Nolan get MOTM as well btw? By that point, I was generally swearing to nobody in particular and missed it but my dad reckons he got it. Like everyone has said, it was another anonymous performance and he's a total carthorse. Offers absolutely nothing that I can notice. Doesn't get forward well enough and never gets back often enough to defend, doesn't close anybody, can barely retain possession or pass 10 yards. It reminds me of Smith's early midfield performances.

Sky spouting bullshit again before the match: "Newcastle fans turning up today in expectation as well as hope" Cobblers.

They'll miss us next year like but we won't miss them. Cunts.

It's not cobblers, the match going fans around me EXPECTED us to steam roller Fulham. Wankers. As I pointed out they're not fucking Boro.

We can moan and speculate all we like, but it's a nailed on fact that regardless what team Man Utd stick out they'll beat Hull, which means a point saves us. Where there's life there's hope.

Don't know if anyones mentioned this, but fucking harper, it's like someones attach a magnet to his body, and the goal posts because he loves that 6 yard box. Bassong's sending off could've been prevented if Harper had been at the edge of the box on his toes, and I've seen it just there again on MOTD, and it was not a red card, how the fuck is that a goalscoring opportunity when the ball is going far away from goal. You might not have seen on telly, but when the ball stopped it was in the top corner of the box 25 yards from goal. That cunt Webb wanted us down, it's just a shame he's a third dan kung fu expert.

I said at the match that it didn't look a red card. I haven't seen a replay (Christ, I'm only now just coming to terms with everything <_< ) of anything from yesterday, but the player didn't have the ball and the ball was heading toward the corner flag direction. However, it is just par for the course that Webb saw fit to see it differently.

Edited by snakehips

Guest alex
That's eleven versus eleven btw, not eleven, five, eleven :( :(

:blush:

I'm enjoying contemplating the thought process that led to the casual use of the Roman numeral. :)<_<

Lot of Roman blood up here y'knaa.

just watched Westy Brom go down with more dignity, fight and class than we're mustering.

I still believe one point will save us this season.

I just can't see us getting it.

just watched Westy Brom go down with more dignity, fight and class than we're mustering.

I still believe one point will save us this season.

I just can't see us getting it.

To be honest i couldn't name their midfield apart from Greening, but based on the decent football you often see them play, you'd have to think that if we switched midfields with theirs we'd be comfortably safe and they'd break Derby's record for worst prem team ever!

Did I hear Nolan get MOTM as well btw? By that point, I was generally swearing to nobody in particular and missed it but my dad reckons he got it. Like everyone has said, it was another anonymous performance and he's a total carthorse. Offers absolutely nothing that I can notice. Doesn't get forward well enough and never gets back often enough to defend, doesn't close anybody, can barely retain possession or pass 10 yards. It reminds me of Smith's early midfield performances.

I didn't hear it at the match but a mate told me Nolan got MotM in the pub afterwards. Amazing, clueless corporate wankers. Have to say I thought Matins did more than most too but he was slaughtered in the Sunday Sun today. Yesterday I would have cheered if Butt, Harper, Guttierez, Nolan, and Webb were hung from gallows.

I've been uncharacteristically optimistic about our plight of late but can't see much hope at all now. Does anyone know if the Villa game is televised next Sunday, preferably at a pub in Wooler? <_<